Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry, i thought he coached the titans over 8 years or so

my mistake, must have been a different Cartwright

Sorry, i thought he coached the titans over 8 years or so

my mistake, must have been a different Cartwright
So maybe he is a great assistant coach and not so great head coach. Since his role with us is assistant coach, all is good?

So maybe he is a great assistant coach and not so great head coach. Since his role with us is assistant coach, all is good?

it is a maybe but given they were talking about changing things to match what he brought in it worries me. Barrett has only been an assistent coach and by all reports good at it so may be a crap head coach, just like Arthur.

The Titans also made the finals a few times when I don't think anyone really expected them to. Sure they have also had a lot of blow-outs but they have also been a gritty defensive team.

Are the coaches really the be and end all though?

it is a maybe but given they were talking about changing things to match what he brought in it worries me. Barrett has only been an assistent coach and by all reports good at it so may be a crap head coach, just like Arthur.

Barrett has a MUCH better roster at his disposal, so I'm projecting top 4 at a minimum, but am happy to see him build his own legacy.

So after a few weeks in charge, how are we all feeling about, as Snake called him, "Bazza", now?
I still have no idea how he'll perform as a head coach, but the place seems to be absolutely buzzing and in every interview I've seen the players genuinely seem to love the bloke.
Obviously performance > charisma, but I'm finding it hard to not feel very positive about our club moving forward.

The one thing i am hoping for is that TB brings something completely new to the team and how it plays. The last couple of years since Des left and BA also both Bulldogs and Parra have had us covered.

Hoping that the coaching staff including Cartwright and Seibold add to this and we have a strong 2016 showing.

Seems like the players are excited so i'm willing to give him a chance to build something special at the club. More importantly i am just hoping the divisions within the team are resolved and that our headlines for next season are all about Manly being a Powerhouse again.

The one thing i am hoping for is that TB brings something completely new to the team and how it plays. The last couple of years since Des left and BA also both Bulldogs and Parra have had us covered.

On that with Cartwright(ex cows) and Seibold(ex Drizzle) hopefully we can get in the cows playbook as we've had a problem getting on top of them the last few years.. But we do own the Drizzle lately.

image.jpeg

On that with Cartwright(ex cows) and Seibold(ex Drizzle) hopefully we can get in the cows playbook as we've had a problem getting on top of them the last few years.. But we do own the Drizzle lately.

Agree we go good against the Storm, however we rise for those games. We let too many games slip away last season and coupled with Melbourne conceeding the second least amount of points last season during the regular season i think Seibold is an important aquisition for us

In relation to Carty, we all know him as a coach with very little success when at the Titans, but possibly it may not have been him rather management getting too involved in the day to day running of the team which only interferes in their performance and hence success. He seem to do something right at the Comboys albeit as assistant coach. Look at Taylor and the Tigers at the moment, too much political BS and players getting involved. Sounds familiar.

We can;t pass judgement on Barrett at the moment but then neither could we when Dessie came on board for he had no coaching experience. However, Bozo wanted him for the job at the time and had a high opinion of him. The rest is history. As such the benefit of the doubt needs to be given.

We all know of the uproar when Toovey didn't want to renew Stewart's and Watmough's contracts citing they were getting on in age and injury prone and as much as I appreciate what these two players did for Manly and will always respect them for this and consider them as Manly legends, he was right for they certainly didn't blow the lights out at their new clubs. Unfortunately for Toovey, he was made the scape goat regardless of the immense injury toll, aging roster and inhouse fighting which would have impacted on the success of any coach in the game. Realistically would any club terminate Tooveys services after just one poor year, which wasn't all too bad considering what the season yielded and the fact he had two great years prior?

It will take some time for the new players, including Barrett and his coaching staff, to gel and embrace the Manly culture. How long? who knows. Des would have brought it to the Dogs with little success, otherwise they would have won a premiership by now with their roster, for it's a culture embedded in this club and can't be taken away or adopted elsewhere.

Looking forward to 2016. Go the Eagles!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6