Update on membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly's "Official" Facebook page is showing 9,899 members.

MadMarcus said:
Shoe1 said:
It's a sea of maroon at my kids' school on mufti days. Upper north shore.

That's great to hear. Back when I was at school it was a sea of red and black, and even blue and gold. The maroon and whites were few and far between, but of course that just made us stronger!!

I've never seen a bears beanie or jersey on any of the kids. Some stickers on parents' cars occasionally, but these are faded and peeling off.

Darren tell them that the greatest gong citizens are bozo, zorba and the stewarts - people they should aspire to emulate.

I am constantly surprised at the number of Eagles supporters I bump into up here in the Top End.
There definitely appears to be just as many Manly supporters up here as any other NRL team.

Clint said:
I am constantly surprised at the number of Eagles supporters I bump into up here in the Top End.
There definitely appears to be just as many Manly supporters up here as any other NRL team.

But its just so damn hard to convert them to memebrs... I have mates who are mad Manly supporters but wont fork out....I paid for one myself last year and he hasnt renewed this year

I teach near Picton (so Southern highlands way) I live in Wollongong and when I grew up my school was full on with Manly but sadly no more. I have Manly stuff in my class room but cop crap all the time about it. Kids usually tell me Matai is a thug and Manly always whinge. They call us Manly Wawhinger. The kids just copy their parent's hate of Manly. No love here for the maroon and white. I have never seen so many children happy when we lost to Souths.

Darren said:
I teach near Picton (so Southern highlands way) I live in Wollongong and when I grew up my school was full on with Manly but sadly no more. I have Manly stuff in my class room but cop crap all the time about it. Kids usually tell me Matai is a thug and Manly always whinge. They call us Manly Wawhinger. The kids just copy their parent's hate of Manly. No love here for the maroon and white. I have never seen so many children happy when we lost to Souths.

You're a fool Darren your the teacher so you are the boss, if the little turds bag matai teach the little bastards some discipline and make them write a 100 times Steve Matai is one tough cuzzy bro.

If the behaviour continues give the litte ****s after school detention. If you have to cane them truth be told they probably need it.

For godsake Darren grow a pair and spread the manly gospel.

Darren said:

When you grew up mate there werent as many teams to choose from it was that long ago ;)

You sure they aren't calling you the Manly Wawhinger after reading a few of your posts ? :p

Probably to busy brainwashing the kids to become labor voters ;)

RL Gronk said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
RL Gronk said:
Darren said:
We are hated (history) and those old fans we had don't go anymore. Today's kids like popular teams (Storm, Tigers, Broncos, Souffs, Tigers) so we have missed out. Hardly any kids at my school support us.

Yaaaaaaaaaawn
Darren your negativity is boring and repetitive.
Are you even a member ?

Kids at a school in Wollongong Darren are not going to follow Manly so it's up to parents and grandparents to brainwash them into the sea eagle way of thinking
If Darren was any sort of decent teacher he would brain wash them.

He could assimilate manly in to the curriculum, things like

If manly were playing Melbourne and a disagreement broke out when Glenn and adam were sin binned and darcy, Brett, robbo and foz all ran in what would be the ratio of manly players to storm players. Answer 5:1

If Jamie Lyon scored 4 tries kicked 2 goals from 4 attempts made 5 tackles 1 offload and 2 line breaks, how many supercoach points would he get?

See Darren if kids at your school don't like manly YOU aren't doing your job properly. ;)

The MWSE website has been busy today. Lots of articles have been posted including this one which announces that we passed 10 000 members over the weekend.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-soar-past-10000-Members/73694

Great work.

WTF is this argument about?

If a kid comes from an area that has a team, he should support that team. Why would we try to poach fans?

I know when i see people who live in the Manly/Warringah/Pittwater area who support a team other than Manly, I tell them to get the f*ck out of my area. If they say they were brought up here I launch into a tyrade about how they are a traitor and a piece of sh*t that encourages the vermin to infiltrate our area and so on.

It's only the ones in the bush we should be trying to get. There's a local team on the coast from the west coast of Victoria to the Northern most tip of Qld, except for the Central Coast.

Duff - annex the Central Coast & North Shore/Berowra district to the Northern Beaches/Forest district & that's a population well over 1 million.

10,000 is good considering what it was a couple of years ago. Just needs to keep steadily climbing in future years, which will take a lot of work but is probably very important for our future.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
10,000 is good considering what it was a couple of years ago. Just needs to keep steadily climbing in future years, which will take a lot of work but is probably very important for our future.
I totally agree mate I remember the big deal that was made when we got to 1000 for the first time.

I think the NRL as a whole has done a great job at changing the culture to become membership based like the afl

The other thing to consider is if the average revenue for each individual member is say $50 (taking a guess because of the different values of each membership)

That's $500 000 our club is making hypothetically from membership that wasn't there 10 years ago.

I'm often surprised at the number of people I meet who I discover are Manly fans and know a lot about the team. But when I press further they are not members, and always have an excuse why they don't go to home games. I guess you call such people 'bandwagon' supporters.
Perhaps it's because our demographic doesn't contain as many die-hard rugby league supporters as other clubs.
Any thoughts why?

We are on track this year to break our all time membership record.

In 2011 we reached 11,009 Members, however over 4000 of those were free Next Generation memberships.

We have almost passed our 2012 membership total, a huge achievement given that was a post-premiership year.

So, on the whole I am very proud of our results for 2013!

Larissa said:
We are on track this year to break our all time membership record this year.

In 2011 we reached 11,009 Members, however over 4000 of those were free Next Generation memberships.

We have almost passed our 2012 membership total, a huge achievement given that was a post-premiership year.

So, on the whole I am very proud of our results for 2013!

and so you should be. Congratulations to you & your team Larissa!
Oh, and of course all of us members. :)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8