Try Scorers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Re-watched the 2008 Grand Final.
I love the slides our try scorers perform after crossing the stripe.

The Best: Steve Bell - scores, half roll and finishes on his back

The Worst: Brett Stewart - scores, lands on his chest, then nose-dives into the turf.
This seems to be a typical Snake finish.

Who are your best & worse sliders?

I was, about 15 minutes ago, but I'd get in trouble with the missus if I told stories :)

Don't know about slides....but one of the most exciting post try excitement moments for me was when B Stewart scored, and Travis Burns tore over to him and jumped on his back.

I also love it when Kingy scores. He doesn't smile much on the field, and to see the big unit with some other emotion than anger is always cool.

Also, after Beaver scored in the GF.......goose bumps.

The worst are also Stewart, because as you say, he dives pretty hard, and I have seen times when he has bloodies his nose and that - LOL

Freak of a try though was when Manly were playing Canberra, and the ball was over the dead ball line, and Lyon somehow scooped it back to Robbo???? I think it was????

I tell you what - Lyon is such class. Whenever he is on the field, regardless of those around him, I still believe we can win any game.

lismore_fan link said:

The Worst: Brett Stewart - scores, lands on his chest, then nose-dives into the turf.

Brett Stewart didnt score in the gf :p

Shane link said:
[quote author=lismore_fan link=topic=186350.msg313760#msg313760 date=1296390465]

Brett Stewart didnt score in the gf :p
[/quote]

The Brett Stewart try where he faceplants the turf & gets bloodied up is the Dragons final at Brooky from memory.

He's not a Manly player but Bryson Goodwin seems to have his try slide downpat. Josh Perry always had some style when he was going in as well.

lismore_fan link said:

Steve Bells try is very much the way Michael O'Connor used to put down the ball.
Rowdy Shearer had a good method of putting the ball down with one hand as he was so far in front of the opposition he did not have to dive.
The Steve Mavin or Trent Barrett lose the ball over the tryine dive is also great.

My least fav slider is Slater, when ever he is close to one of our guys scoring a try. I remember a particular incident where he slid feet first into Robbo.

God I really hate Slater.

Ryan link said:
Freak of a try though was when Manly were playing Canberra, and the ball was over the dead ball line, and Lyon somehow scooped it back to Robbo???? I think it was????

I tell you what - Lyon is such class. Whenever he is on the field, regardless of those around him, I still believe we can win any game.

I remember that try. Was the first year that Lyon played for us.

Inglis did it the year after & thats what all the w*nker commentators talk about.

Just been watching the 08 finals highlights to fill in some time

Funny how you can sit there and watch it and picture what it looked like from the seat you were in !

2 of my favourite tries from the year were the Stewart one that was our last v the Warriors in the prelim, and the Stewart try off the Orford backflick in the last minute up on the Gold Coast

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4