Vagana new Sharks No.6

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
Lets Hope He Plays 5/8 as well as he plays Fullback :lol2:

Vagana new Sharks No.6
By David Riccio
August 17, 2005

DESPERATE Sharks coach Stuart Raper will gamble on Kiwi Test centre Nigel Vagana at five-eighth for Cronulla's crunch match with Manly on Sunday.

In a series of changes Raper has been forced to reshuffle the inconsistent Sharks outfit with the club hit heavily with injury and suspension.

Regular pivot Adam Dykes has been ruled out for two weeks with a hamstring injury and Raper has called on Vagana to partner Brett Kimmorley in the halves.

Back-rower Reece Williams has also been ruled out with an ankle injury and will join teammate Cameron Ciraldo on the sidelines for one match after he took the early guilty plea to the charge of a careless grade four high tackle.

The news wasn't all bad for the Sharks, however, with the return from injury of Michael Sullivan (hamstring), Paul Mellor (groin) and Phil Bailey (arm) providing a major boost.

Rival coach Des Hasler obviously has his own concerns after he named an eight-man interchange bench for Manly.

The Sea Eagles will be without prop Brent Kite who suffered knee ligament damage against Newcastle last weekend while lock Ben Kennedy could also miss the crucial clash with the Sharks with a calf injury.

Mark Bryant has been promoted into the starting line-up for the injured Kite.

The Daily Telegraph

The Sharks have been more inconsistent than Manly, but at least they have won 3 of their last 8 where we consistently lose. They beat the Knights with Andrew Johns in, and then they were very impressive at Toyota against the Storm. I watched that game and they killed the Storm out wide and against a team which has strength there. I think we are in for a lesson unless our forwards stand up.

Vagana has played 5/8 for the kiwis and went ok against aus.i think it is bad for us as he needs the ball in his hands which the sharks havent done in 2 years.one of the best centres in the game at 5/8 is more than a match for a mish mash of second rowers.forget this one.forfeit and save ourselves for the warriors.i cant believe anyone is tipping us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4