Trent Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=Cletus link=topic=186864.msg323347#msg323347 date=1300144024]
He won't be playing for us next year when the rugby world cup is on. Maybe after that who knows. He's playing really well at the moment.

That's on this year my friend!
[/quote]

And I quite like union! Oh well, I guess the massive signing could be Quade Cooper then. Just on SBW I don't think he is paid that much to play for his S15 side, nothing like what the French union teams pay.

Sooty Fan link said:
He won't be playing for us next year when the rugby world cup is on. Maybe after that who knows. He's playing really well at the moment.
The rugby world cup is this year in NZ.
Watch the mass exodus after that.
And also the wage cut the ARU are talking about.
Maybe quade cooper!
(love coopers! ;D)
[/quote]

there are a handfull of current super15 kiwi's that i reckon would swap over after the world cup.
SBW, nonu, weepu all blokes with a RL background and would look good in a manly jersey!
i think it would be good to see a few more good islanders in our team... (not too many tho...lol)

DSM5 link said:
I'd like to think we'd be looking for a very good front rower.  We seem to have a surfeit of backs. 
Maybe the plan is to put SBW on George Rose's diet.

Hodko looked composed but didn't really do much at all, until the last 15 minutes or so. Ennis ran that show.

If you blokes were Dogs supporters you'd be saying that he's way over-paid for a glorified tackling machine.

brookie link said:
[quote author=Sooty Fan link=topic=186864.msg323352#msg323352 date=1300144851]
Maybe quade cooper!
(love coopers! ;D)
[/quote]

there are a handfull of current super15 kiwi's that i reckon would swap over after the world cup.
SBW, nonu, weepu all blokes with a RL background and would look good in a manly jersey!
i think it would be good to see a few more good islanders in our team... (not too many tho...lol)
[/quote]

That must be the clubs plan still having Lowe up front as CEO with his fellow sheep loving connections

Adam link said:
[quote author=brookie link=topic=186864.msg323385#msg323385 date=1300152216]
[quote author=Sooty Fan link=topic=186864.msg323352#msg323352 date=1300144851]
Maybe quade cooper!
(love coopers! ;D)
[/quote]

[/quote]

That must be the clubs plan still having Lowe up front as CEO with his fellow sheep loving connections
[/quote]

I'd take any of them really. But we need some props desperately, just look at how the Dogs fowards went last night. We just don't seem to be able to keep emerging props and spend all our money on backs.

Fro link said:
and if they said that they'd be correct :)

I agree but because he plays for someone else, he's "the one that got away".

There seems to be a whole lot of double standards between what people find acceptable from their team & what they find acceptable from others.

With a bit of perspctive, he was basically the same as last year, just with another off-season of confidence. He's where he was always going to be.

How predictable is this ?

Hodkinson plays for Manly, is crap and will never be anything, we don't want him, then as soon as he pops up "Why did we let him go" etc

Foran sounded like he was going, the world was going to end, heads had to roll, he stays and now he is average and hardly worth feeding

As for SBW, I can't stand the prick, no thanks. If you wanted to target somebody from Rugby, Robbie Fruean is an absolute beast and better than SBW

If Zorba isnt playing mind games then the big signing will be James Graham...Cronk would look pretty handy in a maroon jersey also!!

Gazza link said:
If Zorba isnt playing mind games then the big signing will be James Graham...Cronk would look pretty handy in a maroon jersey also!!

Cronk would be nothing without Cameron Smith.  He's also a product of the system in Melbourne. I think he'd struggle in a new environment which isn't as structured.

HaHa Cam that is amazing

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300235885[/time]

He will be here soon Cam, he didn't recogise the name

Cambo link said:
i wanna know why bones hasnt said anything in this thread??

Trent is a fine young man and I wish him every success for a long, healthy and fruitful career at his new club.

Of all the halfbacks in the NRL, Trent's probably top 3 in terms of tackling.

Robson and Cronk are better than him, but besides that. Sandow would be if he did more than just shoulder charges.

Masked Eagle link said:
Hodkinson was very composed last night.  Will be interesting to see his development this year and track it against how DCE improves.  After having a great success rate with getting the best out of his players and helping them to improve their games, Des has taken a bit of a hit to that type of success in the last few seasons. 

And he also has the second season syndrome to conquer as well

pat flynn link said:
Of all the halfbacks in the NRL, Trent's probably top 3 in terms of tackling.

Robson and Cronk are better than him, but besides that. Sandow would be if he did more than just shoulder charges.

Disagree there.  He is clearly the best no 7 defender in the game at the moment.  He is a heap better defender than Cronk and Robson because he can not only cope with a high tackle count he is capable of putting shots on and dropping rampaging forwards.  I think hes in the top 3 defensive halfbacks I've seen in the last 20 years, Toovs, Joey & him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6