Update on membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our ticketing membership is not too bad (with limited reserve seating)and we get a pretty good return. Our average crowd at Brookvale this year has been real good. Just under 17,000.

Last year we ended up 10,256 members and that was improvement from 2009 to 2010 years (which we came from a 4,500 to 5,000 membership base).

For a basic member who does not want to buy ticketing membership but just want a simple pack and be counted a member? How much does this cost for each club?

Ours is a Supporter Wings for $80 (Adults). You get a fair bit with that.

Others Clubs have similar packages, did the NRL make these a minimum spend, as some Clubs had these as low as $30 at one stage?

The Who said:
I'm often surprised at the number of people I meet who I discover are Manly fans and know a lot about the team. But when I press further they are not members, and always have an excuse why they don't go to home games. I guess you call such people 'bandwagon' supporters.
Perhaps it's because our demographic doesn't contain as many die-hard rugby league supporters as other clubs.
Any thoughts why?

I get the feeling it's because there's more to do on the northern beaches than Belmore, Campbelltown etc....If I lived there, going to the footy would be an ideal escape.

In saying that, I live on the Northern Beaches and go to most games so this is no reflection on me personally.

Larissa said:
We are on track this year to break our all time membership record.

In 2011 we reached 11,009 Members, however over 4000 of those were free Next Generation memberships.

We have almost passed our 2012 membership total, a huge achievement given that was a post-premiership year.

So, on the whole I am very proud of our results for 2013!

Your team has done an amazing effort and I'm assuming with a lot less resources at your disposal compared to the Souths and bulldogs who have larger budgets to use marketing their memberships.

It's only may I'm sure the 12000 target is achievable

MWSE said:
globaleagle said:
How many before we get a refund?

Or some kind of free 6 month Kaspersky license for our computers!

Yeah! Are we still sponsored by Jim Beam....how 'bout some of that??

gimme gimme gimme!

IaoIyu0.jpg

Duff said:
WTF is this argument about?

If a kid comes from an area that has a team, he should support that team. Why would we try to poach fans?

I know when i see people who live in the Manly/Warringah/Pittwater area who support a team other than Manly, I tell them to get the f*ck out of my area. If they say they were brought up here I launch into a tyrade about how they are a traitor and a piece of sh*t that encourages the vermin to infiltrate our area and so on.

It's only the ones in the bush we should be trying to get. There's a local team on the coast from the west coast of Victoria to the Northern most tip of Qld, except for the Central Coast.

Yes, if they refuse to sell up/break their lease and move elsewhere, they should be 'encouraged' by a team of pipe-wielding M-W NSW Cup players, armed with blowtorches and pliers - who will 'get medieval on their ass' if they don't take the hint....

Thehill said:
The Who said:
I'm often surprised at the number of people I meet who I discover are Manly fans and know a lot about the team. But when I press further they are not members, and always have an excuse why they don't go to home games. I guess you call such people 'bandwagon' supporters.
Perhaps it's because our demographic doesn't contain as many die-hard rugby league supporters as other clubs.
Any thoughts why?

I get the feeling it's because there's more to do on the northern beaches than Belmore, Campbelltown etc....If I lived there, going to the footy would be an ideal escape.

In saying that, I live on the Northern Beaches and go to most games so this is no reflection on me personally.

I always find that statement about the beaches a bit puzzling. I've lived here my whole life and there really isn't much to do. To get anything decent you have to travel to the city or out west. All we have is beaches (maybe a big hit in summer but we're talking about winter here). Other than that it's houses, shops & local pubs. Everywhere has that.
It's hardly the food, bar, live music or show district of Sydney. Alternative sports venues like the races, the dogs, the speedway, go karts or ice hockey are elsewhere.
What really is there to do on the beaches but support the mighty Eagles. These people need to stop looking for excuses.

Seems we've broken the 11,000 mark!

woohoo!

Onward and upward to the 12k goal.

I see the Western Sydney Wanderers have cracked 12,500 members already and its only been open to new signing members for a day. Gotta give it to them...whether u love or hate....

Frogz said:
I see the Western Sydney Wanderers have cracked 12,500 members already and its only been open to new signing members for a day. Gotta give it to them...whether u love or hate....

I have no interest in soccer but when you see their crowds and the hysteria surronding the visit by Man U and Liverpool it seems inevitable that it will become our premier football code. Or is it a passing fad, like Justin Beiber?

