Troubled Titans star Greg Bird could find a new home with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But it might be true...quick let's abuse the club for not putting out a statement for something that may or may not be true.

Not abusing the club at all, I'm simply saying that I know other clubs have put out statements previously to dismiss similar speculation. The club may not feel that is warranted or there possibly may be some truth to it.

Statements achieve nothing except to show how sensitive the club is feeling about something. No one is any the wiser, speculation continues, or even increases. Think Tigers re Farah. Think any club re 'Coach has the full support of the board'...

If true this totally confirms that our whole player recruitment is being run by fools. Ferris embellishes every thing that is good about our club in the peak of his career. Why on earth would we consider a train wreck like Bird , after allowing a kid like Liam knight leave or even worse a clubman like Ferris.

Message to our owners. You seem to want to overlook what made our club great. Why are you continuing to sign hasbeens?

Youth is the future. Culture is imperative and it feels like you are shredding the fabric of our club.

If this happens we truly are a basket case!!!

Last edited:
Greg Bird is 32 years of age and past his best. A quick fix approach is not the answer and our politicians have proven that time and time again. Bozo & Co need to start looking to the future. We have already made that mistake with Myles although I expect he was the sweetener to keep DCE. You shouldn't beat yourself up if you make a mistake for the first time but if you make it again you should give yourself an uppercut. Good recruitment is the future of the club. Time to start getting it right!

Myles, Uate, green, bird. I think we are building a premiership winning side - the 2010 premiership.
Green is a better player now, Uate may do a Darius Boyd and find his form outside the Knights... But Greg Bird.... But Nate Myles :shake:

Manly supporter for 49 years, 50 in May.

Surely Bozo helped to create the culture you all now take pride in. But surely even a retiree "head of football ops" will not be as stupid as this. Ferris isn't going anywhere. Smellygraph click bait. You lot: 'hook Line sinker' and even some of the reel.:D

If true this totally condoms that our whole player recruitment is being run by fools. Ferris embellishes every thing that is good about our club in the peak of his career. Why on earth would we consider a train wreck like Bird , after allowing a kid like Liam knight leave or even worse a clubman like Ferris.

Message to our owners. You seem to want to overlook what made our club great. Why are you continuing to sign hasbeens?

Youth is the future. Culture is imperative and it feels like you are shredding the fabric of our club.

If this happens we truly are a basket case!!!

#Hi 5's your autospeller .. 'totally condoms that' haha

Personally think Bird would add needed old fashion steel & fire, but then sanity comes in & his cookie trail of OFF FIELD offenses is not something we want....enough recent crap.
We had some tough nuts like Boyd , Randall , Spud & Rambo Gibbs who the opposition feared ON FIELD - but were rated as top blokes off it.
Also to consider Buhrer as an off cast is a massive mistake - he bleeds Manly & has plenty to offer with the right forwards around him , which in 2017...he will.

Think about it - if the rumours were true we were 'circling the bird' I assume it's been going on for a while. I'm just glad he got bliiind on the weekend and made an ass out of himself now. The timing couldn't be better - no wayyyyy we'd be signing him now thank Christ. Hoss will be back to the Gold Coast Sea Eagles drawing board finding someone else who wants to retire on the northern beaches.

Wish he tried for Ryan James. He has come of age this year and will only get better. Off contract at the end of next year and just what we need. Wayne Bennett circling him for the broncos so we'll probably miss out anyway. That's one Titan I'd like, Elgey is the other as Ash Taylor has just extended his contract.

Wish he tried for Ryan James. He has come of age this year and will only get better. Off contract at the end of next year and just what we need. Wayne Bennett circling him for the broncos so we'll probably miss out anyway. That's one Titan I'd like, Elgey is the other as Ash Taylor has just extended his contract.

No mate I'm sure Hoss is in high level negotiations with William Zillman as we speak.. Is there a cry emoticon???

The only value in this entire thread is a couple of comments about Fred Jones. I saw a clip last night of the famous 1973 grand final - he set up Fulton for a critical try ... with a flick pass! (about 30 years before Marshall was deified for doing it)
But I thought Benji invented them?

i said it in another thread, he is overpaid, overrated and underperforming. Never bends the line. Brain snaps all the time.
In the Coke scandal last year....
Constant off field f$ck ups....

Yeahhhh let's sign him up for 5 yrs, great stuff. @Ryan is right for sure, this has Cartwright written all over it.

I don't question Greg Bird's footie credentials, I'm just perplexed with the idea of signing someone who will be 32 before next season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4