Unbefrigginleivable - Rd 25 versus Titans Monday 1st Sept!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
Just posted on MSE

Round 25 - Sea Eagles v Titans - Monday 1st September

We have been advised today that the Round 25 fixture against the Titans has been scheduled for Monday 1st September. As you would all be aware the club has lobbied the NRL to have this game scheduled for a Sunday afternoon but both Fox and Channel 9 have had the final say, as is their right under the terms of the broadcasting agreement.

We've asked the NRL if the game could be pushed back to a later start to allow our members and fans extra time to get to Brookvale Oval this will be confirmed at a later date.

Whilst we understand your desire to scream from the roof tops about this decision we can assure you that nothing will change the games scheduling.

I respectfully ask that our fans get behind this decision, support the club and more importantly support Beaver in his last NRL home game at Brookvale Oval.

For those that believe that the Home Final will be his last game you are only partly correct. The event itself is controlled by the NRL and our ability to acknowledge Beaver's achievements will be limited due to other demands on that day. For this reason we will continue with our plans to celebrate his career in Round 25 vs the Titans. This will ensure we can deliver a tribute that is a worthy acknowledgement of everything he has done for the Sea Eagles and the community in general.

Celebrations will include a commemorative jersey and a major announcement that will etch Steve Menzies' name into the clubs fabric for eternity … stay tuned!

For those fans who were looking to travel down for this game, we apologise for the inconvenience but rest assured Aaron Markie and Mark Tramby will work tirelessly to come up with the best possible package for our Home Final.

Thanks Always

Grant Mayer
CEO

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

NRL are a farking joke and this just confirms their lack of appreciation of the fans and the inability to look past their noses.  This short sighted decision has cost many thousands of kids the chance to say goodbye to Beaver.  How many kids will be allowed to go the footy on a school day.  What about the thousands of fans outside the peninsula who would like to travel to brookie  to say goodbye.

GALLOP YOU ARE A FARKIN ARSECLOWN

Channel 9 and Fox are more to blame than Gallop who we know doesn't run the show anyway. It would appear that Ch 9 hasn't taken up this match which left it in Fox's hands. The faceless person who has made this decision is either clueless or a complete arsehole. This is disgraceful after all the time that Beaver has given to Fox over the years not to mention his general contribution to the sport which has been well documented here.

Well that means I can't go. I can not miss 2 days of work for one game that would push the total of my entire 1 game of football up to over $600 what with missed days from work + flights + entry

NRL are a ****ing joke, i have had enough of them. Now I unfortunately have to miss saying farewell to one of the best and most amazing players and people to grace the game.

NRL are lucky I love Manly so much because a thing like this would make me want to ditch the game

That sucks I can't travel interstate and miss two days of work either.

the NRL really gives me the ****s, they did everything they could for that little junkie johns, and they've barley acknowledged Steve Menzies, a guy that’s given so much to the game.

This is why the game is going backwards, it has nothing to do with Roger Ramjet or Sunny boy going to France; it's the idiots that make these decisions.

I just spoke to my work, and it looks like I may be able to fly in on Sunday work on Monday in the Sydney office and then fly back on tuesday.

Thank god for a flexible work place!

That's good news Dan.

I just sent this to the NRL Soapbox for all the good it will do...............

The decision to schedule the Manly v Gold Coast (Rd 25) game for a Monday night is a massive slap in the face for Steve Menzies and the legion of young fans that he has. This will be his last home match after 16 seasons and Fox's decision to schedule it for Monday night will result in many families not being able to attend and farewell him. Not to mention the supporters that have to travel from a distance or interstate.
The faceless person who made this decision is either clueless or heartless. This is a disgrace after all the time he has given to Fox over the years!
How about you come out and defend/explain this decision on air or in a reply email?!

This has raised the Ire of my Mum. being a somewhat elderly English woman, rest assured many a heartfelt, long and droning complaint will be put to the ear of anyone she can find, including the NRL, Fox, Channel 9 and from last time she called me, the footy show.

aww god bless her

Stupid dumb morons.  It beggars belief - makes it an impossible proposition for anyone from out of town unless they can get two days off work/school.

So if I want my boys to be able to say they were there for Beaver's last game their education must suffer.

I am incredibly angry.

yes that was my mum on the radio. God how embarrasing

oh god. Did she reveal any other dirty secrets? At least she got a plug in for the site I guess

****ing ridiculous. I cant go either now as I will be coming off a weeks annual leave and am due back at work on the Monday. What a disgrace. NRL, 9, Gallop, Foxtel you all should hang your heads in shame.

I thought the Monday night game was supposed to be the 3rd best game of the round, as Channel 9 get to chose the best two games for televised matches and Fox get 3rd best for Monday night.

I guess the fact that the Bulldogs and Eels are so woeful at the moment that their games don't rate highly, but I can't believe they have the Bulldogs v Broncos as the match of the round on Sunday, that's a disgrace, should have been Manly v Titans.

I would have had the Warriors v Panthers, Storm v Knights or even Eels v Dragons ahead of our game in terms of being a tight contest / good spectacle for the MNF game.

9 choses the first 2 for friday and Fox choses the best of the rest for MNF.

He who pays the piper calls the tune, I cant believe you all want more money from a TV contract then expect the networks to not want some say in it.

And its not his last home game anyway, there will be a semi final there, and if we finish first that will be the sunday arvo game.

**** me, can't beleive it

Hope they produce a fair number of these jerseys, i will certainly be purchasing one

What will this announcement be ? I am picking the obvious options, either a statue or the new Stand being named after him

Mata - go to the Foxsports site. http://www.foxsports.com.au/shows/nrlonfox
Half way down the page. I have written something before and received no response or acknowledgement but I encourage people to vent anyway.

Fro - you've got to be kidding. We might be slightly biased here but this is a special and unusual occassion. An exception is justified and it's not as if any of the non Ch 9 matches stand out greatly from each other anyway.

Fro link said:
9 choses the first 2 for friday and Fox choses the best of the rest for MNF.

He who pays the piper calls the tune, I cant believe you all want more money from a TV contract then expect the networks to not want some say in it.

And its not his last home game anyway, there will be a semi final there, and if we finish first that will be the sunday arvo game.
The AFL charge more for the TV rights and announce their draw at the start of the season.

We have the problem of the NRL (News) getting paid by Nine and Fox (who have stakes in each other with News). See the articles on the site for more comprehensive details.

In the end it is the Pay TV viewers and Fox subscriptions that are the main interest rather than what is best for the game.

Round 25 is a Manly game and the semis are NRL fare. Anyone who was at the stadium on the night BK last played will know it is a joke - the NRL couldn't run a gang-bang in a brothel in the centenary year, it has been one disaster after another.

We need News out, Gallop out and someone to run the game that has the best interests of League into the future.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6