• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chad Randall won't know what to do with himself.

It worries me that all our lower grades are hemoraging, and I'm watching the junior kiwis vs. the junior kangaroos, and from two squads and around 40-45 players in a 16 team competition, we have 0 representation.

You have to question our recruitment. With first grade also failing, what is happening at our club?

I also think our squad of coaches are beyond their means as well.

One plus is that Cronulla were potentially in 4th position on the SG Ball table so its a good win. I think Manly also has a game or two in hand.

Ryan,
Chad doesn't coach u20s anymore. Since Darren Maroon took over 3 weeks ago the team's performance has improved and today they beat the top 4 placed Sharks. Good on 'em.

The Harold Matts came 4th (albeit losing their semis). SG Ball had a poor year and it appears there was upheaval relating to Hoppa.

Chad is now coaching NSW Cup with Willo and their form is picking up too despite a lot of players moving to 1st grade to cover injury. They are 3 wins 5 losses and a bye.

Could be better but not exactly hemoraging (sic) as you describe. I encourage you to assess the performance when the sample size has grown a bit.

Last edited:
Great stuff fellas, have faith Ryan

I don't watch the lower grades like I used to. I used to sit on the fence at halfway on my own - pie and a few coldies. Could name every player from NYC up, and tell you about them as a player.

Just doesn't have that allure anymore. I kind of feel we have lost our identity, and are creating a new one.

Did you know, as a club (in an era when we have SG Ball, NYC, NSW Cup and First Grade, at this point in time (round 10) this is the worst ever position (wins and losses) our club has been in?

Worriesome, considering we don't have that soul about the place anymore. Even when we struggled, I loved it, because we were always "Manly".

I don't even know what this club anymore. Jeez, I used to have a relationship with the CEO's. Kelly and co. are despicable.

Ryan,
Chad doesn't coach u20s anymore. Since Darren Maroon took over 3 weeks ago the team's performance has improved and today they beat the top 4 placed Sharks. Good on 'em.

The Harold Matts came 4th (albeit losing their semis). SG Ball had a poor year and it appears there was upheaval relating to Hoppa.

Chad is now coaching NSW Cup with Willo and their form is picking up too despite a lot of players moving to 1st grade to cover injury. They are 4 wins 4 losses and a bye.

Could be better but not exactly hemoraging (sic) as you describe. I encourage you to assess the performance when the sample size has grown a bit.
Darren maroon only did one game bradza. Chad is the coach of the 20s and co coach of nsw cup. Went to the game .possibly the worst game of league I have ever seen, both teams very poor indeed.

Ryan,

Chad is now coaching NSW Cup with Willo and their form is picking up too despite a lot of players moving to 1st grade to cover injury. They are 4 wins 4 losses and a bye.

I don't include Harold Mats mate. Just too young. Happy to give it more time, just feel the wheels have fallen off our culture.

Glad they did well though.

Actually @Wheel I reckon a good get together with the old crew for a game like the old times would re-enthuse me mate.

Canteen Worker, Manlybacker, Dans old man, Matabele, (Too hard for Dan), Clontaago, you and all the others.

Would be sweet as.

Of course the culture has changed.

the junior teams used to be made up of local juniors. Now they are made up of recruited (and paid) players from around the Country.

How much do you want to spend to have an S. G. Ball team win a couple of games?

Of course the culture has changed.

the junior teams used to be made up of local juniors. Now they are made up of recruited (and paid) players from around the Country.

How much do you want to spend to have an S. G. Ball team win a couple of games?

The same same as all the other teams @Woodsie. One solitary win would have been nice though.

You're right though. I have been finding it increasing....frustrating (lets say that) to embrace the bought, not bred culture that has engulfed this game.

I know it's not only not going to change, but get worse, so I will have to get over it.

That said, if I'm not allowed to have an affinity with individual players and connect with them, I'll be particularly ruthless in opinions on them.

If the form is atrocious, we have to call a spade, a spade.

As a fanbase, we cannot accept and excuse mediocrity, or the club will follow suit (as the club appears to be in the cycle of now).

The same same as all the other teams @Woodsie. One solitary win would have been nice though.

You're right though. I have been finding it increasing....frustrating (lets say that) to embrace the bought, not bred culture that has engulfed this game.

I know it's not only not going to change, but get worse, so I will have to get over it.

That said, if I'm not allowed to have an affinity with individual players and connect with them, I'll be particularly ruthless in opinions on them.

If the form is atrocious, we have to call a spade, a spade.

As a fanbase, we cannot accept and excuse mediocrity, or the club will follow suit (as the club appears to be in the cycle of now).

My point. These teams are bought.

How much are you willing to pay to have junior success?

My point. These teams are bought.

How much are you willing to pay to have junior success?

And my response is, same as every other team that doesn't lose every single game.

Hell, you yourself said they all get paid. If that's the case, and they lost every game, jobs will be spilled.

They represent our brand. There needs to be some form of pride in performance and the jersey.

I don't care what age you are.

And my response is, same as every other team that doesn't lose every single game.

Hell, you yourself said they all get paid. If that's the case, and they lost every game, jobs will be spilled.

They represent our brand. There needs to be some form of pride in performance and the jersey.

I don't care what age you are.

Your being slow again Ryan.

I am not arguing with you about our results. I am saying that results are a matter of investment. Like us buying JHW from Norths Rugby. We had a great 20's team. How has that worked out for us.

So, my question is valid, how much are you prepared to pay for junior success.

Me, I wouldn't spend 1 cent, until such time I could be guaranteed that talent developed would play for Manly.

Your being slow again Ryan.

I am not arguing with you about our results. I am saying that results are a matter of investment. Like us buying JHW from Norths Rugby. We had a great 20's team. How has that worked out for us.

So, my question is valid, how much are you prepared to pay for junior success.

Me, I wouldn't spend 1 cent, until such time I could be guaranteed that talent developed would play for Manly.
That 20,s team provided hoppa, Foran, dce, Jamie b for the 2011 win....

I stand corrected on Maroon hgbcds - thanks.

Ryan, you've mentioned a couple of times above that SG Ball had no wins. They had 1 win, 1 draw, a bye and 6 losses. Again, not great but let's be factual.

You also mentioned this is our worst start as a club after 9 rounds since NYC began (about 2007?). Given some of our lean reserve grade and u20 seasons I find that hard to believe but you've obviously done some thorough research on it. Could you post the results of your research so we can see what you've noticed and make an informed comparison.

As for our culture, I agree it has taken a hit but am very confident that Manly has one of the strongest culture bases of any club and this has been proven over decades. The next successful period is just around the corner.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6