URL scheme update and slight performance hit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Guys,

At some point today I will be implementing a new URL scheme and soem other forum SEO components which will improve our search engine ranking and visibility.

With this comes a one-off performance hit.

The first time someone loads the page after this is implemented they are going to see a slight performance hit for the first load of each forum and thread. However this is a one off, and once it has run once, it will not need to be run again.

It will make the forums perform very marginally slower as they will be adding an additional set of queries but nothing noticable.

The old URL's will all still work, and if we notice any major performance issues or the site loads a lot more slowly we will look into just remove the URL scheme. It is an important change so it is certainly worth testing.

Any issues let me know

Dan

The address of the forums and threads will change from

http://forums.silvertails.net/thread-21090.html

to

http://forums.silvertails.net/21090-FYI-URL-scheme-update-and-slight-performance-hit.html

This will make things go very slightly slower, and much slower on first load :)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
The change has been made, please let me know if it starts loading a lot slower. I need to keep an eye on how it performs

I am a bit worried with load as we have hit 1.06 on server load as of posting this. It's fluctuating a bit, but hopefully it stabilizes soon

Dan, things are ok at my end. I haven't noticed any change.

Thanks for all the great work you do with the forum.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6