TRex versues Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly said from the start T rex was a 3 to 4 year prospect as he learnt next to nothing at Parra, he just needed a bit of time.
Spot on by Manly , we are seeing now what he can do !!

1947 said:
Fro said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Stevo said:
Practicle?

How about practickle ?

Both those words make more sense than versues...

The thing about some people on this forum is they love to point out typos or when people make spelling errors.
If the content and meaning are there in the thread, what is the point of raising the issue?

To point out how stupid people are and to make them feel inadequate.

My choice
Foran - can play centre, 5/8, 1/2, lock, has a kicking game and IS a footballer.
We all wanted T-REX to be more agressive and he did & has had two suspensions, it'll be interesting to see how he comes back from this last one.
He just doesn't seem like an angry man to me.
And T-Rex is gonna be cheap either.

Foran. He will replace our most important player - Lyon - in a couple of years time. Centre. Captain. Defensive maestro.

Foran- big game player. I am certain that we could not have won the comp last year without Foz, but may still have sneaked it without T-rex.

T-rex only woke up during the second half of the year and had a quiet GF. Foran on the other hand was consistently brilliant, with a determination that pulled us through several matches- Souffs at Brookie, Penny Panfers at CUA, etc.

Ultimately though I think you would need to base the decision on what they are going to cost you in terms of salary cap space, as well as if they can be readily replaced by someone else in our squad.

Stevo said:
1947 said:
Fro said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Stevo said:
Practicle?

How about practickle ?

The thing about some people on this forum is they love to point out typos or when people make spelling errors.
If the content and meaning are there in the thread, what is the point of raising the issue?

people don't need my help to show how stupid they are.

and if they feel inadequate because of that it tends to say a fair bit about them

Fro said:
Stevo said:
1947 said:
Fro said:
Jatz Crackers said:
How about practickle ?

people don't need my help to show how stupid they are.

and if they feel inadequate because of that it tends to say a fair bit about them

Says a lot about you doesn't it? Needing to put people down to feel useful,I feel sorry for your type

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dean Whare
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. James Cunningham / Tim Robinson
16. Vic Mauro
17. Daniel Harrison / Nick Skinner

Gone: Foran (Dogs), Lussick (Eels), Galuvao (Retires), Farrar (UK), Oldfield (elsewhere), George Rose (Knights), Liam Foran (Dogs).

+ Cunningham groomed to a starting place when Kite and/or King retire.
+ Skinner needs massive improvement. Just invisible.

Also, the cap space those players would give us means we could go after a player for once - try and grab one of The Bulldogs props - in fact, I'd tell Foran and Lussick to piss off due to their procrastination, and offer Kasiano plenty to rip him away from Belmore.

I'd then say - EAT that !

Its keep Foran who is a star player and perhaps see other loyal Manly players forced out perhaps including T rex.

Or

Keep T Rex who is also a star player , perhaps Lose Foran but also help retain more of our squad.

Tough times im not sure how it will play out or what the club prefers, but il be more pissed if we keep him for a massive $$ price tag and then have to lose stewarts , t rex and co

Or somehow keep them all which would be great!!!

Your post makes a lot of sense Ryan. That's quite an adequate team without the 'goners'. And would it be possible to keep Liam as a backup for 5/8th, half? I really like Lyon in the centres to school others in the defensive line, so a 5/8th would need to be found..I'd like some more info on Ricardi, seems some people rate him highly. I doubt any player running around is worth 650K per season tbh.

Trex if only 400. I'd love to keep xxxx but not for 41% of the salary cap or whatever he wants. Either would be mad to leave THE PREMIERS!

Yep, The T-Rex for me. Foran would have signed by now. Im convinced he has gone to the Dogs. After initial disapointment I think it wont be the end of the world. I think a move to 5/8 for Killer could actually prolong his career a year or 2 and Whare is coming on well. Save the coin from Foran and give T - Rex a bit more. We need an X factor in the fowards. He is the 1 others fear and we look soft in the middle without him. Think the other fowards grow in confidence when he is next to them to

Ryan said:
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Dean Whare
05. David Williams
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. James Cunningham / Tim Robinson
16. Vic Mauro
17. Daniel Harrison / Nick Skinner

Gone: Foran (Dogs), Lussick (Eels), Galuvao (Retires), Farrar (UK), Oldfield (elsewhere), George Rose (Knights), Liam Foran (Dogs).

+ Cunningham groomed to a starting place when Kite and/or King retire.
+ Skinner needs massive improvement. Just invisible.

Also, the cap space those players would give us means we could go after a player for once - try and grab one of The Bulldogs props - in fact, I'd tell Foran and Lussick to piss off due to their procrastination, and offer Kasiano plenty to rip him away from Belmore.

I'd then say - EAT that !

Great to see that Skinner is now certain to go on to be a huge success in Manly colours. :)

Foran for sure. He is a star 5/8, and those don't come by everyday. I think a lot of people are trying to soften the blow of him potentially going the the dogs by down playing his worth.

That said T-rex is also a star and a monster. You can definitely see that we're missing him out there.

The fact is both of these guys are young must keep stars. I think I would sacrifice 1 or 2 of our senior stars to keep them both. As much as I would like to see the likes of the Stewart brothers, Ballin, Matai, Lyon, Watmough, Kite, King finish their careers at Manly I think a couple need to move on in order to retain the new generation of stars in Cherry-Evans, Foran, Buhrer, T-rex (and unfortunately I would have also included Hopoate).

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8