1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uate to manly

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Screaming Eagles, Sep 17, 2016.

1. The Screaming Eagles

The Screaming Eagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 12
    being reported. Knights paying a large chunk of contract so got him cheap. I guess to fill the right wing position. If he gets back to previous form better option than Wiliame

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nightster

nightster grumpy old bastard

grew up Manly now Byron
    Ratings:
    +1,417 / 43
    source? ... as you were ... got it on multiple media outlets

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    If it means Wright and Wiliame go back to being the depth (and GOOD) depth at that, I'm all for it.

We need more pace.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. nightster

nightster grumpy old bastard

grew up Manly now Byron
    Ratings:
    +1,417 / 43
    oh wait .. its the mole saying its virtually a done deal !

5. TimmyQ

TimmyQ Active Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 10
    A cheap Uate is a very handy acquisition imo. Before the knockers arrive a change of scenery might be just what he needs and if he regains even 80% of his old form he could easily become a fan favourite at Brookie. Love wingers that hit the line at a million miles an hour.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Mitch

Mitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 31
    I'm with you. At the right price, which this looks to be, an ex rep player relegated to NSW Cup this year in a bid to shed him, could be a more than handy acquisition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TOCC

TOCC Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    He will be worse. Watched him playing cup, overweight, slow, can't tackle and can't catch the high balls. Wait until he plays here and the opposition have a field day on his wing, then everyone will be saying..Why did we sign him. What a joke, what the hell is wrong with this club. Bozo has lost the plot and wasting $$$$. Newcastle are celebrating and thanking their lucky stars thank god we finally got rid of him

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    I think he do okay. My only concern 2 wingers in uate and tafua catching bombs.
    He be good next to walker or Matai

9. Dankseagles

Dankseagles Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 9
    Would be happy to give Uate a chance. With his experience is a good short term filler for a couple of years on the wing. Would prefer Maranta as he is only 24 and a solid finisher but apparently going to Rugby.

Does anyone rate Oldfield? Guy is solid, fast, good finisher and doesn't make mistakes. Would much prefer him on the wing over Wright and Williame. Williams is a solid centre but def not a winger imo.

10. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    As long as the right price is 150K max then OK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TimmyQ

TimmyQ Active Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 10
    Ok so he's unfit and defensively clueless - we have coaching staff here that can sort that out quick smart.
    *cough

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. winnyason

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Oldfield average imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dankseagles

Dankseagles Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 9
    Will be a major cheapie. I'd be happy for him to come back to Manly. Can finish and can catch!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Defensively clueless on the wing makes Uate no different to 95% of the wingers in the NRL. What he does come with is a bucket load of experience and some genuine pace and lord knows we need someone other than Tommy with pace.

Oldfield is fast but is a very lazy defender. That's why he couldn't secure a first grade spot under Des and even Tooves saw the same thing.

15. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +203 / 6
    Oldie but a classic
    Would be good to get him back

16. winnyason

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    prefer to look at more game time for Brad Parker

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Uate and Taufua on the wings ??? It'll be like the blitz again with bombs raining down on our edges all game, every game. I'm a bit meh on Uate, hoepfully he will surprise. Mildly better signing than Jonathan Wright though.

18. winnyason

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    True that bombs galore

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. winnyason

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Anyone know where whare rumour up to