Vale Max Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I nearly fell off the chair when I heard.
I had no idea he was ill.
Geez we've lost some good'uns this year but we can't afford to lose good blokes like Max.
RIP big fella.

About 15 years ago, when I was still in Moree I was involved in a large charity fundraiser where he was the guest speaker.

He had to come up on the morning plane ( only
two a day) as the function started at 6pm that night and I was in charge of taking care of him for the day.

I had spoken to him a few days earlier and said anything you'd like to do, he said I'd like to drive one of those gigantic tractors.

So I rang a mate, out we went, Max had a drive, and my mate and his wife put on lunch at their place , no crowds of people , just the four of us , it was a HUGELY entertaining 3 or 4 hours.

He was a champion bloke, RIP Tangles!!

I had some business dealings with Tangles, using him as the spokesperson for a building company I represented. He was a lovely man, very funny, would do anything to please the client, and kept sending me books and Christmas cards for years after our association ended.
I would have loved to have played cricket with him. I was lucky enough to play against some of his Australian teammates.
You will be missed Tangles.
(For those of you cricket lovers, can you recall when he opened the bowling for Victoria with Froggy Thompson? Together they looked like the two clumsiest fast bowlers in history).

We were on a port visit to Hong Kong in late 1992 and some of the lads bumped into Max on the Star Ferry, I think on the return trip from Kowloon. They said he was just as down to earth in the flesh as he was on TV.

I had some business dealings with Tangles, using him as the spokesperson for a building company I represented. He was a lovely man, very funny, would do anything to please the client, and kept sending me books and Christmas cards for years after our association ended.
I would have loved to have played cricket with him. I was lucky enough to play against some of his Australian teammates.
You will be missed Tangles.
(For those of you cricket lovers, can you recall when he opened the bowling for Victoria with Froggy Thompson? Together they looked like the two clumsiest fast bowlers in history).
I sure can remember Froggy Thompson and Max bowling in tandem. Both very unusual actions. Froggy's bouncer nearly hit his toe.
I have enjoyed a couple of chin wags with Max and he was a great bloke.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6