True Supporter Survey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How Long have you been a Manly fan?

Since '76

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles?

Grew up in the country so didn't have any geographical allegiances. Next door neighbour was a Manly fan and I used to get his "hand me downs". Scored a Manly jumper off him and they happened to win the comp that year so that was good enough for me.

Name your favourite Manly memory?

1978 GF replay and 1987 GF

What is your favourite Manly uniform?

Pioneer sponsored White with Maroon hoops.

What is your favourite Manly game?

The St George touch up was good because I have lots of mates who are Dragons fans. Any win over Parra also makes me smile.

Worst Manly memory?

'95 Grand Final loss. We were the stand out side that year, and only lost 3 games, one of which happened to be the GF (and in controversial circumstances). Very disappointing. The debacle against Cronulla last year was one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever witnessed from a Manly side, it shamed the memory of the great 70's sides.

What was your support during the merger:

Non existant. I couldn't cop the merger, it didn't seem right that a club with such a strong history could just fade away like that. I was so pleased when we returned in our own right.

All time favourite player(s)?

Terry Randall, Russel Gartner, Phil Blake and Beaver.

Current favourite player(s)?

Beaver will go down as one of the greats. Have a lot of respect for Kennedy and I hope that Brett Stewart and Watmough will realise their potential and go onto being legends with 200+ games in the Maroon and White.

How are you a True Supporter?

If you are using the MSE definition than I'd rather not put myself in that category, too many mattress pumpers in that club.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006?

I think we have bought well with Orford and Bell and a lot will depend on their contribution. 5/8 is still a bit of a worry and I think we lack a bit of starch up front to be a genuine top 4 threat. We should make top 8 otherwise I'll be disappointed. Probably finish between 6th and 8th.

How Long have you been a Manly fan? Since mid 60's

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? Their open style, toughness and the coolest emblem.

Name your favourite Manly memory? Kevin Ward in the 87 GF and Phil Blake's tries.

What is your favourite Manly uniform? 72/73 jersey, but they are all good.

What is your favourite Manly game? Flogging Balmain 48 - 14 in 1987.

Worst Manly memory? 97 GF and Cronulla last year

What was your support during the merger: I was disheartened but followed the Beagles.

All time favourite player(s)? Eadie, Hamilton, Blake, Ward, Roberts & Beaver.

Current favourite player(s)? BK1, Beaver, Willo & Stewart

How are you a True Supporter? It hurts when we lose and a week is that much better when we win.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? I think 4th is a good possibility.

[quote author=Barks]
CW...get over it.

Just answer the questions moron or piss off.

[/quote]
hehehehe.... I can see how the stuff on MSE must be amusing to you guys, but you look just as stupid with all the pitiful remarks back at MSE. No use in bagging them when you guys are just as pitiful at times.

Fonz, do i have to do as you and admin say or else i have to piss off? Admin...can you supply Fonz with my email address so he can continue with his rant?

I hope those comments are all tongue in cheek!!! My intent with the True Supporter bit certainly was, following that thread on MSE the other day.

It all goes back to a few years ago and the expression is now 'patented' and a product of mirth and fun.

If either Fonz or Barks want an e-mail I will check and see how to access and will pass it on - otherwise don't take yourselves too seriously. :lol:

I have no problems with being pitiful - just hope it is all in good fun!

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 37 years next week

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? Born at Manly Hospital and delivered by the Manly team doctor

Name your favourite Manly memory? The passion of the 70's & 80's - plus all the premierships

What is your favourite Manly uniform? Wormald, P&O - liked the reverse jumpers too (white with maroon hoops)

What is your favourite Manly game? Too many to mention

Worst Manly memory? The Northern Eagles

What was your support during the merger: ACT Brumbies

All time favourite player(s)? Wombat, Choppy, Igor, Fatty

Current favourite player(s)? Kennedy, Stewart

How are you a True Supporter? As said by Wheel I reckon that unless your bum was smacked by a doctor at Manly Hospital when you were born you could never be classified as a 'real' true supporter.. Following them through all the good & bad times and copping crap from alot of people for doing so!

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Top 4

Barks did you respond to my post at MSE, I cant seem to find the thread?

yeah, but I haven't gone back to look myself so I'm not sure who posted last - i just agree to disagree.

[quote author=The Fonz]
[quote author=Barks]
CW...get over it.

Just answer the questions moron or piss off.

