Trent Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sooty Fan

So there is one that got away!

Heard from Slats's on 2GB, Zorba said  that they did'nt won't to pay the
money to keep Brett, cause there is a BIG signing next year?

Re: Brett Hodkinson

Is this guy any relation to Trent?

Or are you talking about the guy who used to play for the tigers and is now in the ESL ?

tookey link said:
Is this guy any relation to Trent?

Or are you talking about the guy who used to play for the tigers and is now in the ESL ?

That was Brett Hodgson and although small is a pretty handy player too. That must be who he was talking about.

Give the guy a break, it's only his 2nd post. Good way of welcoming new people to the forum.

I wonder who the big signing is?

Dessie asked by Fatty to name one player he'd like as a big signing nominated SBW as a name he'd like to return to the game.  Is he playing with us?

Rex link said:
Dessie asked by Fatty to name one player he'd like as a big signing nominated SBW as a name he'd like to return to the game.  Is he playing with us?
Noone could complain if it was SBW - long as he doesn't shoot off to Canada after 3 games to play ice hockey.

I'd love a player of SBWs ability, however I do still think of him as a dog for what he did to the game. One of the most disloyal things a player could do. Same as Inglis, but hey what could he do? It was raining so the planes weren't flying!

He won't be playing for us next year when the rugby world cup is on. Maybe after that who knows. He's playing really well at the moment.

Trent Hodkinson had a very solid game, good luck to the young bloke.

By the way does anyone have a current list of players contracts, I'm just asking cause I'd like to run my eye over who's off contract with us this season and who's on the market.

Cletus link said:
He won't be playing for us next year when the rugby world cup is on. Maybe after that who knows. He's playing really well at the moment.

Rugby World cup is later this year.

Cletus link said:
The rugby world cup is this year in NZ.
Watch the mass exodus after that.
And also the wage cut the ARU are talking about.
Maybe quade cooper!
(love coopers! ;D)

Hodkinson was very composed last night.  Will be interesting to see his development this year and track it against how DCE improves.  After having a great success rate with getting the best out of his players and helping them to improve their games, Des has taken a bit of a hit to that type of success in the last few seasons.  

Rex link said:

I was surprised at that answer.  He is obviously an awesome player when firing but I think he would be a risky signing in terms of attitude and player morale.

I could see Choc firing up though if SBW steps in as our hitman in the pack.

Cletus link said:

That's on this year my friend!

I'd like to think we'd be looking for a very good front rower.  We seem to have a surfeit of backs. 

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6