The Who said:
Frogz said:

I have no interest in soccer but when you see their crowds and the hysteria surronding the visit by Man U and Liverpool it seems inevitable that it will become our premier football code. Or is it a passing fad, like Justin Beiber?

Who, I liken soccer to Michael Jackson - hugely popular with the masses and sells millions of albums. But he is actually ****. League is more your niche indie rock sport for real sport fans. Mainstream is boring. The sooner league realizes this the better.

I know a lot of Manly fans who are not members. I ask why and i get they can't afford it, or make it to all the games. I explain to them that there is a 3 game membership for only $65.

They seem shocked by this. Obviously they just assume that it is expensive for some reason. Hopefully, i can convince them to join up.

My son is a WSW member for the red & black area....$90 for the year (I think)....includes entry for all home games.(normal $22)
Has nothing to do with what u think about the sport, to have this many members already is a real success....IMO.
WE have won a few recent premierships and struggle getting members.....Not bagging anyone but it just amazes me

dowdz said:
I know a lot of Manly fans who are not members. I ask why and i get they can't afford it, or make it to all the games. I explain to them that there is a 3 game membership for only $65.

They seem shocked by this. Obviously they just assume that it is expensive for some reason. Hopefully, i can convince them to join up.

I think Manly have some ambassador competition each year where you win some cool stuff if you sign up the most people. You should do that, sounds like you'd romp it in!

I think people can also do some sort of 'easy installment' pay which may make it even easier for those friends of yours who say it's expensive for them.

Manly Sea Eagles - Helping people evolve into Manly fans since 1947!

globaleagle said:
dowdz said:

I think Manly have some ambassador competition each year where you win some cool stuff if you sign up the most people. You should do that, sounds like you'd romp it in!

I think people can also do some sort of 'easy installment' pay which may make it even easier for those friends of yours who say it's expensive for them.

Manly Sea Eagles - Helping people evolve into Manly fans since 1947!

Cheers GE. I need to do something. It is ridiculous they are not members. They go to most games at brookie when they are not working. Will point out the payment plan and savings they will make.

I'm not familiar with soccer scheduling; do they have the crap game times that fans of RL have to put up with? Do they have Monday night matches in the middle of winter?
I do believe the NRL has sold out clubs and fans by letting TV create an uneven competition with inconvenient game times. Bloody Brisbane every Friday night, even when they are running near last! No wonder crowd numbers are down and members are hard to recruit.
TV wants eyes glued to TV sets; they can add virtual fans and a noise track. Staying away from matches in favour of higher TV ratings is in their best interest.

Football has games all through the season (including mid week games)

WWS have done a great job of marketing, the cost of the membership etc

The only reason they have so many members is because not only is majority of their fan base around Western Sydney, but because there is nothing else to do in the ****hole out there. Exactly like Souths.

Or you could could look at the offer to the members - pretty compelling

Access to all 13 Western Sydney Wanderers FC home matches at Parramatta Stadium
Free government public transport to and from Parramatta Stadium with your members card*
Exclusive Members-only Wanderers team line-up sent straight to your mobile phone prior to every home match**
Exclusive Members-only match-day draw to gain access to the Wanderers post match media conference***
Exclusive Members-only entrance at Parramatta Stadium prior to main gates opening~
Minimum 10% discount on all food and beverage at Parramatta Stadium
Minimum 10% discount on additional pre-purchased match day tickets

Exclusive 2013/14 Membership cap
2013/14 Personalised Membership Card
2013/14 Lanyard & Card Wallet
2013/14 Fixture Magnet
2013/14 Keyring
2013/14 Member Bumper Sticker
Access to exclusive Members-only merchandise
2013/14 Club Benefits:

Free Entry to Western Sydney Wanderers National Youth League home matches when you present your members card
Free Entry to Western Sydney Wanderers Westfield W-League home matches when you present your members card
Exclusive Members-only access to purchase tickets to club presentation night
Minimum 10% discount on all Wanderers FC merchandise both on match days and via the online store
Priority booking for Hyundai A-League finals series matches when the Western Sydney Wanderers FC qualify
Priority Access to tickets for all Western Sydney Wanderers FC Asian Champions League matches^
Free Entry into the Football Family (including priority access to Qantas Socceroos Tickets - email address required)
Exclusive Members-only weekly eNewsletter to keep you up-to-date with club news, exclusives and important information
Exclusive Members-only Invitation to member-only fan days, inner sanctum forums, and annual Member thank you
Priority Access to Wanderers football School Holiday clinics for Juniors

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4