Trent Barrett as assistant coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't mind Trent Barrett, but this issue here is the disgraceful treatment of a club legend. Playing this out in the media and practically hiring his replacement is a slap in the face and just another black eye for how the club has been run since the Penns took over.
I had it confirmed by a journo that the leak came from Z.

Tooves inherited a competitive side and finished in competitive positions accordingly...exit King, Glenn and Choc, add injuries and conjecture regarding our overly precious halves and we are struggling.
It's recognised that our forward pack needs re bolstering....why wouldn't Tooves be competitive again just like he was before. He has the track record so why change to someone unproven ?

I had it confirmed by a journo that the leak came from Z.
Just like that shamefull interview of Arko last week:mad:
Meninga was just renewed for 3 years, so the complacency angle of Arko's is a crock@:mad:

Seeing Brett Fulton on the sidelines at the last home game gave me the shivers.
Barrett maybe a rookie but the nepotism factor is at least missing from his probable appointment :cool:

Just like that shamefull interview of Arko last week:mad:
Meninga was just renewed for 3 years, so the complacency angle of Arko's is a crock@:mad:

Seeing Brett Fulton on the sidelines at the last home game gave me the shivers.
Barrett maybe a rookie but the nepotism factor is at least missing from his probable appointment :cool:

Meninga coaches 3 games a year no comparison

Trent may provide an extra spark in the players (something like what BA did - but ONLY as an assistant!) Any formidable replacement for Tooves won't be available for at least 2-3 years, so i don't mind the idea of TB being strung along thinking he'ĺl get the head coach gig someday.. ;) In saying that, Tooves can only get stronger in time.

Last edited:
Another day another coach rumor - have they run out of players to associate with us?

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...r-file---wednesday/1eoijm8idzwct14izajse9p4of

Manly bolster coaching ranks

MANLY look set to sign North Queensland assistant coach John Cartwright next year.

Cartwright, the ex-Gold Coast Titans coach, would be willing to return to Sydney where he played his football with Penrith.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey remains under the pump, Cartwright perhaps coming in over the top as a coaching director.

Cowboys officials are already discussing the possibility of having to find a replacement for Cartwright.

Didn't Cartwright retire due to health concerns?

Cartwright got sacked from the Titans and gets to direct a Manly Coach - we live in an alternate universe on the Peninsula @:rolleyes:

Does Meninga coach?, and I thought the big fat lump was just a front all of these years.

Don't know only those who have played soo could tell you. Either way Toovey is gone I just wish the club would remove the band aid quicker. It's not a matter of if it's when.

Who selected Hasson last week. Zero impact. Very bad call whoever made it. Sort of game Hodges or Starling would have been useful in.....

Another day another coach rumor - have they run out of players to associate with us?

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...r-file---wednesday/1eoijm8idzwct14izajse9p4of

Manly bolster coaching ranks

MANLY look set to sign North Queensland assistant coach John Cartwright next year.

Cartwright, the ex-Gold Coast Titans coach, would be willing to return to Sydney where he played his football with Penrith.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey remains under the pump, Cartwright perhaps coming in over the top as a coaching director.

Cowboys officials are already discussing the possibility of having to find a replacement for Cartwright.
In related news Brookvale is weighing up a name change with Wonderland and Oz being the front runners.

Fair point

A lot of coaching comes down to the cattle you have, and Robinson is lucky there, just something about the way he handles himself and they way the Roosters play look good to me. I think Jason Taylor is a pretty decent coach too, just never had the cattle to be right up amongst the contenders, usually having an average roster and getting them up around the fringes of the 8

Gotta be lucky enough to get the right opportunity at the right time in the coaching game sometimes

Also how much autonomy they have in doing things their way.
Robinson had an apprenticeship at Catalan with reasonable results so had head coach experience, he went to The Roosters that needed a rebuild and obviously he got to back himself.
Coaches like Bellamy, Bennett and Hasler have the power to pick and choose where they go and put a broom through the place because they can.
Coaches like Tooves, Taylor, Athur etc don't have that luxury.

Look at the talk of Barrett only coaching us if DCE is still here, yep a lot of it is timing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4