1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U 20s squad 2016

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Leho, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Leho

Leho Active Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 2
    Hi all been a while seeing if anyone knows the make up of the 20s this year cheers

2. Bearfax

Bearfax Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,660 / 75

I assume it will be lots of Hopoates and others.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    Half of last seasons GF team are ineligible & on the official Manly site, still does not even show the NRL squad so good luck....
    Young gun half Kade Cust should be close to a gig, though still young & the 2 union recruits should be good value, especially Tom Wright.

4. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    By the way heard from a friend that wright and walker are in nsw cup also the roar are saying wright will be in nsw cup also

5. Hgbcds

Hgbcds Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 44
    Your friend is wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    How so he hasn't signed to play under 20s obviously he would have been better off staying in Union if he was going to be playing under 20s, he has come to play nrl but obviously won't be playing nrl he has to earn a nrl spot

7. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,347 / 51
    Personally, I think he will be playing U20 in yr1 (having never played league before), then if that goes well NSW Cup yr2. He'll be assessed as to whether he can step up to NRL in yr3 (best case scenario).

8. Hgbcds

Hgbcds Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 44
    That's exactly what's going to happen. Wright still not even training yet and nicho hynes will play nsw cup this year also john Walker will play 20s

9. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,412 / 257
    Wright will be 2017 test captain and next immortal

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Bearfax

Ratings:
    +2,660 / 75

I agree that Wright will be in U20s 2016. But I suspect with Lyon likely to finish up at the end of '16, that Manly is hoping this kid will be close to ready to take Walkers 5/8 position in '17 so Walker can move to Lyon's position. Could be wrong but I get a feeling that;'s the aim.

11. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    Wright will/should start in younger grade for a start, especially after a late start due to injury.
    He will be shifted up to NSW Cup after proving he has adjusted to Rugby League, his natural talent will make that call.
    There's no shame in working up from the younger grade & in fact, this is the smart way to introduce him & gain confidence...all this straight into NRL crap will see his career crushed & add pressure where its not needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. smithy

smithy Active Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 8
    Agreed. Wright will start in 20s. I'm sure it will be a wait and see approach. If he develops quickly then no doubt he will be moved into NSW Cup to be tested in open age.

The NYC team itself should be pretty decent. Short a couple up front by the looks of it. Darcy Cox and John Walker will be a very good back row. Ramien will be back and we will see if they promote Bonnie Hopoate to start the season and skip Ball like Ramien did.

Obviously the halves will feature Wright and quite possibly Cust if he skips ball. I've heard Hynes may in fact start in 20s. This could see him alongside Wright or from what I was told at fullback until Polselli has finished his Ball commitments.

There will be a few more promotions I. The forwards when the ball season ends with Tarrant and Brydon Ramien possibilities to figure.

Not the strength of last year although still a very decent team which will get stronger after the ball season.

Most importantly we are developing a number of outstanding juniors right across the park which will bode well in the future.

13. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Anyone know what happened to that athletics sprint star we signed from qld a couple of years ago?

14. Leho

Leho Active Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 2
    Apparently followed on with his athletics

15. maxta

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,353 / 56
    If its the youngster from up in Toowoomba Stevo - dedicated to sprinting & if he comes back, its the Bronco's who now have him in sight...some good young talent in the Toowoomba comp in general.

16. Hgbcds

Hgbcds Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 44
    They have a couple of solid props in local ellia faatui and a kid from the Warriors amoni tafui , I'd imagine bill Bainbridge and walker will make up the second row with Darcy cox at lock,jesse ramien and brad parker in the centres Lucas price fullback and expect a couple of the ball kids you mentioned to appear later on in the year

17. smithy

smithy Active Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 8
    Forgot about Bainbridge, Elia had been playing 13 for ball as he has good minutes in him but lacks the punch of the good front rowers. Assume with cox at 13 Elia will be in the prop rotation although not as strong as we have had previously.

18. Bearfax

Ratings:
    +2,660 / 75

Didnt he get a contract with a US college to continue his sprinting. I think he originally came from McKay.

19. Dicko

Dicko Known Member

NSW, Australia
    Ratings:
    +32 / 7
    I'm no expert but this is my educated guess as to the make up of the NYC team for 2016:

1. L.Polselli
    2. J.Bogle
    3. B.Parker
    4. J.Ramien
    5. M.Thomas/Jr.Hopoate
    6. T.Wright
    7. N.Hynes
    8. J.Tarrant
    9. H.Garray
    10. M.Casson
    11. M.Noovao-McGreal
    12. B.Bainbridge
    13. D.Cox (C)

Bench:
    14. C.Cust
    15. F.Sione
    16. J.Walker
    17. H.Collins/J.Sims

There's no way Tom Wright & John Walker will start in NSW Cup given their lack of experience, they could possibly force their way in, but initially they'll be in the NYC.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  20. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47