Travis 'Mug' Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's a little nugget, plays the game hard with heart and soul. Likes to niggle but never plays with malice. I wouldn't mind if he was in our side still.

I can't believe the ref said it wasn't dangerous. Burns dived at the legs of a kicker while he was defenceless, and borderline still in the air. It's the same tactic (sadly) that Beaver did for a while till he got the tap on the shoulder to stop it.

Deserved a penalty and report - and a few weeks on the sideline.

It was a dog act, not even worthy of being called "close to the edge"

I reckon . . .

Eagles Terrorist said:
I can't believe the ref said it wasn't dangerous. Burns dived at the legs of a kicker while he was defenceless, and borderline still in the air. It's the same tactic (sadly) that Beaver did for a while till he got the tap on the shoulder to stop it.

Deserved a penalty and report - and a few weeks on the sideline.

It was a dog act, not even worthy of being called "close to the edge"

I reckon . . .

If it is bad enough the match review committee will pick it up

What happened to him in the 2nd half, looked like he had a nap on Harrinson's legs for a while.. thought he was out cold, then next minute he was right again.

SwornEagle said:
What happened to him in the 2nd half, looked like he had a nap on Harrinson's legs for a while.. thought he was out cold, then next minute he was right again.

Reading the Beaver menzies book, I am not surprised haha

hahahah.. ahh the Beaver's book.. didn't mind it too much, very biased being my childhood sporting hero and all.. can't believe im 32 and he's still playing, scoring doubles too, WOW!

ManlyBacker said:
Dan is right. Top parents and his sister ain't half bad either. He just tries his guts out and gets it wrong occasionaly.

G'day ManlyBacker. Do you know Travis's parents?

mozgrame said:
ManlyBacker said:
Dan is right. Top parents and his sister ain't half bad either. He just tries his guts out and gets it wrong occasionaly.

He's like a loaded gun, just lucky he missed. Its the same as shooting at someone and missing - and then saying it's Ok, no-one was hurt. If DCE went down with a busted knee, this forum would go off. Sorry, I don't buy he is just a tough competitor on this one.

Matai is a tough competitor who gets it wrong sometimes. I think they play the game in the same spirit.

mozgrame said:
ManlyBacker said:

I got talking with them a few times when Travis was playing for us. Seemed a nice family (even though they came from Texas - Qld that is!).

mozgrame said:
Matai is a tough competitor who gets it wrong sometimes. I think they play the game in the same spirit.

I agree with the Matai comment. Last night he came rushing in like a mad man on one occassion and if he connected could easlily have done so illegally - and most likely hurt himself as well.

It was a bit like the old Matai that got himself suspended for 7 weeks last year, but then started playing smart football, not this crazed, impulsive nonsense he can do. The smart Matai is a MUCH better footballer

Still no excuse for Burns. Since when has diving at the legs of a kicker been acceptable?

ManlyBacker said:
mozgrame said:
ManlyBacker said:

I got talking with them a few times when Travis was playing for us. Seemed a nice family (even though they came from Texas - Qld that is!).

He has a cousin up here that is very highly regarded in animal science named Brian Burns. He reckons Travis's attitude and tough mentality is a Burns trait. He describes Travis's father as a lovely bloke you don't want to cross. :)

mozgrame said:
He has a cousin up here that is very highly regarded in animal science named Brian Burns. He reckons Travis's attitude and tough mentality is a Burns trait. He describes Travis's father as a lovely bloke you don't want to cross. :)

Good job I only said good things then :) His sister was called Charlene or Charmaine and I could have talked to her a lot longer.

Eagles Terrorist said:
mozgrame said:

I agree with the Matai comment. Last night he came rushing in like a mad man on one occassion and if he connected could easlily have done so illegally - and most likely hurt himself as well.

It was a bit like the old Matai that got himself suspended for 7 weeks last year, but then started playing smart football, not this crazed, impulsive nonsense he can do. The smart Matai is a MUCH better footballer

Still no excuse for Burns. Since when has diving at the legs of a kicker been acceptable?
Yeah, the action itself was dangerous, agreed, but i think it was a rush of blood on Travis's behalf. I don't believe he is malicious and intentionally tried to harm DCE. Nor do i believe Matai ever intentionally delivers high shots. There are just some players in the game that give everything, every game and hate to lose. The match review committee will deal with it.

ManlyBacker said:
mozgrame said:

Good job I only said good things then :) His sister was called Charlene or Charmaine and I could have talked to her a lot longer.

But not if Dad was around ;)

Anyone see Trav last night in the last bit of the game he

1. Landed a big hit forcing an error.

2. From the next set chipped through setting a try for his outside man.

3. Converted the try.

He was just about the last man standing for the Panthers, well Coote was there but doing a Mr Invisible impression.

bob dylan said:
He was just about the last man standing for the Panthers, well Coote was there but doing a Mr Invisible impression.

Was Coote actually posting nonsense on Silverails while the game was going on? No wonder the Panthers are going so bad this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6