1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning Point

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by clontaago, May 6, 2007.

1. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    The Jamie Lyon flick back to Robbo when the ball was all but dead, what a great passage of play. :clap:

2. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    absolutly freakish bit of play

3. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    that was pretty special from a special player ( Lyon ) I thought he had a great game today.

Jeez his defence is incredible i may ad.

4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Yep, jamie started to show signs the he still has it today.

However I can't believe how long its taken des to swap Lyon and Bell sides and look what happens. Lyon start to break tackles and set up trys and despite a few cut backs in field Bell scores and makes some decent ground???

Amazing!!!

5. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Best game from Lyon. After the freakish chip and catch try by Monas to win a game, this game came down to brilliance by Lyon in so many departments. MOTM easily and finally slotting in.
    Wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh

6. danno

danno Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The turning point for me was Ballin coming on.

Lyon MOM, then Hall, then Withers.

7. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yep, top game from Lyon today.

Flip, I don't think he and bell swapped sides.. i never saw this?? I think it's just that Lyon was playing 6 until Halden got injured and he looked REAL good there actually.. he is good at getting outside a player and drawing another in then flicking the pass off... the first time he did it was in about the 6th minute from a scrum.. go have a watch.. it looked real good.

I'm pretty sure once Halden got injured he went back to where he has played all year... left centre inside Robbo.

Lastly, Can I give a pair of wingers a wrap????

Hicks and Robbo were awesome today!!

8. Downie

Downie Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Agreed.

I know this may sound absolutely rediculous, but Robbo for State of Origin? :p

He shows the toughness and speed for it, and he's great under the high ball. Who knows, NSW are in want of another winger. It worked with Mogg for Queensland last year ;)

9. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Glen Hall is another who deserves a wrap for a great game today. He made the most of the opportunity that Willo's injury gave him. He looks to have the fitness to play more than just the usual cameos from the bench. Solid in defence, and averaged more than 10 metres each hit up.

I'm impressed with the bloke. He looks to be giving 100% every game.

10. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Downie, they could do alot worse.

He is the type of bloke though that doesn't get wraps or anything and I'm fine with that... as long as the Manly faithful appreciate what he does.

11. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    to view the whole clip
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MWRLFC

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Just watched the replay, awesome stuff.

13. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I disagree with Lyon at 5/8. His defense and ball work with his outside men is terrific at inside centre. The way he threw that raiders winger out was great. He is developing a great compo with Robertson. Would be lost if he is stuck up the middle.

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    In contrast to that DSM5, the combination he adds playing next to Bell could very easily turn into our best and most potent weapon in attack. All Lyons best footy in his career has been on the right hand side of the park. Is a good tough situation we have at the mo, so many options.

Matai and Robertson were a very good combo at the end of last season too

I agree with

15. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I agree that Matai and Robbo were 'good', though only at the back end of the season. The rest of the time Matai held on to the ball like it was his own. I'm afraid when Matai comes back he'll revert to his defensive lapses. Our backline defense without Matai is very solid at the moment. Hopefully he'll come back through the PL and work on his defesive lapses.