Triple m some decent banter.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This arvo even Paul Kent made sense saying Bellamy is playing the victim card and think everyone is out to get him with rule changes etc. Tallis and Kent rightly said he has brought it on himself.

The best bit of the show was when Tallis revealed he stormed into the melbourne dressing room to confront the melbourne grappling coach after seeing brett white dislocate cayless' shoulder in 07 final.

He said this 'tough guy is over here teaching seventeen footballers how to grapple instead of being in a cage in America fighting in the ufc.' Pretty good I thought. There is not a lot of respect amongst MMA circles for ju jitsu exponents who haven't been in the cage themselves.

He does it to deflect the attention off the cr@p that does go on throughout a game.

U wait till tomorrow he will on the band wagon again with his media buddies. This is the same bloke who said he considered retiring after what his guy, Maclean, copped for the McKinnon tackle...Disgrace he is

Because Dowdz, for the simple reason that in the game rugby league not all men were created equal.
The hierarchy has their favourites that they give more leeway to. These grubby players like smith and slater are looked upon by many oblivious fans as heroes. No doubt he's a crack player, but he's a cheating grub. And the NRL/media turn a blind eye to their favourites grubby tactics to preserve their idol status. The kids need idols.

Lord Eagleton said:
Because Dowdz, for the simple reason that in the game rugby league not all men were created equal.
The hierarchy has their favourites that they give more leeway to. These grubby players like smith and slater are looked upon by many oblivious fans as heroes. No doubt he's a crack player, but he's a cheating grub. And the NRL/media turn a blind eye to their favourites grubby tactics to preserve their idol status. The kids need idols.

Well I taught my kids to despise them ; ). I see what you mean though. Seems like they get away with a hell of a lot. What a joke

eagles2win said:
I'd like to congratulate the Storm for successfully taking Manly's title of most hated team in the comp

Very true E2W. But there's one major difference.

We were hated as a by-product of our success. The quintessential tall poppy syndrome.

The Scum are hated because of their actions. They assembled a team that should not have been assembled and denied 34 players premiership rings.

They introduced grubby tactics in the tackle; they latest of which (lifting the player off the ground) has already resulted in one career ending injury and as last night showed, they have no intention of stopping any time soon.

dowdz said:
I still want to know, why the elbows from the grub Smith hasn't had more focus on it?

I still want to know how you stole all my fricken stars... :mad:

simon64 said:
eagles2win said:
I'd like to congratulate the Storm for successfully taking Manly's title of most hated team in the comp

We were hated as a by-product of our success. The quintessential tall poppy syndrome.

The Scum are hated because of their actions. They assembled a team that should not have been assembled and denied 34 players premiership rings.

They introduced grubby tactics in the tackle; they latest of which (lifting the player off the ground) has already resulted in one career ending injury and as last night showed, they have no intention of stopping any time soon.
Manly's success was only a minor reason why we were/are hated. Buying players from other clubs during the slow transition from amateur to semi professional then fully professional was the main reason.

I would say this last eight or so years has been one of Manly's most successful periods and the level of hate towards Manly is less now than in the past. Many other clubs have had more success over a prolonged period and are not hated at the same levels as Manly were in the past so success is not the major driving factor.

I hate it when the "Tall Poppy Syndrome" is overly used by individuals as the underlying reason behind putting people down/hatred. Many Australians who "make it" just turn into tossers, it is just a simplistic throw away line to put the recipient at ease within themselves.(It's not about me it is more about them)

Not saying it does not exist but the over use of Tall Poppy Syndrome like it is some deep well backed up analyzed fact is one of my pet hates.

dowdz said:
I still want to know, why the elbows from the grub Smith hasn't had more focus on it?

It's because when brett complained the ref said: "Yes we'll deal with that." And then went straight back and blew the whistle for the penalty. The nrl are simply following the ref's lead of ignoring it.

Clint said:
I still want to know how you stole all my fricken stars... :mad:

lolololol teehee!

Technical Coach said:
simon64 said:
eagles2win said:

Manly's success was only a minor reason why we were/are hated. Buying players from other clubs during the slow transition from amateur to semi professional then fully professional was the main reason.

I would say this last eight or so years has been one of Manly's most successful periods and the level of hate towards Manly is less now than in the past. Many other clubs have had more success over a prolonged period and are not hated at the same levels as Manly were in the past so success is not the major driving factor.

I hate it when the "Tall Poppy Syndrome" is overly used by individuals as the underlying reason behind putting people down/hatred. Many Australians who "make it" just turn into tossers, it is just a simplistic throw away line to put the recipient at ease within themselves.(It's not about me it is more about them)

Not saying it does not exist but the over use of Tall Poppy Syndrome like it is some deep well backed up analyzed fact is one of my pet hates.

In your analyse you omit the very significant point that during this period Arko (all hail arko!) was Chairman of the ARL and most clubs and fans truly believed that there was a strong bias and favouritism shown to Manly,

These beliefs were much stronger than our current beliefs regarding Greenturd, because Arko was seen as wielding very real power.

Add to this the greg Hartley and silvertail era and the public slagging by sections of the media and many false impressions became instilled in the minds of fans from all rival clubs.

Three players have broken their neck playing against the storm in their short history. One of those (Wolfie) was an unfortunate accident.
Jarrod McCracken and Alex McKinnon were the result of illegal tackles.

bones said:
Three players have broken their neck playing against the storm in their short history. One of those (Wolfie) was an unfortunate accident.
Jarrod McCracken and Alex McKinnon were the result of illegal tackles.

If I knew what twitter was, I'd send that to every journo.

I heard that yesterday - Tails has gown a lot as a commentator and the honesty he speaks with at times is refreshing.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8