Transport for Finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi, Anyone know if there are any plans afoot for free buses/trains from the northern beaches when the Manly Minor Premiers travel to town to host a final at our opponent's home ground?

@"MWSE Membership"
@vidmar

Public transport is so the way to go.

Yeah, I realise there aren't trains from the beaches, but you know what I mean (hopefully)

You people are treading a fine line here, topic is not finals opponent or venue, it is free transport!

Lol
May not affect me anyway, I'm temporarily relocated to blue mountains area until after footy season. But been bussing and training round city last couple of days for training and it's so much easier than driving. Also took me an hour to exit car park at Homebush recently.

The NRL should be making arrangements to help Manly fans get to these games, they've taken our home ground advantage so it's the least they could do.

Transport will probably depend on when/where we play I guess.

Usually games at Homebush allow free transport if you have a valid match ticket - games at the SFS or SCG don't - But that is always open to change I guess?

If you look here http://www.transportnsw.info/ and enter NRL in the search box on that page (top right) it will give you an example of the inf published to help people to get to and from the game?

Living in Pennant Hills I find it a bit easier to get one bus to Homebush when free transport is included but would still prefer to see us play at the SFS. Our win/loss record there is better as well :)

Free buses would be handy from the Leagues Club if we played on the Friday at the SFS. Also handy for people who work in the city, don't have to worry about making arrangements on getting home, just jump straight on the bus.

You would think the NRL would cover the cost for all games at the SFS for the bus ride from Central to the ground!

vidmar said:

Usually games at Homebush allow free transport if you have a valid match ticket - games at the SFS or SCG don't - But that is always open to change I guess?

If you look here http://www.transportnsw.info/ and enter NRL in the search box on that page (top right) it will give you an example of the inf published to help people to get to and from the game?
Thanks Vidmar, still on the ball, good to see ;)
Although that link currently only has info about upcoming matches, couldn't see anything about free tickets, just route and timetable info.
Free transport included for Homebush tickets is great, but a pity (for Manly fans) if that's not extended to SFS.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
vidmar said:

Thanks Vidmar, still on the ball, good to see ;)
Although that link currently only has info about upcoming matches, couldn't see anything about free tickets, just route and timetable info.
Free transport included for Homebush tickets is great, but a pity (for Manly fans) if that's not extended to SFS.

http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/events/2014/08/nrl-bulldogs-v-tigers.page?

There'll be no info on the semi's because the date/time/venue has not been decided as yet?

The link above was for last nights game at Homebush

it say's (and I quote...)
Special information
•Valid pre-purchased match tickets include travel to ANZ Stadium on train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog stations).
•Remember to keep your match ticket safe for your journey home, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport.
•If you don’t already have a ticket to the event, you'll need to purchase a ticket to travel on public transport.

I guess the SFS has so many travel options compared to Homebush they don't extend the free travel to that venue.

Not sure what will happen come finals time though as yet - rest assured once we know we'll make it widely known?

Cheers

Whatever happens with finals the one guarantee is that the Northern beaches will get shafted with public transport as it has been since federation.

Seriously people, you're getting ahead of yourselves. How can they arrange transport when none of the details are known yet?

Anyone please know if buses will be available or provided to Allianz for us on Saturday night?

Same as last week I presume
Buses going from the club.

I caught them both to and back from the game and could of not worked better.

If they offer them again on Saturday and f I intend to go out to the game then I will be using them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4