tree frogs and spas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

We bought a second hand spa a few months back and I finally got around to moving it to it's new location. I haven't filled it yet, but went to tip all the rain water off the cover this morning, only to see 5 or more tree frogs sitting under the cover. Not a concern until I fill it in a few weeks and their crap starts to dirty the water, but wondering if anyone has any ideas on keeping the tree frogs out of the spa?

I am have heard a bit of lime and sea salt around the edge helps and I certainly don't want to harm them, I just want to move them on to say the rain water tank or somewhere they can live happily without me fearing they will die from falling into the water.

Dan

haha, Could you imagine getting rid of the cling wrap each and every time you got in the spa and then putting it back afterwards?

There is a cover on it, but the cover folds in half, this is where I think they are getting in, so I am going to get some adhesive velcro and put this where they get in. I am also going to build a pond and area for them to hid out the front and relocate them there.

Apparently salt and lime will work so I am going to put that around the spa too.

Dan

A quick search using duckduckgo (who wants to use google when they track your every move??!?!?!?!?!) shows that the most common solution is to velcro the gaps as you said.

HOT TUB TIME MACHINE!!! SAY WHA!!!!

party on dude!

Let us know how the salt & lime trick works, or any other solutions that you find. We've been getting a truckload of frogs in our pool lately & it's getting to be a pain in the ass. Not to mention the worry that my dog will get stuck into one of the frogs.

If you have cans toads spray them with detol or bleach, kills them in seconds.

As for tree frogs doing my best to relocate them without harming them.

Salt should work there is a fairly exact dilution you need to use though. The other issue is that it will kill any plants you have because it's going to salt the ground.

What frogs are you getting?

yeah i'd go a salt trail next to the pool and away from the garden. Not much else you can do. They won't harm your dog, not like the bloody cane toads we get up here.

I would at least just try a bit of diluted salt first see if it helps you. With the weather being as it is up here, I am unlikely to get my Spa read to go and thus frog free for at least 3 weeks

Daniel said:
If you have cans toads spray them with detol or bleach, kills them in seconds.

As for tree frogs doing my best to relocate them without harming them.

Its racism at its ugliest.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7