Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett could be on a hiding to nothing
Is it the coach that makes the difference .
Early in the season some said Toov's cant coach when we are loosing now he can while we are winning
Bennett a great coach but couldn't do anything for Newcastle
Henry got the the Cowboys to the finals but cant do much for the Titans
Cleary was good for the Warriors is he struggling at the panthers ?
My point is if you have a great squad with a good 1/2 and be injury free you have a good Coach ?
Barrett could be a good coach if he gets these points go his way

If he can get the best of out our recruits especially Myles, continue to develop the turbos and keep the side galvanized like they are at the moment he will have done his job. I think he will do a good job. Coaches need to have the respect of the playing group they are trying to coach, they also need to manage the salary cap, motivate and prepare for games, develop and get the best of the players. From what the players have said about him at the panthers and country origin, he seems like he has a good rapport with all the players he coaches which is HUGE imo

What did/do you like about him Pablo?
Met him a number of times back in the early 2000's when I frequented Dragons games etc with my Dragon obsessed cousin and his mates. Was very generous with his time with fans and came across as very intelligent and was quite articulate. Really knew his footy stuff. Just made an impression on me I guess and I took an interest in his career after that.
Can thank the Northern Eagles debacle for me looking elsewhere for a man crush?

I think one of the real questions for Barrett is how he moulds the young guns that are in Manly's 20's and brings them through to first grade.
There is some real talent here and rather than scoop up players other clubs get rid of we should not let the young ones leave.
Consider in the backs a bit of experience to help Tom T, Gutherson, Ramien, Travers and Pearsall.
Forwards include Jake T, Addison D, Knight, Pratt, Cox and young Bainbridge.
There are a few others that supporters may like too, a rep centre escapes me at the moment .....think he is injured but is good. Anyone recall him?

I hope Barrett finds us Very Good 5/8 because DCE is playing like a $1 Man ATM and we need some punch . I would go after Tapau or Young Lane from the Dogs

It would have been nice to have Manly officially announce the new Coach.
And acknowledging, if not thanking, Tooves for his tenure :cool:

I was under the impression that the season didn't start till 1st November - 2v must have got an early, early release :wondering:

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
It would have been nice to have Manly officially announce the new Coach.
And acknowledging, if not thanking, Tooves for his tenure :cool:

I was under the impression that the season didn't start till 1st November - 2v must have got an early, early release :wondering:
That will probably still occur. Tooves was still wearing his Manly gear on 360 last night so once the season is officially over I'm sure they'll hold a presser and announce everything and everyone officially

I personally don't care when he was sounded out. What's done is done there and I'd hope we can move on, but I suppose the media would like this answered in a juicy way so we can stay bogged down for as long as possible.

Same for the Bozo question.

I'd rather he discuss the future and the style of play he is hoping to introduce.

Agree 100% no point re-hashing the past now. You'll never get the truthful answer, nor is TB to blame. Rather hear about what he hopes to bring to 2016 for Manly

I think one of the real questions for Barrett is how he moulds the young guns that are in Manly's 20's and brings them through to first grade.
There is some real talent here and rather than scoop up players other clubs get rid of we should not let the young ones leave.
Consider in the backs a bit of experience to help Tom T, Gutherson, Ramien, Travers and Pearsall.
Forwards include Jake T, Addison D, Knight, Pratt, Cox and young Bainbridge.
There are a few others that supporters may like too, a rep centre escapes me at the moment .....think he is injured but is good. Anyone recall him?

I like the big 3 ....Tommy T, Addison D and Liam K ..

Would have preferred Barrett to be on 360 last night with Toovey

Where is Mr Fluffy these days? Hiding while everyone else does his dirty work

As far as Manly fans thinking of Trent as the enemy, back around 2000 I was working with a young lady who grew up knowing Trent. I remember clearly she said he was from a really nice family and not to believe any negative (tall poppy) paper talk at the time. I recall she was so happy for his success and said he was just the nicest down to earth country boy you could ever meet.
And as she was a nice down to earth country girl I was inclined to believe her.:)
Now to see how he coaches.

Last edited:
Spoke well on chanel 9 news. Acknowledged that manly have very passionate fans that expect success and feels like he can bring that back to the club. Also acknowledge tooves as a successful coach and is very excited about working with such a successful team like manly, and can't wait to work with DCE. Of all the players, he feels he can take dce game to another level and build the team around him like thurston and the Cowboys. I for one am excited about what trent can bring. I always thought he was a champion 5/8 and will bring a lot to dce running and passing game

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2