Travis Burns Role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Duff the plot thickens.............You don't want Burns to play lock because he's the best for that possition. You simply want him there because he's not good enough to make the side at 6, 7 & 9 (which he is most suited to)

Makes sense ;) . But I'm sure that Willow, G Stewart and Menzies are well above him on the pecking order at lock.

So the only option for him is as a bench player. and maybe play as a 2nd 5/8 late in the second half when the opposition tires.

And I also agree that Matai would be better suited at Lock than Burns (as long as he can stop the brain snaps)

its more a long term thing though Byso, Willow is unlikely to be there next year and Beaver one more year at best. Leaves a few gaps, between then and now Burnsy can get a few gym sessions in!

So Duff the plot thickens.............You don't want Burns to play lock because he's the best for that possition. You simply want him there because he's not good enough to make the side at 6, 7 & 9 (which he is most suited to)

Makes sense ;) . But I'm sure that Willow, G Stewart and Menzies are well above him on the pecking order at lock.

So the only option for him is as a bench player. and maybe play as a 2nd 5/8 late in the second half when the opposition tires.

And I also agree that Matai would be better suited at Lock than Burns (as long as he can stop the brain snaps)

No Byso, that's not it at all.

My point, which you keep ignoring, is that we should put our best 17 on the park. You do this by drawing up the list of names and then figuring out where to put them. This may cause some unorthodoxy in selections but a smart coaching staff can come up with a game plan to suit, as the Tigers proved a few years ago.

And before you try to pull this apart by saying that we'd have six halfbacks & seven backrowers on the field, I am of course taking common sense into accout.

So in conclusion, if we have to put him somewhere (which I believe we do), then I don't find lock an unreasonable option. If someone has a better solution, that's cool. As long as you can consider it to be one possibility.

byso cant consider anything beyond his own blinkered opinion unfortunately, as everyone who is just chatting about this topic has found out.

Nutz, Yeah I've realised that, you sure don't see as many players with Mullets anymore. ;)

Duff, yeah the ideas a possibility. I can't wait for the day he's listed in the starting side at 13.

Pepsi, well you're just a **** knuckle so you are hardly worth replying to :)

From todays papers it looks like Burns is gone north anyway. Can't figure out why we'd let him go.

yet again Byso simply answers an argument with an insult. Debating with insults rather than answers is a fantastic sign of simple ignorance Byso.

Well as it pans out, we can all see what the club thinks of Travis' ability to be a 5/8 in the long term. Hes done a great job, but its onwards and upwards for the club now.

He would be awesome utility back up, but i guess he wants better than Utility money which is fare enough on his behalf if he can get it.

As I have said we have too much money tied up in the halves/hooker positions . 5 into 3 didnt go so there was always going to be some casualties.

We have Lyon and the Cowboys have an aging Smith, if i was a 5/8 and a Queenslander I know where i would go. They dont really need a flash 5/8 with the stars they already have on the paddock

agree, he ads incredible depth but i guess, as with monaghs, its hard to keep players of that quality as "depth" they are starting quality players.

yet again Byso simply answers an argument with an insult. Debating with insults rather than answers is a fantastic sign of simple ignorance Byso.

Pepsi you come out with the boring "blinkers" comment time after time, so stop carrying on like a poof when I call you a **** knuckel.

Back on track though, it would be a shame to see him go. But we simply have to many good players. In his possition. From what I hear he's after $200k +.
The club may not be able to fit that in.

$200k + is too much imo. If you all moaned about Monas getting that you should be blowing up at Burns for asking this.

Yep, that a ridiculous price. Considering he really hasn't proven that he will be our answer at 5/8th.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6