Travelling Supportahs luncheon and FC function

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Around 35 gathered at the Sea la Vie restaurant in Dee Why for the Travelling Supportahs luncheon on Saturday which was organized by Mark Tramby from Ambassador Holidays and a fine time was had by all.

Mark was unfortunately unable to attend as he needed to be on-duty early Sunday morning in Bris Vegas to get things sorted for the semis (wherever that may have been at that stage) so yours truly was there to do the meet and greet etc.

Great to see so many who had traveled from interstate (Mackay, Brissie etc.) and from further afield in NSW…Dubbo, The Hunter, The Blue Mountains, Mudgee, Central Coast, Bathurst, Forster and even Randwick!

Aaron popped along to say G’day despite game days being manic for him and our club Patron Kerry Sibraa was given a resounding cheer when he turned up to say Hi to everyone and to thank them for their support.

Aaron read out a thank you message from Mark which finished with MY GARDEN SHED being sung with gusto (which attracted a fair bit of positive feedback by the passing locals!)

Miss Kate won the raffle (a Sea Eagles goody bag filled with caps, T shirts, stickers and other Eagley stuff)

An excellent meal of sea food, huge hunks of beef and roast potatoes and salads helped line the stomach for what was going to be a very long day for some.

Things wrapped up around 3pm and everyone was sorted out with rides back to the club with most people planning to attend the Football Club function at 5.00

A good turn out of members and ex-players then had a couple of drinks at happy hour prices, Booed Cameron Smith every time he appeared on the TV as we kept an eye on the Storm game and generally felt the Manly “Luuuurve” as they chatted to board members and the likes of Cliffy Lyons prior to game time.

Especially great to see Terry Randall there who said a few words and answered a few questions from the FC Chairman Bob Reilly for the group.

Melinda Gainsford Taylor (Who looked absolutely stunning!) then said a few words on behalf of the Eagles Angels before another raffle was drawn (one of the prizes was a white Eagles polo shirt that had been signed by all of the ex-players in attendance) and again Miss Kate was a winner…Hmmmm….something going on there methinks?

Off to the game and great to see the boys in fine form and the celebrations went long and hard back at the club to end what was such a brilliant day.

Good to catch up with a fair few of you who post on here and will of course look forward to seeing many of you in Melbourne next week

Thanks for the update Vidmar - sounds like a successful day.

I hear on the grapevine there was a couple of signs that got their first 'airing' at the footy club function?

Thanks for filling in for me Vid and boy did I need to be in Brisbane yesterday.

Just some stats from "my fathers day" at home.

First call to my mobile came at 7.40am yesterday (Sunday) morning
Last call to my mobile came at 8.55pm, just 5 minutes before the official "close off" on the package.
In between I answered 127 calls on my mobile and made between 90-100 calls on my landline.
The biggest number of "messages" at any one time during the day (left when I was talking on the mobile) was 11.
My battery was almost flat when the first call came in and I charged the battery TWICE during the day.

It was sheer, absolute MADNESS!!

GOD HELP MY MOBILE BILL!!

As a result we have around 80 all up going to Melbourne, so considering the very short notice it's a pretty good number.

I am very pleased that the Travelling Supportahs enjoyed their lunch, and dissapointed I couldn't make it down.

And Matabele will be pleased to note that there wasn't a free sandwich to be seen anywhere, everyone paid $45.00 to attend, and I DO mean everyone!!!

'Twas a great day and a lot of fun so shame you couldn't make it Mark...sounds like some Fathers day!

Lots of calls, texts and emails going around at present with people making plans for Friday/Saturday so will be great and we'll have a reasonable number of the regulars travelling down especially considering the numbers who travelled there just a couple of weeks ago, then came to Brookie this week and then off again Friday so we're doing our bit and hope the team do the same!

Wheel...yes this site has now spawned some new signs that were unveiled at the FC function at the leagues, Not the "We are the Silvertails" but rather "Vidmar where's my sandwich?" and "Lazy, Sloppy, Rubbish!" (Which of course wasn't needed....) LOL

lol a sign that says "where's my sandwhich" gold

Dan link said:
lol a sign that says \"where's my sandwhich\" gold

Word is that Vidmar's jaw almost hit the ground when he saw it in the club.

