1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transport for Finals

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SeaEagleRock8, Aug 22, 2014.

1. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Hi, Anyone know if there are any plans afoot for free buses/trains from the northern beaches when the Manly Minor Premiers travel to town to host a final at our opponent's home ground?

@"MWSE Membership"
    @vidmar

Public transport is so the way to go.
    [hr]
    Yeah, I realise there aren't trains from the beaches, but you know what I mean (hopefully)

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'm hoping we play at the SFS week 1 and not ANZ.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    We'll probably play the Roosters at THEIR home ground for OUR home final

• Like Like x 1
  4. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    I would prefer that than playing the Bulldogs at theirs.

5. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    You people are treading a fine line here, topic is not finals opponent or venue, it is free transport!

6. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Get on topic

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,766 / 258
    Who cares, just watch it on TV....that's what Chan Nein want anyway!!

8. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Lol
    May not affect me anyway, I'm temporarily relocated to blue mountains area until after footy season. But been bussing and training round city last couple of days for training and it's so much easier than driving. Also took me an hour to exit car park at Homebush recently.

The NRL should be making arrangements to help Manly fans get to these games, they've taken our home ground advantage so it's the least they could do.

9. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Transport will probably depend on when/where we play I guess.

Usually games at Homebush allow free transport if you have a valid match ticket - games at the SFS or SCG don't - But that is always open to change I guess?

If you look here http://www.transportnsw.info/ and enter NRL in the search box on that page (top right) it will give you an example of the inf published to help people to get to and from the game?

10. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Living in Pennant Hills I find it a bit easier to get one bus to Homebush when free transport is included but would still prefer to see us play at the SFS. Our win/loss record there is better as well :)

11. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Free buses would be handy from the Leagues Club if we played on the Friday at the SFS. Also handy for people who work in the city, don't have to worry about making arrangements on getting home, just jump straight on the bus.

You would think the NRL would cover the cost for all games at the SFS for the bus ride from Central to the ground!

12. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Thanks Vidmar, still on the ball, good to see ;)
    Although that link currently only has info about upcoming matches, couldn't see anything about free tickets, just route and timetable info.
    Free transport included for Homebush tickets is great, but a pity (for Manly fans) if that's not extended to SFS.

13. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    http://www.transportnsw.info/en/transport-status/events/2014/08/nrl-bulldogs-v-tigers.page?

There'll be no info on the semi's because the date/time/venue has not been decided as yet?

The link above was for last nights game at Homebush

it say's (and I quote...)
    Special information
    •Valid pre-purchased match tickets include travel to ANZ Stadium on train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog stations).
    •Remember to keep your match ticket safe for your journey home, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport.
    •If you don’t already have a ticket to the event, you'll need to purchase a ticket to travel on public transport.

I guess the SFS has so many travel options compared to Homebush they don't extend the free travel to that venue.

Not sure what will happen come finals time though as yet - rest assured once we know we'll make it widely known?

Cheers

14. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,753 / 57
    Whatever happens with finals the one guarantee is that the Northern beaches will get shafted with public transport as it has been since federation.

15. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Finals are much better at Homebush or SFS. Plenty of room and space.

16. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +178 / 2
    Seriously people, you're getting ahead of yourselves. How can they arrange transport when none of the details are known yet?

17. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +980 / 5
    Anyone please know if buses will be available or provided to Allianz for us on Saturday night?

18. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Classic it's easier to get to the game from dungog or Bathurst than Mona vale.

19. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +986 / 56
    Same as last week I presume
    Buses going from the club.

I caught them both to and back from the game and could of not worked better.

If they offer them again on Saturday and f I intend to go out to the game then I will be using them.