1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URM Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Captain of the Gate, May 24, 2011.

1. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    A while ago there was talk of URM being our major sponsor, a story that quickly disappeared. I noticed this today, they are major sponsor of the Indigenous round jersey, so I guess there was a deal after all just not as big as was it was speculated.

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/product-detail.asp?p=1143&pc=22

2. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +856 / 53
    Whilst on sponsorships I received some junk mail today from a company called NSCOM and they have big manly logo on the front of the brochure so obviously a sponsor. They are in telecommunications and have stores at brooky, narra, mosman, hornsby & erina. First I have heard of them.

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Off-topic here but that jersey is awful, doesn't hold up to last years Indigenous round jersey. Such a cluttered design this year.

4. Dessy

Dessy Active Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Is the news that they would announce a major sponsor before Lowey leaves reliable? If so it may be the case that URM is the new major sponsor and that they have put their logo on the indigenous jersey in advanced.?

5. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    I like it actually with the black and white on the sleeves.

As for URM, I would say you are right Dessy and they are our sponsor...just hasn't been announced yet. It will be before the indigenous round.

6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    That Jersey is horrid. I am sorry, but it is simply nasty. I hope that is just a mock up and it looks a lot better when released, but as it is I really dislike it.

7. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    URM have a corporate box right outside the Chairman's Lounge, complete with their corporate logo on the door (unlike many other corporate boxes who have a pane of clear glass),
    so they've been around (as a sponsor) for quite a while.

8. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    That jersey is revolting

9. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Rising in a rebellion is it

10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    Just a heads up, the word revolting has two meanings but is spelt the same in both cases.

• Like Like x 1
  11. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    But which one did he mean?

12. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    The word of a new major sponsor also circled around closing a deal with a company that had only previously gotten behind AFL, no word of who. At one point I was putting together a list but it was so ridiculous going through every AFL team and figuring out if their sponsors had been NRL before that I gave up

13. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Shut up you Homonyms