UFC / MMA Full Contact Martial Arts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
Ultimate Fighting Championship / Mixed Martial Arts discussion.

http://www.ufc.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufc

UFC has grown massively in popularity the last several years, spurring general MMA interest.
Personally I'm lovin' it.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290204675[/time]

In Australia, to find a venue to watch Pay Per View events like big Boxing Bouts and UFC:

Go to: http://www.foxsports.com.au/venues/ppv-venue-finder

And browse the right hand side list for the upcoming event, then search google-map style.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290213247[/time]

It was great to see Cain smash Lesnar the other week in the last UFC. Also enjoyed a few of the prelim fights.

Right now, however, UFC123 weigh-in is happening, really looking forward to this UFC.

It starts around 2pm Sydney time I think.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_123

I'm not gonna miss George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon – George is really gonna have his work cut out for him with Joe.
I like Joe too, he gos so hard, really gets into his BJJ and is great to watch.
But always gotta go for the Aussie, it's so good to see George holding his own and really going well in UFC.

Another Matt Hughes v BJ Penn bout will be great too, The Prodigy has earned his name among the MMA legends and I hope both he & Matt put in good performances.

Then of course Rampage v Machida – it'll be great to see both of them in action again actually, Machida has such good evasion and fast return fire I think unless Rampage manages to land some damaging blows (and he has some REALLY damaging potential) then he'll tire and Machida will wear him down.

Here's hoping for some good, honest brutal action!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290214838[/time]

Omg I am hating that auto merge crap.

I fail to understand the intellect (or otherwise) of those who would delight in watching two humans bash each other to a bloody pulp.  Must be some Neanderthal throwback. 

UFC123 was a great card.

So good to see George weather Joe's storm through round 1 and then apply his own pressure and take the bout! Go Aussie! I actually thought Joe would dominate him more and win this, more credit to George and good on him!

And BJ Penn - he was so amped, such a quick, decisive victory! Great to see BJ amped, but kinda a shame in a way as it was over so fast and we didn't see them both work some combos, different octagon manouvering and skills etc.

Then in the main event I think Machida actually won it overall, but it was close. Man Rampage sure took some punishment and to his credit shook it off and recovered ok as well as showed great sportsmanship at the end. Would love to see a rematch sometime.

Sweeeeet.

Matabele link said:
I fail to understand the intellect (or otherwise) of those who would delight in watching two humans bash each other to a bloody pulp.  Must be some Neanderthal throwback. 

There is a lot of skill and knowledge in knowing how to counter and counter the counter etc. Having done some basic amature wrestling at times i can appreciate these skills but if you havnt had an insight it does look pretty barbaric.

Most of these guys put in more effort than league players, cricketers etc to get where they are.

Fluffy link said:
Most of these guys put in more effort than league players, cricketers etc to get where they are.
  Most likely because they have little in the way of other options but to be fodder for the barbaric instincts of others.  It's a subtle form of male prostitution I guess. 

Matabele link said:

Geez Mata you would have to be one of the most bigoted people I've  ever come across. Attacking people's intelligence just because they have different interests to you is pathetic. If you don't like UFC, fine you don't have to but why do you feel the need for personal attacks?

ssar, I enjoy UFC/MMA as well, particularly the Royce Gracie era.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185990.msg307022#msg307022 date=1290428512]

There is a lot of skill and knowledge in knowing how to counter and counter the counter etc. Having done some basic amature wrestling at times i can appreciate these skills but if you havnt had an insight it does look pretty barbaric.

[/quote]

The fitness level of these guy's is insane, seen a doco where they actually reverse lactic acid build up in their bodies 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=185990.msg307041#msg307041 date=1290458417]

Most likely because they have little in the way of other options but to be fodder for the barbaric instincts of others.  It's a subtle form of male prostitution I guess.  
[/quote]

Pretty much like most sportsmen wouldnt you say?

Most sports arent played with the aim of hurting the opposition.

Some it can be a byproduct, but not the main goal.

I'm with Matas on this one, although i dont share his lower intellect opinion, Ali was a briliant man, till he took one shot too many to the melon.

Fro link said:
Most sports arent played with the aim of hurting the opposition.

Some it can be a byproduct, but not the main goal.

I'm with Matas on this one, although i dont share his lower intellect opinion, Ali was a briliant man, till he took one shot too many to the melon.

I don't know that Mata was questioning the intellect of the sportsman, rather the viewer. :p

It can lead to the death of an opponent and few if any sports countenance deliberate harm to an opponent. 

I said it better.  Fro if we continue this love-in much longer these yokels will come to think of us as the WHAM of Silvertails.  I'm George of course. 

i'm the other one who didnt like public toilets :)

yes i agree' we will have to go back to disagreement shortly.

P.S. Andrew Ridgely is the name nobody could remember.

why dont you just combine ya names lol fromatabele ;D lol..
hate when the icon doesnt work ..lol

of the Millenium even.

Google it Jjai, you had better cut and paste so you dont spell it wrong...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4