trying for an unemotional analysis.its hard!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan ridgepipe

Reserve Grader
no use arguing about who was right and wrong.i thought it was very obvious what happened tonight

players played with great sea eagle heart but ill discipline cost us dearly.

most forwards were very good especially kite and rose.perry must lift.

lyon was sensational at 5/8 with great kicking game.foran is a ballrunner.i think i have changed my mind and think killer is the 5/8 going forward with maybe hodkinson given a chance at half with foran at lock.suspension probably will decide this next week anyway.

9 linebreaks in a tightgame to our 2,virtually all down our right side.williams tried very hard but offseason training can add speed etc but will never create a football brain.i really dont know the answer here as dont know enough about whare.i actually feel sorry for williams because he really tried but just doesnt have a footballers  brain.

we now have severe problems re scoring points with what unfolded tonight.williams out for 2 months,bullet probably finished for most of season.tigers are weak in the middle and we capitalised but cant see us scoring enough going forward to bother top sides.des probaby needs to give hoppa a go.robbo is safe but severley limits pointscoring ability.

overall i was real proud of effort but these injuries, and bad draw have all but done for us im afraid.cant see us getting into 8 without stewy.

very sad night as effort was great.what a way to start the season.can cop loss but wolf,bullet and suspensions is heartbreaking.

im going to cry myself to sleep.

Didn't see the game - just heard it on the radio but your analysis looks sound. That knee from Stewart is rather important at this point.

Snake injured, Wolfman out for 10 weeks, Kite, Foran and Rose on report. Not looking good for Parra this weekend!!!

Our centres were crap.  Pure and simple and as predicted. 

They were responsible for leaking all the tries, and both were ponderous, flapped their arms ineffectually and were repeatedly exposed.

There was quite a bit to like elsewhere.  The forwards had plenty of mongrel and based them.  The halves look like they will click sooner rather than later.

And our 2008 defensive intensity was back - for 15 out of 17 players.  Matai and Williams should not be able to look their team mates in the eye tonight.

Lyon good, Rose good, Watmough good.

Foran lost, Perry S**t, Williams perplexing.

King tried hard under duress, Everyone else meh.

Hopefully Foran will be better for the run, he looked all at sea, nothing like the player he was last year, maybe the 7 doesnt suit him at all.

Williams did some good things but was caught out a few times, a far better player than last year, good enough for a first grade center? who knows.

1st half outstanding, 2nd half total garbage

Harsh Mata with not being able to look them in the eye. Farah and Marshall will make better centres look stupid this season.  Whilst I agree they let the tigers get the better of them a few times our forwards went too far with the aggression which gifted the tigers possession. This also did not help.

Great first half, jeez that 2nd was disasterous. I could take the loss badly, but the Stewart injury has killed me. So fcuken brave the attempted tackle, body on the line. Fcuken devo.

Matabele link said:

They were responsible for leaking all the tries, and both were ponderous, flapped their arms ineffectually and were repeatedly exposed.

There was quite a bit to like elsewhere.  The forwards had plenty of mongrel and based them.  The halves look like they will click sooner rather than later.

And our 2008 defensive intensity was back - for 15 out of 17 players.  Matai and Williams should not be able to look their team mates in the eye tonight.

LOL

All tries ?

How did they concede the scrum try ? Also the try Foran dropped off ? Or the one where King's slowness around the ruck was exploited on his outside ?

They were putting on some big shots for blokes playing with no intensity, if that is the case I can't wait for them to fire up, bet Gareth Ellis can't though !!

Our fringe defence and Kites two quick penalties killed us.

Short kicking game was brilliant and awful - needs more consistency.

Tigers fans at the ground went nuts in the last ten minutes after being pretty tired - at least someone enjoyed it.

I'm tired of Matai pulling off big shots and missing 3 for every one he connects.  They both had rush up out of the line disease and were found out.  

you are right in that the centres werent best on field but to say they were the worst 2 is just dumb and really not suprising coming from you.

From someone who actually got to watch all the play live we were killed by the refs firstly and no combination between farrah and williams hurt as well. marking up it looked like farrah thought he was a centre, which pushed everyone in, im guessing thats where his prep has been.

Perry was worst on field in a game we werent fupposed to win.

a -4 F\A is better than we should have hoped for

Well, the intensity in defence was certainly there. Apart from that though....not much else.

Foran isn't a number 7. At best he could play at 6 but I feel his best position is centre. The sooner Des brings Hodkinson into half-back the better.

After I manage to avoid tomorrows newspaper, the game will be in the past and I can look forward to attending the next game at Parramatta on Sunday.

I can't look forward to playing the Slimes at Parra. We have owned them but with injuries, suspensions and no Brett Stewart I think we are a snowball in hells chance of beating them.

Like all of us I'm shattered by last night's loss and I admit that things aren't looking great for the Parra game.
I'm way too one eyed to rate refs fairly but I thought the tigers were absolutely milking penalties - I reckon they were told to do this. Pussies.
There was also a fair bit of luck with a couple of the tigers late tries. Manly played great for 60, lost the plot in the last 20.
The team is going to take a bit of settling. Heart and effort aren't a problem. I reckon there's enough good signs there for the side to click when it's needed.
You can't really assess finals chances until about round 10. Even then things can change dramatically. Remember last year Parra were sitting on about 12th with 3 or 4 games to go. Many a game yet to be won by the Sea Eagles in 2010.

I predicted weeks ago that She-rex would stuff up in the centres,but that was like predicting the sun would rise in the east.Put him on the bench,ffs.I've got the world of respect for Des,but that decision with She-rex rates as bad as any he made in his early days.Come on Des,you are smarter than that.

larry tate II link said:
I predicted weeks ago that She-rex would stuff up in the centres,but that was like predicting the sun would rise in the east.Put him on the bench,ffs.I've got the world of respect for Des,but that decision with She-rex rates as bad as any he made in his early days.Come on Des,you are smarter than that.
  It took Des 2 months last year to wake up and axe him from the wing, so what confidence can we have the same won't happen again this time around?

There is a certain irony in the fact that those who scream the loudest for the young blood to come in are also the ones to stick the knife deepest into the young blokes that get a go and don't hit the mark

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182638.msg254572#msg254572 date=1268650502]

LOL

All tries ?

How did they concede the scrum try ? Also the try Foran dropped off ? Or the one where King's slowness around the ruck was exploited on his outside ?

They were putting on some big shots for blokes playing with no intensity, if that is the case I can't wait for them to fire up, bet Gareth Ellis can't though !!
[/quote]

So true Mata some of your diatribe was ridiculous. To say Matai and TREX lacked intensity is garbage. Trex put the most sickening hit of the match on period.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7