Usman Khawaja

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Volley

Bencher
This bloke needs to get a start for the Test side asap.

He's currently 171 not out. He's been scoring runs at will in Shield cricket for the last season and a bit. Best young batting talent I've seen. Technique, mental fortitude. He's got it all.

Fro link said:
Smith will play sooner rather than later, not as convinced on Khuwaja yet

He starting to convince you Fro? You'll have to start spelling his name correctly, he'll be around for a long time  ;)

Digging out posts from nearly a year ago Volley?

The kid has obviously been earmarked as he has been on a test tour, and is on the fringes, but don't let facts get in the way champ.

the list of young batsmen in always long, the bowlers not as much.

Ferguson would be next cap off the rank, but this kid is there or thereabouts, condsidering there will be at least 3 spots, Hussey, North and Ponting, and very likely Katich in the next couple of years to be gone, there will be plenty of opportunity for anyone who is good enough.

Facts are he is awesome, and his 214 has once again proved it.

Wasn't a dig at you Fro, more of a giving myself props for picking it early kind of thread.

I'm Gen Y, so it took me no time to find the thread.

Agree he is a very good talent. Shame he couldn't get some runs last night in the one day/nighter at the SCG. Went out there and watched it, disspointing result.
Nick Maddinson look alright although only got 20 odd looked good for when he was in.
Jacques looked good as did Haddin

Kwawja is a No3
White has 114 @ 28 this year, Ferguson 337 @ 48 and Kwawja 598 @ 74
White had a chance and was not up to test standard.

White played one series against the curry munchers at home batting number 8. Not exactly a great opportunity to show his wares.

White would be a superb option, on behalf of the rest of the teams in world cricket I back his selection 100%

scored a ton against the poms and in 7 years of being vics skipper has made 5 shield finals scoring big hundreds in them on a few occasions made the last 4 consecutive one day finals and won 4 of 5 T20 competitions

white has serious leadership credentials unlike anyone else in Australia he is a big game player who can score under pressure again unlike clarke and co he also offers a handy legspin option

How about Clarke's test match 100s over the past 7 years ? Why do they not count for him but a few first class ones do for White ?

White is a number 6 at best. Clarke has him covered at his best, just not in great nick at the moment.

White would also add to the long list of playing older players rather than growing younger ones in their early 20's. He is about 28 now.

No, but we have seen a few 28 year olds come in since Hussey to fill that last position therefore not giving the younger guys with more potential to become the next backbone of the batting line up a chance to settle. Something i think is hurting us right now.

Looks like Doug the rug from NSW is going to miss out on a spot to Hilfy not from NSW. Surely that cant happen XX Deleted?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6