Unacceptable Loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
I am Manly through and through and win lose or draw I support the team through thick and thin. Realistically we cannot win all games.

I was willing to take this loss on the chin provided we kept it close, but those soft trys that Newcastle score is really unacceptable, I have not seen Manly play like that in over 5 years . We still should of won this game with the squad we had and all the opportunities we had.

We really needed those two points, but what is unacceptable is we let in 3 really soft tries, sure some guys might of been sick and we were missing key strike players, but god dam If we are serious about this year we need to pull our fingers out.

T-REX is obviously thinking about the Dogs Game.. He will put in for that game to impress his new team mates.

I think next week will be close, I cant understand how and why we lose to all the bottom ranked teams. NOT GOOD ENOUGH..

SeaEagle007 said:
I am Manly through and through and win lose or draw I support the team through thick and thin. Realistically we cannot win all games.

I was willing to take this loss on the chin provided we kept it close, but those soft trys that Newcastle score is really unacceptable, I have not seen Manly play like that in over 5 years . We still should of won this game with the squad we had and all the opportunities we had.

We really needed those two points, but what is unacceptable is we let in 3 really soft tries, sure some guys might of been sick and we were missing key strike players, but god dam If we are serious about this year we need to pull our fingers out.

T-REX is obviously thinking about the Dogs Game.. He will put in for that game to impress his new team mates.

I think next week will be close, I cant understand how and why we lose to all the bottom ranked teams. NOT GOOD ENOUGH..
i agree something is not right maybe it is TOOVEY to soft or dowe really miss HASLER.........

I personally believe our team has players in it who NEED attention to detail - the only way I know that, is because of how well they seemed to do under a marticulous (sorry Fro) coach.

Geoff Toovey is a self professed laid back coach, and I don't think these types of coaches are successful.

How do I come up with that statement?

Who are the best three coaches in the world today? Hasler, Bennett and Bellamy - what do they all have in common? Attention to detail. They focus on everything.

Anyway - that's my take, but yeah, I really don't like Geoff Toovey as a coach, and yeah, I know a lot of people dislike that - which I apologise for.

Mate just remember Hasler learnt all his art here at the Sea Eagles we made him what he is today. Do we miss Hasler.. of course we do , we all been saying for years he is the best coach in the NRL. Its just funn that no one elase thought so , but all of a sudden that he is now at the dogs he is the best coach,, I remember so many other supporters especially dogs one always commenting on what a shyte coach he was.. Funny what paying someone $900K a season does..

Toovey is not soft he is still learning big difference, Hasler is an established coach you can t compare the two

Phantar said:
Geez, Tooves was never a laid back player! Maybe the 'laid back coach' routine is a smokescreen.
toovey will only see out hes 2 years .........hes not sticked enough imo,,,,

mr seagles said:
Phantar said:
Geez, Tooves was never a laid back player! Maybe the 'laid back coach' routine is a smokescreen.
I

Learn to spell before you play with the big boys little fella. You give yourself away as the deficient unfortunate that you are.

Top End Eagle said:
mr seagles said:
Phantar said:
I

Learn to spell before you play with the big boys little fella. You give yourself away as the deficient unfortunate that you are.

You berate the guy, but honestly, your coming off terribly in my opinion. Extremely immature. Do you struggle to discuss football, rather than people on the boards?

Come on mate. Be better than that. Please. Lets discuss the TOPIC. How hard is it to comprehend?

Ok, now I'm digressing. How about this.

If you FEEL me seaeagles is wrong, try suggesting how, rather than what you think of him directly.

It's like a cop asks you if you've had a beer in the past hour when your at an RBT, and your answer is, "I think the cow is brown, but with some black stripes".

mrseaeagles has nothing to do with his statement, but Manly as a brand does. Please, just PLEASE add value to the discussion.

Ryan said:
I personally believe our team has players in it who NEED attention to detail - the only way I know that, is because of how well they seemed to do under a marticulous (sorry Fro) coach.

Geoff Toovey is a self professed laid back coach, and I don't think these types of coaches are successful.

Who are the best three coaches in the world today? Hasler, Bennett and Bellamy - what do they all have in common? Attention to detail. They focus on everything.

Anyway - that's my take, but yeah, I really don't like Geoff Toovey as a coach, and yeah, I know a lot of people dislike that - which I apologise for.

What do you know of Toovey's coaching style ?
How is it any different from what Des was doing. do you know that too ?

the word you are looking for is meticulous

I will take the blame for last night. The only two games I have been to this year (as the name suggests I live in Taree) have been last night and the Titans. I am willing to accept inducements not to make any further appearances at games this year.

Gosh it was hard sitting there watching the game surrounded by Knights supporters, who unfortunately give one eyed a whole new meaning.

Having said that, have a good feeling about next week.

Tareeeagle said:
I will take the blame for last night. The only two games I have been to this year (as the name suggests I live in Taree) have been last night and the Titans. I am willing to accept inducements not to make any further appearances at games this year.

Gosh it was hard sitting there watching the game surrounded by Knights supporters, who unfortunately give one eyed a whole new meaning.

