Truth Session

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Such sage like wisdom coming from these pages! Such great advice not even taken by themselves if you read their post game meltdown threads! @:D@:D@:D
if we cant vent in here,who is gonna listen,nobody in queeeensland gives a fat rats about us.

if we cant vent in here,who is gonna listen,nobody in queeeensland gives a fat rats about us.
I think his point was for some people to "grow a set" harden up and stop whinging and carrying on like a first class primadonna ;)

Did anyone else get a bit nostalgic when they heard of this truth session? Who remembers Beavers letter to supporters? We are back in the Northern Eagles day people!

I think his point was for some people to "grow a set" harden up and stop whinging and carrying on like a first class primadonna ;)

Did anyone else get a bit nostalgic when they heard of this truth session? Who remembers Beavers letter to supporters? We are back in the Northern Eagles day people!
At least in the Beagles days we had hope that once we reclaimed our Manly name, club and culture we'd rise again. And history speaks!
Except now we're still Manly but we have to claim back our true identity as Manly and the Manly spirit. But it will happen. I'm in for the long haul. No turning back for those of us that were Sea Eagled in our early years.
Side note - if I 'grew a set' I'd need to consult a doctor straight away.:p
@globaleagle gen X's are a particularly awesome group of people - apart from dressing really bad in the mid to late 80's. Take it away Bon Jovi - Whoa we're halfway there, Whoa, Livin' on a Prayer...

all well and good about the northern eagles but this is now and our team is pretty bad,sqeels could finish ahead of us at this rate of failure,BUT there is always the next game to win:)

I'm interested in how the narrative here will change if we string a few wins together. Monday's game is entirely winnable. I'd go so far as to say beating the Titans is a sure thing - we are due and they are beatable. Apart from the Cowboys at home I'd say we are more than capable of putting a run together before the end of the year. Interesting times ahead.

The Penrith loss has the potential to be the loss that wakes us up. I know we have been playing poorly all year and we have had a number of losses that you'd hope we would learn from.

Teams (and I've been in the same situation) can often rely on the thinking that things will change, we will catch a break, it will turn around soon enough. Each week you keep telling yourself this, and each week it doesn't change, but you tell yourself it will happen.

The problem is they lull themselves into thinking this change of fortune will just happen - it just takes time. The truth; however, is that they need to own and drive the change and this translates into going above and beyond in training, commitment, accountability etc - something needs to happen to wake them up and see it for themselves.

It won't happen unless they take extra-ordinary effort to make it happen. I am hoping that the Penrith loss has woken them up to this fact, and that it is one in all in, otherwise nothing will change.

Here's my truth session:

I am yet to get to Brookie this season (given I live on the beaches, that's pretty poor).

I think I've watched a combined total of 250 minutes of Manly's game time this season on TV.

I am (almost) more interested in the North Melbourne Kangas this season than Manly...

What has happened to me???

I wonder if anyone had the balls to pull up snake on how rubbish he's been playing.

That would be just before the door hits them on their own speedy exit from the team. He has the right backers on his side, so a very risky move by anyone

s
I'm interested in how the narrative here will change if we string a few wins together. Monday's game is entirely winnable. I'd go so far as to say beating the Titans is a sure thing - we are due and they are beatable. Apart from the Cowboys at home I'd say we are more than capable of putting a run together before the end of the year. Interesting times ahead.
Still wont make up for the **** that's been dished up this year.

Here's my truth session:

I am yet to get to Brookie this season (given I live on the beaches, that's pretty poor).

I think I've watched a combined total of 250 minutes of Manly's game time this season on TV.

I am (almost) more interested in the North Melbourne Kangas this season than Manly...

What has happened to me???
piss poor effort

If you recall, many posters here thought the loss to Cronulla was our "turning point".
This one would hurt more - big lead at home and get dusted. Besides, let me have some glimmer of bloody hope won't you!@:(

They've been playing like they've had a session before every game, just not a truth session

giphy.gif

Truth session....probably went like this ;
Brett - 4 grand finals. ..2 premierships.
..im the prince of brookie...oh..and ive got a contract for next year..wost case...they cut me ...I get paid and the go hang, sorry play, with my bro.....next
Tafua - trent is a nice person...so when am I supposed to come in off my wing ?
DCE - contract for life...million a year....next
Nate - I'm here cause dce is here...next
Brown - im here cause trent asked me to be...next
Tapau - do my arms look big in this shirt...next
Turbo boys - we just wanna win...next
Lussick - im only here cause the drives to parra were startin to shyte me...oh and the moneys the same....next
Matai - you guys are a pain in the neck...next
Lyon - cant wait for pig hunting season next year ....next
Walker - the rumours are true...I played origin this year...next

At least in the Beagles days we had hope that once we reclaimed our Manly name, club and culture we'd rise again. And history speaks!
Except now we're still Manly but we have to claim back our true identity as Manly and the Manly spirit. But it will happen. I'm in for the long haul. No turning back for those of us that were Sea Eagled in our early years.
Side note - if I 'grew a set' I'd need to consult a doctor straight away.:p
@globaleagle gen X's are a particularly awesome group of people - apart from dressing really bad in the mid to late 80's. Take it away Bon Jovi - Whoa we're halfway there, Whoa, Livin' on a Prayer...
Yes and we had Peter Sharp as coach which meant we occasionally won. :mad:

Come back Sharpie, we need someone who at least tries to coach the team.........sometimes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4