Uate to Manly.........????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Unwanted winger Akuila Uate could be set to leave the Knights for arch rivals Manly.

Fairfax Media understands that Uate has knocked back an offer from English Super League club Warrington, and Manly now loom as a possible option.

There is a suggestion we have withdrawn an offer made to Mead. There might be some meat in the sandwich here. Uate has plenty of speed and strength but there must be something going on with his confidence.

I know there in minimal on the market in the way of outside backs, but as mentioned in other threads if he struggles to get a spot with Newcastle when he isn't injured, we don't want him.

hell no! Even at 28 (almost 29) i don't think there are 2-3 quality years of FG standard in him. His wrecking ball days are over.. couple of injuries and his body hasn't been the same (not surprisingly given the way he played!)

NRL / NSWRL should chip in and entice him to be the 'marquee / face of' the fiji nsw cup bid team (not sure if they are confirmed as in next year or still bidding, but surely they won't be far off inclusion).

There is a suggestion we have withdrawn an offer made to Mead. There might be some meat in the sandwich here. Uate has plenty of speed and strength but there must be something going on with his confidence.

that would be just ridiculous .... but scarily typical of some of the player signings & non-re-signings of the past 18 months

image.jpeg
Uate, Tafua, Williame..........all in one team,wow.

If that happens we are officially a joke. Imagine all the high balls being dropped on BOTH wings!
Agree. Reminds me of Brophy the chauffeur in High Anxiety.
"I got it, I got it...I ain't got it"

Depends how much of his contract Newcastle pay.

Also, everyone knows Jorge is off contract right? Not sure why people keep talking like him on the wing next year is a certainty.

Its really difficult to read our backline until such time there is some progress on stevie and brett. But one thing for sure manlys back 3 have struggled to get us out of our 20m zone after kicks for a few years. George has been solid in this area but the lack or ugency by him and at times snake and the lack of impact from snake and the other wingers over that time has smashed us.

It usually took a 4 th tackle miracle hit up by choc and stevie to get us in any position for a kick. They were lucky to have enough strike to out score teams

Those days are over to an extent and we need to get back to basics. And having 2 wingers that can get 10m from early hit ups would be good. Wright is not too bad in this area and tom has a dig. But where is wrights future and what will our backline look like.

Its really difficult, will snake be fullback and tom winger. If we are looking for another winger that sounds unlikely

I dont watch any games other than manly so uates form is not something i can gauge. He fts the hit up power game but his hands were suspect. Maybe if he and george put a grand on who drops less in a season we might get some improvement out of both

On thing for sure we need some power and strike and we can only buy who is available. Depends on his contract i say.

I'm no fan of Uate don't get me wrong, has zero football sense. But the only reason he isn't in first grade is he on a half a million dollar contract next year & the Knights are trying to force him out.

If we got him for minimal $$$$ he wouldn't be the worst option. Still a great dummy half runner and decent finisher. And it's not like we expect our wingers to be able to catch bombs or be in position anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6