Turn Stevie out to spell.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was at the game on Friday night. Behind goal posts on the fence and got to see first hand our great team.
I'm one of those people who like to watch off the ball stuff, team interaction and reactions.
One thing I noticed is Stevie Matai, man he has the passion no doubt about it, but he is busted up. The last try the broncs scored in front of us he simply could not run (very bad limp) prior to that he was being strapped every 5 mins. Which brings me to my point, with the situation we are in and the new contract he signed, would it be best to give him some long service leave and get himself right for next year and finish his contract strong. I really think he has a lot to offer and given the time to heal and strengthen for next year we might see the Stevie of old. And he really looks to me like he loves this team. Just my perspective.

What I have noticed is that he looks relatively light this year. He looks half as strong as he has in the past.
Not sure whats going on but I agree with you that he needs a spell to get his strength back up.
Not half the impact player he has been.
I'm starting to wonder if some of these former Manly greats are signing contracts out of sufferance and have gone well past their best and grabbing last paychecks.
Sorry, but it looks that way.

NYEagle

Stevie is out with a busted ankle.
So that may explain his inability to step @:cool:

I still think that Hiku's best position is LHS centre. Maybe he could be tried there next game :lightbulb:

Jorge should step up from touch footy and take on more hit ups too :cool:

I don't know if its broken, but the Sunday Footy Show Injury report had him out for a few weeks.

At least the last of the BYEs finishes for us along with the interstate games.
This year we have hardly been at Brookie :(

He gets hurt every match. It doesn't matter if he's been out for a week, suspended, or the team has had a bye. You can bet Matai will get injured, no matter how fresh he is.
He's been a great player for our club. I think a decision needs to be made about his future. He can retire gracefully, and then be employed in an off-field role as our defensive coach. That way it wouldn't affect our salary cap.

I think they are serious he finished the game with a bad ankle, that was obvious. He probably would have gone off but killer was already gone.

Both have 2 weeks to recover, hopefully at least one is good to go.

Agreed, Stevie needs 6 months off. In fact, some of the things he has wrong with him will be with him for 20 years or more. His mind wants to keep playing, but his body doesn't.

He has become quite embarrassing in my humble opinion.

He has plenty to offer in the upcoming seasons but we cant carry a player in our 17 man squad.

Manly management made a mistake in not releasing him to go home to play for the Kiwi team. This would have been a good 'out' for Manly, other players could not have complained, because Skivvy asked to be released. And the contract offered was a highly paid one. Management panicked, cause they had just lost King, Carob, Gifty - and there were rumours about Foz. Understandable, but now we have a passenger, who needs lengthy rehabilitation.

I think its a bit of continuous loop for us - guys get injured then more guys get injured so people come back at a level well below 100% then their performance is poor and they eventually re-injure themselves and it keeps going and going and going (Matai, Starling, Mateo, etc...)

I think its a bit of continuous loop for us - guys get injured then more guys get injured so people come back at a level well below 100% then their performance is poor and they eventually re-injure themselves and it keeps going and going and going (Matai, Starling, Mateo, etc...)
Yep, we could call it the Loobs Loop.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4