U/20's team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is more enjoyable to watch at the moment play?

• 1st Grade

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • U/20's

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • NSW Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just wanted to say for all the doom and gloom around this place at the moment and the form of our 1st grade team I want to send out a big cheers to our U/20's team who are underfeated and leading the comp- maybe we will have a team go deep into the finals this year!!

To David Heath who has got this team bleeding for our Jersey and a team playing for each other maybe you can try and inject some of that into our 1st grade squad at the moment!!

Keep it going boys this weekend against the raiders on Sunday you are doing this club proud!!

And people around here were writting of David last year.
Its great to have something good.

Wonder if someone in the know (maybe @Darren) could shed some light on thw individuals to look out for.

I know im a bad fan as everyone keeps telling me, but the first grade bunch have completely dissolutioned me....eeven to rugby league as a whole.

Great to see the turn around in the U/20's. Well done to all involved in getting them where they are

Wonder if someone in the know (maybe @Darren) could shed some light on thw individuals to look out for.

I know im a bad fan as everyone keeps telling me, but the first grade bunch have completely dissolutioned me....eeven to rugby league as a whole.

You could always pop down, watch the 20's and leave

Players to watch are:
Liam Knight
Riley Travers
Tom Trbojevic
Addison Demetriou

I regulary watch the Holden cup and they are a breath of fresh air. Seeing these fellas out there giving it all and showing the Manly spirit is wonderful. We have about 6 outstanding players in the team, look out for these guys to hit first grade within 2 years.

1. TOM TRBOJEVIC
This kid is a sensation about the best prospect I have seen since Brett Stewart, devastating try scorer and maker of tries, reads the game so well, he is 3 plays ahead of most of the players, glides across the park with minimum effort, I will call it now will be a Kangaroo within 5 years!

3. LUKE GARNER
A really good player and replacement for Killer or Skivvy in 2 years, good finisher and solid defender.

6. WILL PEARSALL
A clever ball player and solid all round game, his combination with Riley Travers is a budding one but in time will be lethal

7. RILEY TRAVERS
This boy is injured at the moment but he started the season on fire, the captain and natural leader and has a great all round game. One to watch for the future.

8. ADDISON DEMETRIOU
A pocket rocket, build close to the ground, runs hard and straight and is destructive, reminds me of a Sherman tank, a real crowd pleaser!

9. HUGH PRATT
A reliable hooker, gives great service out of dummy half and really compliments our halves.

I have highlighted just a few of the guys, We have solid wingers and a really good and mobile pack. When you think of all the doom and gloom that have ravaged the first grade this is the future and what we have to look forward to,

Now I implore the Penns and Kelly, please sign the 6 lads I have highlighted and as many of the other guys in the team to long term contracts and build a team that will in 2 or 3 years be once again the most feared team in the comp. Lets learn the lessons of 2009 and make sure we dont lose a generation to coin from predators, with the departure of our halves we now have the chance to get this done.

Go to it Kelly!!!

I regulary watch the Holden cup and they are a breath of fresh air. Seeing these fellas out there giving it all and showing the Manly spirit is wonderful. We have about 6 outstanding players in the team, look out for these guys to hit first grade within 2 years.

1. TOM TRBOJEVIC
This kid is a sensation about the best prospect I have seen since Brett Stewart, devastating try scorer and maker of tries, reads the game so well, he is 3 plays ahead of most of the players, glides across the park with minimum effort, I will call it now will be a Kangaroo within 5 years!

3. LUKE GARNER
A really good player and replacement for Killer or Skivvy in 2 years, good finisher and solid defender.

6. WILL PEARSALL
A clever ball player and solid all round game, his combination with Riley Travers is a budding one but in time will be lethal

7. RILEY TRAVERS
This boy is injured at the moment but he started the season on fire, the captain and natural leader and has a great all round game. One to watch for the future.

8. ADDISON DEMETRIOU
A pocket rocket, build close to the ground, runs hard and straight and is destructive, reminds me of a Sherman tank, a real crowd pleaser!

9. HUGH PRATT
A reliable hooker, gives great service out of dummy half and really compliments our halves.

I have highlighted just a few of the guys, We have solid wingers and a really good and mobile pack. When you think of all the doom and gloom that have ravaged the first grade this is the future and what we have to look forward to,

Now I implore the Penns and Kelly, please sign the 6 lads I have highlighted and as many of the other guys in the team to long term contracts and build a team that will in 2 or 3 years be once again the most feared team in the comp. Lets learn the lessons of 2009 and make sure we dont lose a generation to coin from predators, with the departure of our halves we now have the chance to get this done.

Go to it Kelly!!!
Great stuff. Thanks for that .... I wasn't even aware of most of these guys.

Standouts are Trbojevic, Demitriou & the half Travers.
If you get 3 into the NRL its a success.
If you get 5 + its a massive effort.
Great work from the men in charge, but lets thank the youngsters who are supposed to cop an adverse effect from the seniors, but are obviously tough enough to ignore the negatives & produce where it counts most - on the field - well done boys!!

So what I an hearing is we have some talent coming through and maybe we do nit need to panic into too many desperation signings?

I love watching the NYC, even in the past when they were getting flogged by 75 points.
You always get to see some young Player with potential that may go through to FG.
Still recall Gibbsy, 2v, Blakey, Beaver etc coming up through the grades - its wonderful to watch their development.

I wish we had the NSW Cup at home games too. Those boys deserve to feel part of Manly and be cheered by a decent crowd at these early games.

:clap:

So what I an hearing is we have some talent coming through and maybe we do nit need to panic into too many desperation signings?
Exactly that mate - Tom Burgess will be a solid signing but some of the other names linked are pretty average.
Prefer 3-4 top shelf signings to build around with the quality locals coming through, then 7-8 blokes to fill a space in an average way - half in NSW cup.
Tom, Sam , Elgey & Maloney would be perfect if possible imo from whats out there....add the Trbojovics into that frame plus the players already here & its not all bad for 2016.
Also, the backrower Demitriou will be close to top grade by 2016/17 also.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Agreed that the standouts have been Tom T, Demetriou and Travers. I also think Jesse Ramien has been in and around rep teams during his junior footy and is dangerous in attack, could also be a player of the future. Garner is a very solid centre who must be held in high esteem as he has been named for NSW cup a few times this year.

Have been loving watching the under 20s. They have been on fire.

Went to the dogs game with a doggies supporter and told him to watch the number 1 (Tom T). Literally 5 seconds later he made a linebreak and run 50 metres to score. Thanks Tom, made me look like a talent scout.

Agreed that the standouts have been Tom T, Demetriou and Travers. I also think Jesse Ramien has been in and around rep teams during his junior footy and is dangerous in attack, could also be a player of the future. Garner is a very solid centre who must be held in high esteem as he has been named for NSW cup a few times this year.
I mentioned it a few weeks ago, Ramien is certainly one to watch over the next 2 years - totally agree Pepi.

Definitely some talent there mate. With Bozo harnessing those talents, the future is very bright.

I can't remember our lower grades kicking on so well than at present.

Happy Days.

The results are starting to shine through a lot of these kids came into the u20's at a younger age all together so have been together as they got to there 20's so took a couple years of playing against older kids and now we are seeing the results and most will not be in under 20's next year so hoping they can go all the way and then make the progression to first grade . So its time to identify the really good ones and spend our money there . Time to build the future

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4