Trent Barrett as assistant coach?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well Carlton have just sacked their Coach - hope Manly handle 2v's exit with more class @:cool:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohah!!!!!

I guess the sack me or back me ultimatum didn't work out!

plus....suck it carlton! go the swans!

But, then again, how good would Robinson be at Parramatta? He has unlimited resources at the Roosters. Coaching this Roosters team would be a dream first up gig.

Freddy Fittler, Ricky Stuart, Chris Anderson and Brian Smith all had 'unlimited resources' and look how their tenures ended up there.

Robinson is the real deal compared to those guys and will leave the place in a better position than what he got it, unlike those others.

On a positive note, if Barrett does join and eventually replaces Tooves, Manly will easily have the most handsome head coach in the NRL. That should make many female fans happy and open up some marketing opportunities too. ;)

Could it be that Barrett is on the outer at the Riff as Gould wants to entice Brown to assist Cleary and Barrett doesn't like being bitch slapped
I dont know really but hey may as well make something up just like any journo will do to make a story

There's a thread on one eyed eel claiming they Barrett is talking to the eels about being their assistant coach as well. Sounds pretty similar situation - being groomed for first grade coach.

Trent was the Elvis of the Gong - good sort and was a good player in his day.:*

But my main memory of him will always be of Browny slapping him :eek::D

If Bozo sees something in him, lets sign him up and mix up our predictable plays ASAP@:cool:

Trent was the Elvis of the Gong - good sort and was a good player in his day.:*

But my main memory of him will always be of Browny slapping him :eek::D

If Bozo sees something in him, lets sign him up and mix up our predictable plays ASAP@:cool:
Mine will be when he dove for a try and just basically threw the ball out :) hahaha

This is allllll bull**** ... toovey did inherit a very good squad to start his career ......this hardship will determine if he can stamp his authority as a top first grade coach .... The pressure is on our little champion Toovey ..... A) will he grow and develop into a stronger coach ..... B) does he step aside and let someone else develop high blood pressure and cholesterol levels ... regardless what happens ... Toovey we love you for all the effort and passion you have put forward for this club and its fans !!!!!!!!!! MANNNNNNNLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY

This has to be a joke. Trent Barret FFS. All that is left is for them to announce Braith Anasta as Barrets assistant for 2016 and our transition to the Manly Muppets will be complete.

I can't help but think when DCE told Johnny Gibbs that a lot of things would need to change for him to consider backflipping that one of those things was a change of coach.

We've already let Glenn Stewart,Watmough,Kite & others go to try retain DCE & Foran. Are we seriously willing to now stab a true club legend of Tooveys stature in the back in the hope DCE stays. It will be a culture killer if this is what is happening.

My mum and sister would occasionally mention how good looking Trent B was during his playing days. :)

You only need to compare Tooveys head to Barrets head to see which one was willing to put their body on the line for their club as a player. Maybe thats why one of them captained their team to a premiership while the other never won one and quit his team mid contract when things got tough and bolted overseas.

These types of qualities as a player transfer to their coaching. We'll have a pretty team that wins as many premierships as the last NRL club Barret played for.

Last edited:
You only need to compare Tooveys head to Barrets head to see which one was willing to put their body on the line for their club as a player. Maybe thats why one of them captained their team to a premiership while the other never won one and quit his team mid contract when things got tough and bolted overseas.

These types of qualities as a player transfer to their coaching. We'll have a pretty team that wins as many premierships as the last NRL club Barret played for.
Wow, you've summed things up very concisely. I wouldn't go as far to suggest that it means Barrett can't coach, but it's a fair summation of what happened during their playing careers.

It's been said that Barrett is a good communicator, but I've watched him be interviewed many times over the years and it's impossible to get a read on him, and he always appears nervous and twitchy. I think he's a gamble personally.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4