Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Spoke well on chanel 9 news. Acknowledged that manly have very passionate fans that expect success and feels like he can bring that back to the club. Also acknowledge tooves as a successful coach and is very excited about working with such a successful team like manly, and can't wait to work with DCE. Of all the players, he feels he can take dce game to another level and build the team around him like thurston and the Cowboys. I for one am excited about what trent can bring. I always thought he was a champion 5/8 and will bring a lot to dce running and passing game
Couldn't agree more,true spoke well,you can see there's passion there,I'm with you very exited for nxt year bring it on eagles4everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Looked uncomfortable when asked about the timeline of negotiations etc, but was very impressive in everything else he said.

Looked uncomfortable when asked about the timeline of negotiations etc, but was very impressive in everything else he said.
Saying it was rd 21 was ridiculous :mad:

Don't get why he didn't answer the question of when he was approached, by answering when he signed the contract ? :wondering:

Baz has nothing to defend himself against, as it was Manly Owners who hacked 2v from March via media leaks and interviews not he :cool:

#WinQuickandOften

If he uses DCE both sides of the ruck I will be happy...I just cannot fathom how a player with such natural footballing instincts can be pigeonholed down one side of the field.

Spoke well on chanel 9 news. Acknowledged that manly have very passionate fans that expect success and feels like he can bring that back to the club. Also acknowledge tooves as a successful coach and is very excited about working with such a successful team like manly, and can't wait to work with DCE. Of all the players, he feels he can take dce game to another level and build the team around him like thurston and the Cowboys. I for one am excited about what trent can bring. I always thought he was a champion 5/8 and will bring a lot to dce running and passing game
I think Barrett could have been an even better player if he was coached properly. From memory he won the 2000 Dally M medal, and then it was all downhill from there. He would play really well for NSW where his role was just to run, but Brown tried to manufacture a ball player out of Trent and it did him no favours. Sure, he had a beautiful pair of hands and could throw a decent long ball, but finesse was never his game; especially short kicks (don't get me started).

This guy was cut from the cloth as Fittler, but never had a decent halfback to take the pressure off him long enough to realise his full potential. He was a real competitor...not in the Toovey class, but who is!

If he uses DCE both sides of the ruck I will be happy...I just cannot fathom how a player with such natural footballing instincts can be pigeonholed down one side of the field.

Foran was part of the 'Inner Sanctum' so he was nominated the dominant half. Now that we are free of him, Manly can mix it up :)

Interesting he mentioned he was stood down after the rd12 panfers vs squeels game....to me it means it was a done deal as far as the panthers were concerned, and surely meant the manly club had already decided Tooveys fate....As far as tonights interview was concerned I think Barrett came across as reserved and looks like he has his own opinion on how we are going to play...and the suggestion we are signing up to 8 players might mean there's another signing to come ???

I didn't hear no 8 -10 new signings. Who knows what he has to offer. But right now I support him because he is us. He is the coach. He is optimistic and he has done nothing for us not to support him. Why he can achieve where a non manly player hasn't in the past is Bozo. Liked how he spoke and his vision for the future.

Darcy,Myles,Api,Brown,Parcell,Wright,Moltzen, Goodall, Drags Ranga, Walker are the ones Manly had a piece on

(Updated)

Zerotackle:
2016 Gains:
Lewis Brown (Penrith Panthers, 2018),
Fabian Goodall (Parramatta Eels, 2016),
Nathan Green (St George Illawarra Dragons, 2016),
Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers, 2018),
Darcy Lussick (Parramatta Eels, 2018),
Tim Moltzen (Wests Tigers, 2016),
Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans, 2018),
Matt Parcell (Brisbane Broncos, 2018),
Tom Wright (2018 Union)

Read more at http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/teams/manly-sea-eagles/#gJWXglfz1klmHtIA.99

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4