[/quote]
hehehehe.... I can see how the stuff on MSE must be amusing to you guys, but you look just as stupid with all the pitiful remarks back at MSE. No use in bagging them when you guys are just as pitiful at times.

Fonz, do i have to do as you and admin say or else i have to piss off? Admin...can you supply Fonz with my email address so he can continue with his rant?

[/quote]

You don't have to do what i say. I haven't developed those powers yet. But you told CW to get over it. All i meant was if you don't like the content on this site then piss off. I for one am sick of your complaining. I'm sure you'll come back with another spirited remark so please at least make it intelligent.

How Long have you been a Manly fan? Since I Dad slipped the Manly booties on me in late 77

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? My old man and the fact that we were always competitive

Name your favourite Manly memory? 1987 GF

What is your favourite Manly uniform? The 87 Premiership one (Wormald)

What is your favourite Manly game? 1988 smashing the Eels 64-12

Worst Manly memory? Losing to the Dogs in 95 after some ****e ref decisions and having to bolt out of the stadium after tipping what was left of my beer onto Dogs supporters in the tier below.

What was your support during the merger: I was disheartened but followed the Beagles.

All time favourite player(s)? Roberts, Beaver, Ridge and Mal Cochrane (don’t ask me why- I was only young)

Current favourite player(s)? BK, Beaver, Willo (cause he always has a go) and Stewart

How are you a True Supporter? Because my mood swings according to our performances and the Eagles have been part of my life for as long as I can remember- everyone who knows me knows that I am a Manly supporter and will always be up for an argument with anyone in favour of our great club.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Top 4 would be great and that’s what I’m hoping for!

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 28 years

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? Born & bred

Name your favourite Manly memory? When the Beagles split up & we came back

What is your favourite Manly uniform? '72/'73

What is your favourite Manly game? I'm sure I was too drunk to remember

Worst Manly memory? Losing the '97 GF

What was your support during the merger: Non-existent, I wanted it to fail & go away, just like it did.

All time favourite player(s)? Cliffy, Cliffy, Cliffy, Ridge, Tooves, Cochrane, Ronson

Current favourite player(s)? Beaver, Watmough, BK & Stewy

How are you a True Supporter? From having nothing but Manly gear for my b'day when I was a kid to going along to PL matches when I refused to support the Beagles, that'll do me.

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? As good as anybody else's.

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 35 years

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? The 71 Grand final was the 1st game of league I watched and the kid down the road followed Manly so thats how I started

Name your favourite Manly memory? 1976 Gf

What is your favourite Manly uniform? current

What is your favourite Manly game? any game that we beat Parra

Worst Manly memory? Sharks from last year

What was your support during the merger: about 50/50

All time favourite player(s)? Bozo, Eadie, T.Randall,Krillich,Phil blake was another that I loved watching score tries from his famous chip n chasel

Current favourite player(s)? BK and Stewart

How are you a True Supporter? When I was in my 20's and single I used to go all the time as Money was no object, now I go when it is possible

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? 4th

dunnersbanner.jpg

How Long have you been a Manly fan? 40 Years

What convinced you to follow the Sea Eagles? Born n Bred in Harbord/Manly. my father took me and my brothers to the footy every week. my brothers are 20 years older than me, so I didnt have a choice about going or saying no to my old man and getting whacked, lol. its was like a religion in our family. some people went to church, we went to the footy.

Name your favourite Manly memory? 1978 G/F replay. sitting in the sheridan stand, Maroon & White streamers everywhere, watching my old man dancing on the bonnet of his 'prized kingswood' in the scg car park.

What is your favourite Manly uniform? 76 or current.

What is your favourite Manly games? besides the obvious g/f wins, flogging parra at parra stadium, dale shearer/cliffy having a field day. 64-12?? i have it on video, although its a bit used.

Worst Manly memory? 82,83 G/F's after being sooooo dominant in semi's. watching cronulla give us a belting last year & 97.

What was your support during the merger: Season ticket at both *home grounds*. we had a good view at northpower, although felt strange travelling 90 minutes for a home game.

All time favourite player(s)? Bozo, Ridgey, Tooves,Cliffy, Shearer,Ian Martin.

Current favourite player(s)? Beaver

How are you a True Supporter? I'm not a true supporter, just a lover of watching my team play. whether sunny or raining, attend nearly all home/away games starting with the flegg. we have foxtel, but its Not the same unless your there at the game. Buy the yearly updated jersey, football club membership,season tickets,etc

How do you rate Manly's chances in 2006? Winning the J.J.Giltinan Shield , then Premiers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6