Nah Wheel - that was Manly Backer being creative exaggerating.........

You know it would take a fair bit more than that to leave me speechless LOL

Brookie Greg turned up with a backpack and I was asking him if it was containing the "humble pie" and he showed me the signs and then flashed them when I was at the bar getting the beers in.

Very clever I thought and had a good old grin (as did Peter Bryant and Damian Smith)...

One thing that wasn't posted was when I was asked by one recent arrival from the Gold Coast who now lives in this parish (regular poster will know who I'm talking about especially if I mention a pizza connection?) as to "where are the sandwiches Vid" I gently guided him over to the aforementioned board members and told him here was his chance to quiz board members themselves...his face and the squirming that followed was a classic moment - sorry mate I couldn't resist it!!! (very Vicki Pollard LOL!!!)

Really good event considering it was the first for a while but we will of course be looking at others seeing as how this one went so well and we had a fair few show up

vidmar link said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. :) Not often you see Vid stopped in his tracks! The first reaction was "did I just read that", then came "OMG, it really does say that", then the blood drained from a certain face for about a second, somebody picked up their jaw, and then they may have recovered by nursing a beer. But my eyesight is crap so it may have never happened ;)

vidmar link said:

Brookie Greg turned up with a backpack and I was asking him if it was containing the \"humble pie\" and he showed me the signs and then flashed them when I was at the bar getting the beers in.

Very clever I thought and had a good old grin (as did Peter Bryant and Damian Smith)...

One thing that wasn't posted was when I was asked by one recent arrival from the Gold Coast who now lives in this parish (regular poster will know who I'm talking about especially if I mention a pizza connection?) as to \"where are the sandwiches Vid\" I gently guided him over to the aforementioned board members and told him here was his chance to quiz board members themselves...his face and the squirming that followed was a classic moment - sorry mate I couldn't resist it!!! (very Vicki Pollard LOL!!!)

Really good event considering it was the first for a while but we will of course be looking at others seeing as how this one went so well and we had a fair few show up
gees your full of it :p
id actually meet peter a few times u silly old bugger and we agreed turkish is better.
I was most impressed by Damien Smith he seems to have quite a few good ideas

vidmar link said:
MB you scallywag....!
Glad you had a good time mate, see you soon no doubt
Will do. I still don't know when the funeral will be this week so I have had to say no to Mark.  :(

Bugger not only did I miss the lunch I DID miss free sandwiches!!

Seriously I hope the last home game "End of Season Travelling Supportahs Lunch and Football Club Get Together" become annual events.

I am sure I can twist Bob Reilly's arms to give away some more free sanga's AND anyone that's been on one of my trips will be welcome along to next years Travelling Supportahs end of season lunch / get together / piss up!! (but at a cost)

Well looks like I will be in Sydney for the last semi and the grand final......I am hoping to get to one of the 2 games, and maybe going to down to the leagues club. I am hoping for a Free Chicken Shcnitty instead of sangas though.....cheers
Dan

gees your full of it :p
id actually meet peter a few times u silly old bugger and we agreed turkish is better.
I was most impressed by Damien Smith he seems to have quite a few good ideas

G'day mate, yes for what it's worth I'm very happy with the people on the board of the FC and there is a good mix of skills from a wide area of commerce and industry with of course a smattering of political nouse/clout and networks all of which helps.

Top that with the fact that everyone on that board is giving of their own spare time in support of the club and I reckon that collectively we can do some good things to support our club now and ensure longe term survival.

The FC function was pretty good, it was great to see Max Krilich, the great Cliffy and also the original Igor all present and looking very healthy. Melinda looked exceptionally healthy. I also enjoyed meeting several members I never met before. The happy hour prices were a bit of a concern though, I had to watch a replay of the game yesterday to work out exactly what happened.
I do recall a very large Quantum mascot walking past and obscuring our front row view on a few occasions. I told my daughter don't worry, Wolfman will score right near us in the second half. Sure enough, he did!  

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6