1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbelievable speech

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by The Gronk, Aug 29, 2008.

1. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I just watched Barack Obama's speech to formally accept the presidential nomination in front of 80000 people. 

Deadset I have never seen anything like it. 

If you get the chance try to watch it at some point.  The guy has more talent in his little finger than both Bush presidents put together. 

Its on here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    he is definitely from the Kennedy School of politics and leadership

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Probably end up like a few of the Kennedy's in other ways too.

4. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I would say without a doubt that there would be a few people sharpening knives and taking aim. If the latest plot wasn't true there will be others. I hope he gets elected I think he will be good for this planet

5. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    He's a magnificent orator, no doubt about that. He gets everyone pumped up.

I'd be happy if he was addressing our troops at half-time in the grand final. I reckon we'd be able to overcome a 40 point deficit against the Storm if he was the one giving us a rocket.

6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Big, big performance. However, I couldn't feel much of the substance as it was so staged and covered the usual US political feel-goods about nationalism and god blessing everything.

Nice to see the other side has added an anti-abortionist, gun-toting, creationist supporting running mate to balance the ledger in a country where half the population thinks UFOs have visited Earth recently and something like 78% think creationism is a fact or highly likely. The planet is going to be very safe whoever gets up ;)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A dog turd has more talent than george Bush.  Lets hope he is allowed to govern the country as he sees fit.

8. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The down side is they can only serve  2-3 terms in office over there i think ?

9. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Two terms of 4 years each maximum!

10. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    [/quote]

Is that a down side? over here we had many people complaining we had the same PM for too long.

11. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [/quote]

Is that a down side? over here we had many people complaining we had the same PM for too long.
    [/quote]

The Coward government went to long for mine.

12. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    So you have just contradicted yourself?

13. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I think that is the one thing that the US political system has over ours, limited terms for the president.

The difference is that it just means the same president can not run for president, the same party can happily put forward another candidate and usually does, in this case crazy mccain

14. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
      The philandering McCain is a good chance of dying in his first term which leaves the fruit loop from the wilds of Alaska to hold the reigns which is a very scary proposition. I fear for the world if the elephant tramples the donkey this time. 

15. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How so ?