Trial form - The silence is deadly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Four matches to watch on Foxtel this weekend too :)
Charity shield tonight.
WCC tomorrow morning.
Warriors V Broncos 5:30 Sat
Foundation Cup 7:30 Sat

There was actually one last night and Manly played the Warriors. But we got pipped at the post :(
It had Heckenburg, I used to like that guy, he was a bit like a bowling ball.

Central Coast Eagle said:
@[DSM5] what was said of Gould's call?

Frank said:
Silence is usually deafening. Unless we're talking about farts.

As for trial form, who cares? Manly has never been much good at winning trials. Bring on the season proper - that is where we excel.

That's what Lakers fans said this last NBA pre season, it hasn't gone well for them this season
That's tough luck for Laker's fans but I was talking about Manly.

As far back as I can remember Manly has rarely done well in trials. In recent seasons we have really used them to experiment with different combinations. I guess most teams do this and that's why I take little interest in the results. Having said that I suppose it's better to win them than lose them.

My point was it is easy to gloss over trial form as being irrelevant. For some teams it probably doesn't matter as much how their form is in trials, but when you are trying to integrate quite a few new players and play with a different game plan to previous season it would be nice to be winning or playing well at least.

And by new game plan I mean that with Joey on board and Tooves having his first proper pre season with the team I'm sure they have some new "tricks" up their sleeves for us.

My point was it is easy to gloss over trial form as being irrelevant. For some teams it probably doesn't matter as much how their form is in trials, but when you are trying to integrate quite a few new players and play with a different game plan to previous season it would be nice to be winning or playing well at least.

And by new game plan I mean that with Joey on board and Tooves having his first proper pre season with the team I'm sure they have some new "tricks" up their sleeves for us.

From what i saw last week vs Roosters, I think our left side in attack will be utilised more often. After Jorge's break out year in 2012, his combination with Matai and Foran will really develop. Matai saw quite a bit of ball in the game last week and was disallowed a try for a set play which was called back for obstruction - maybe needs work on the timing.

Charity shield is showing the Rabbits are several classes above Saints. No wonder Saints are trying to get a decent coach they are no hope in 2013.

Soward... what an over rated hack he is. They put him in origin no wonder we got smashed by QLD

Following the Charity Shield match ASADA announces the Dragons are free from any suspicion of enhancing their performance at all, by any means whatsoever. Including coaching.

mickqld said:
Soward... what an over rated hack he is. They put him in origin no wonder we got smashed by QLD

Plus he's a biter. Remember he tried to take a chunk out of Matty Balins forearm a coupla seasons back.

Just watching the Warriors v Boncos game. If we get beaten by this mob in 2 weeks then start worrying. They have a popgun attack

A guy from work who is a mad Boncos fan said the same thing about us after our trial results. Let's bring on the real stuff and show em Manly!! Big first up win at Suncorp for the maroon and white!

Agreed Mick.They have nothing in attack outside flashes of brilliance from Hodges.I thought Prince would help in that area but he was quiet.And that was not a trial.The best squads went at it with real intensity so i think you can read a bit more into it than most of the trials played so far.

Any word on Johnsons injury.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8