Having said that, have a good feeling about next week.

If you go to another game this year im going to ****ing kill you.

Ryan said:

Mate, Toovey has had just two wins less this year than Bellamy and Hasler. One of Tooveys wins was a win over the Dogs when Foran and T Rex were both out. Manly have had a stack of injuries and suspensions this year. Look at how well Bellamy is traveling with Slater out. Three losses over the last month for the Storm with the Raiders putting 40 on them. I just think you should hold off on judging Tooves until the end of the year. Injuries are not an excuse for a loss, but they can be a reason. In saying that I don't think it was the reason last night. I think their minds are on next week. I have no doubts at all that if Both stewarts are back next game, that by this time next week Toovey will have two wins over Hasler in 2012.
Can I ask why you discount the injuries and suspension as a valid reason for being just two wins off the competition lead? Also, how does Toovey being laid back mean that he can't be meticulous in his coaching?
Also, Kieran Foran comes across as a pretty intelligent guy to me. He stayed at Manly for less money than he could have got at the Dogs (being coached By Hasler) because he thought it would be better for his career. That's a pretty strong endorsement for Tooves ability IMO.
In no way am I downplaying Hasler's ability. I rate him ahead of Bennett and Bellamy as the best coach there is. But I just think Tooves isn't doing as badly as you say.

Firstly, after we win again in 2012 everyone bagging Tooves now will be rolling out the red carpet for him. In fact IF we beat the Dogs for the 2nd time this season next week everyone will again rate him.

As for the game...

Pretty simple really - got into the rut of creating 1/2 opportunities & moving laterally & out of the pattern of playing direct. Poor patience & not earning the right to get outside the opposition who scrambled well.
This is not Tooves fault & I will be highly suprised if we dont see much more direct running & desire next week - playing field position , then battering them in defence. The biggest danger against the pups imo is the tip ons where any lazy defenders on the fringes will be caught out with Barba trailing around the ruck.
Forget last Knight - they played their GF & we had eyes on this Friday night game - not an excuse but a fact.

mr seagles said:
SeaEagle007 said:

i agree something is not right maybe it is TOOVEY to soft or dowe really miss HASLER.........
Too soft... he is the last person I would be saying that about a footballer! There were some soft tries last night, it was a bad game. Lets move onto next week and making the top 4. Manly are good enough to make the top for, lets hope they show us they can do it, and prove all you Toovey doubters wrong! It's his first bloody year as coach... how many coaches win the premiership their first year with have the squad missing for sometime throughout the year. haven't had a full squad on the park since rd 1, and all the distractions with negotiations. Im sure Toovey was more frustrated than anyone last year. So many haters on this forum, pull your heads in!

Yeah, I don't quite know why, or for what purpose, Ryan and a few others denigrate the achievements of Toovey. Newcastle were certainly up for that game and we weren't. Disruptions, sickness are reasonable excuses for a poor performance. T-Rex played like a baby and the other Williams needs a rocket under his arse. Perhaps both were sick. Jamie can't do it all and we really missed Glenn's go forward and generalship in the middle. We'll be there at the pointy end so I'm not slitting my wrists just yet. Didn't see you on the bus last night Ryan.

MK Eagle said:
Firstly, after we win again in 2012 everyone bagging Tooves now will be rolling out the red carpet for him. In fact IF we beat the Dogs for the 2nd time this season next week everyone will again rate him.

As for the game...

Pretty simple really - got into the rut of creating 1/2 opportunities & moving laterally & out of the pattern of playing direct. Poor patience & not earning the right to get outside the opposition who scrambled well.
This is not Tooves fault & I will be highly suprised if we dont see much more direct running & desire next week - playing field position , then battering them in defence. The biggest danger against the pups imo is the tip ons where any lazy defenders on the fringes will be caught out with Barba trailing around the ruck.
Forget last Knight - they played their GF & we had eyes on this Friday night game - not an excuse but a fact.

Exactly!

DSM5 said:
Yeah, I don't quite know why, or for what purpose, Ryan and a few others denigrate the achievements of Toovey. Newcastle were certainly up for that game and we weren't. Disruptions, sickness are reasonable excuses for a poor performance. T-Rex played like a baby and the other Williams needs a rocket under his arse. Perhaps both were sick. Jamie can't do it all and we really missed Glenn's go forward and generalship in the middle. We'll be there at the pointy end so I'm not slitting my wrists just yet. Didn't see you on the bus last night Ryan.

Well said!

[[[>>>>>>>>We have not once been full strength this season<<<<<<<]]]

Boardroom issues although off-field would not help on field performance and prepaeation

Hasler Saga

Congract negotiations..its Round 19 and we're still hearing about it.

Toovey has had to put up with more disruptions than any rookie coach ive ever seen. Even the top coaches like bellamy Hasler and bennet probably havn't copped what Toovey has this year.

Toovey is doing an amazing job. defensive lapses, poor execution in attack at times are the only downfalls thus far and again it comes down to the firsr sentence. Injuries are the main issue for these problems, certainly not the coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7