Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok guys, we've had a few months now of knowing that unfortunately, Toovey is moving on. I'd love to hear your opinions on Barrett so far? Here's a few things:-

1. People have attempted to interview him, and he's stuck to his "no comment" strategy out of respect for Tooves;
2. He has brought over Lewis Brown, Api Koroisou & maybe more (maybe at the expense of Ballin???);
3. He had a big hand in winning Wright from Union (9 clubs & The Aussie Union guys wanted him as well);
4. He's looking at strategies to be cutting edge and has spent some time in International Union;
5. Read articles about how Panthers players are gutted he left, and suggested he was the brains (I also noticed they dropped off once he left???).

Opinions guys? I know there will be quite a few on the, "his results will determine my opinion", but what about to date???

I know one thing is for sure, the pressure on him will be immense.

The last non Manly coach failed miserably , and we have only ever known success with one of our own.

Good luck Trent

Last edited:
He will bring a totally different approach and we will see how effective it will be, our recent surge of form is all to do with the crap treatment dished out to Toovey and the task that Barrett has will be to quickly get the players on board with his ideas.

I respect that he has maintained a silence while there is life in our campaign for this year and I am sure that our current players have points to prove in the remaining matches for this year.

I will keep an open mind about him as a coach as he is untested at top level, I just hope he gets the support from our owners that Toovey sadly didnt get this year.

Hoping, and confident, that we will get a Trent Robinson style coach out of him. Been impressed by most things he has done so far

People try and throw stones saying he coached the Penrith 20s to 9th, but they actually send their best up to the NSW Cup at Penrith to get them ready for NRL

I'm just wondering if Wright would've picked us above all the other teams if Tooves was next years coach. I luv Tooves to bits, always have and always will but his exit might iron out a lot of the 2V and non 2V factions between the players. I think if we were to bring a non eagle into the frey then Barrett's our man.

He was/is my favourite non Manly player so definitely willing to give him a chance. The staying quiet thing shows he's got some class.
See above post on coaching opinion

Will judge him based on how he coaches at Manly.
But I have always disliked the bloke. Maybe because he played in that pretender Dragons team, maybe because he was **** at 5/8 for NSW. Or maybe because he talks in a boring mono tone.
Or maybe cos he was bitch slapped by Brown.

He was/is my favourite non Manly player so definitely willing to give him a chance. The staying quiet thing shows he's got some class.
See above post on coaching opinion
What did/do you like about him Pablo?

He's done nothng yet. A coach lives and dies by his results on the field. He has no real coaching record of any significance to speak of to date, so really hard to gauge what he will bring to the table next year. Hopefully he will be successful, he certainly won't lack talented cattle.

Personally I think Bozo had more to do with getting Wright on board then Baz. And if he was going to bring players from Penrith with him those two weren't the cream of the crop by any stretch. Also wonder what he learnt from the Wallabies after their last Bledisloe performance ?

Anyway, he's our coach next year so let's hope he delivers. He's been in some good "systems" so if he has any smarts he will have soaked up some worthwhile knowledge from his rep footy and Penrith stints.

Will judge him based on how he coaches at Manly.
But I have always disliked the bloke. Maybe because he played in that pretender Dragons team, maybe because he was **** at 5/8 for NSW. Or maybe because he talks in a boring mono tone.
Or maybe cos he was bitch slapped by Brown.
Well I guess if you can judge a coach based on their mono toned voice like Clint Eastwood Bennett he's going to be a keeper.

That's from being dropped in on so many times in the surf and looking for guys grabbing his leg

Sits out the back and as they say
Snooze you loose

PS as far as league goes - he is a pro

I'm just wondering if Wright would've picked us above all the other teams if Tooves was next years coach. I luv Tooves to bits, always have and always will but his exit might iron out a lot of the 2V and non 2V factions between the players. I think if we were to bring a non eagle into the frey then Barrett's our man.
And what about Andrew Johns. Maybe he saw the deal DCE got and told his manager sign me with whatever club/ code that is.

Exactly

As I said he will be under enormous pressure, and all we can do is wish him well.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the bloke. The pressure and expectations are HUGE. I hope he knows what he is getting into. I can't think of a rookie coach in recent years that will have been under more pressure. Our "leaders" must be pretty certain they have picked a good one to have shafted a club legend for him .... I wish him and us well and hope we are all not in tears this time next year .......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4