Trbojevic Contract Discussions Off To A Shaky Start

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let this be A WARNING. The fan base WILL REVOLT.

Yeah like we did when they sacked Tooves. With a couple of banners and record membership numbers. I don't think fans reactions are their main concern somehow. If the Turbo boys leave the club will just sign the 2018 versions of Marty Tapau and Nate Myles and everyone will think we are GF bound again and renew.

Each to their own I guess...

And because Triple M say its so, that is gospel. If the salary cap for 2018 and beyond is a concern for us it will be for everyone else.
Get use to the offseason peoples its gunna be long and played out in the media, its our turn again!!!!

You really are missing the people
point.
No I'm not really, but keep telling yourself that. What is the point in offering them the most that they'll give them straight away?
All sporting teams across the world do this no matter how much money the club or the player is worth.
Come on is it really that hard to understand?
If you are part of the negotiations can you tell me how much they're planning to offer the 2 of them please captain?

No I'm not really, but keep telling yourself that. What is the point in offering them the most that they'll give them straight away?
All sporting teams across the world do this no matter how much money the club or the player is worth.
Come on is it really that hard to understand?
If you are part of the negotiations can you tell me how much they're planning to offer the 2 of them please captain?
No need to be disrespectful. Settle petal - see what I did there?
Anyhoo - I simply make the point that humans are very different to houses, cars, companies. They have feelings and personalities with which they turn up to work day in and day out.
These two in particular are our biggest hope of retaining what is left of the fabric of the club. They love it, so why make them doubt the club with an insulting offer?
They're both young and may not have your hard-headed business approach. They may just be offended and, not long after, be flattered by the overtures of the next suitor. Again, something a house, car, or company wouldn't experience.
Like others before me, I won't respond again to your comments on this because we just see things differently and neither of us will change.
Good luck to you.

No need to be disrespectful. Settle petal - see what I did there?
Anyhoo - I simply make the point that humans are very different to houses, cars, companies. They have feelings and personalities with which they turn up to work day in and day out.
These two in particular are our biggest hope of retaining what is left of the fabric of the club. They love it, so why make them doubt the club with an insulting offer?
They're both young and may not have your hard-headed business approach. They may just be offended and, not long after, be flattered by the overtures of the next suitor. Again, something a house, car, or company wouldn't experience.
Like others before me, I won't respond again to your comments on this because we just see things differently and neither of us will change.
Good luck to you.
I'll be just as filthy as anyone here if the negotiations are botched up. But you have to let them run their due course. No one should be surprised that they knocked back the first offer. We are in September 2016, they still have another year to run on their contract, they will be trying to get as much as they can and so they should. But everyone needs to just relax.

I'm just as young as them and understand that clubs do this. They're old enough to understand this themselves. They've been professionals for a little bit now.

Our illustrious management stuffed the DCE negotiations big time while offering a much lower contract.

Let's hope they've learnt from this and don't drag it out when the dragons are rumoured to be going hard for these 2 with big offers.

As someone else said, the club probably thinks they'll stay for a lot less and seem to be playing it that way even though it's early days.

DON'T STUFF IT UP! @:mad:

Girdler makes a great point in the chat with the fact that with no collective bargaining agreement in place past 2017 as yet, negotiations would be a guessing game. You can listen to it here.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/9/manly-sea-eagles-trbojevic-contract-bungle/

It's been a shaky start to contract negotiations between the Trbojevic brothers and Manly, with early discussions leaving a lot to be desired for the big-name players.

According to Triple M and the Australian's Brent Read, Manly appear to have offered a conservative deal, largely to the unsettled salary cap spending amounts for 2018.

Tom Trbojevic and his brother Jake are off-contract at the end of next year.

"Things haven't gone as smoothly as they hoped," Ready said.

"In the initial talks, there's a fair way apart between the parties, what the Trbojevic management expected and what's been offered.
Why would you offer your best price first up ?

All in good time, the club MUST get their contract negotiations right!! This is a massive test for the Penns. If they stuff this up. I predict that membership will plummet. Those boys are our today and future!!

This article is just media beat up.

Players and clubs are at stalemate negotiations becuse of the uncertaintity aroubd the 2018 cap.

If I was a player I wouldn't be signing beyond 2017 until I knew the true market position.
That would actually depend on how good a player you were.

While its imperative that the club gets the Turbo's to sign, I have to agree with @Eagles2nv and others. Its hard not knowing what the salary cap is going to be in 2018 and beyond.

Whilst I agree we had better not stuff these negotiations, the first offer is rarely accepted in any process. I would also suggest that most managers use the media to their advantage.

For the Turbo brothers to leave Manly would take a serious gap between our offers and others. Their hearts are with us, and whilst they are young, they seem to have old fashioned values of loyalty and wanting to play for the same club as their childhood heroes.

As long as we show them respect and can come reasonably close to other offers, I think they will stay, especially if we show other recruitment will boost our squad to be serious contenders.

I think the only issue is Manly taking them for granted, as they know both bleed Maroon & White....They would likely stay for less, but lets not open up a Dutch Auction where other clubs throw massive money at them smelling unrest.....
On the more obvious hand, don't take the media crap as gospel, as every player negotiation can be blown out as "Shaky"as they Negotiate from two different price ranges - Every single time regardless of the player this is the case & in most cases unless the player wants out...a happy medium is reached.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8