TRADE OFF WITH TITANS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What does everyone think about having your 6 and 7 playing side by side again, like the old days when attacking. A couple of the commentators brought it up during the Friday night game.

I think I might like to see that again. Surely it would bamboozle the opposition. They wouldn't be in 2 minds about what is going to happen, they'd be in about 5 minds! Having a half on either side makes for some predictable plays sometimes, that are easy to read, and shut down.

Thoughts? I'd like to hear your thoughts @Technical Coach
Having left and right players maintains better structure in terms of having a ballplaying option at all times when an opportunity presents itself on either side. Too much floating around can lead to the wrong players getting the ball if your ballplayers are out of position leading to either sideways movement, slow poor not crisp/direct delivery or taking the wrong option.

On the other hand it has it's negative points in relation to one sided ballplayers who only have a variety of passes going one way who don't float around and count numbers becoming predictable and missing opportunities.

Foran and DCE as their games started to mature, improved levels of confidence and developing more rounded composed ballplaying were increasing the level of playing tighter together each year and even floating around more---- a pity we are not going to see this develop over the coming years.

Having left and right players maintains better structure in terms of having a ballplaying option at all times when an opportunity presents itself on either side. Too much floating around can lead to the wrong players getting the ball if your ballplayers are out of position leading to either sideways movement, slow poor not crisp/direct delivery or taking the wrong option.

On the other hand it has it's negative points in relation to one sided ballplayers who only have a variety of passes going one way who don't float around and count numbers becoming predictable and missing opportunities.

Foran and DCE as their games started to mature, improved levels of confidence and developing more rounded composed ballplaying were increasing the level of playing tighter together each year and even floating around more---- a pity we are not going to see this develop over the coming years.

Cheers, TC!! :)

He how i would work it they want dce, give us egly, nate myles and ryan james.
The other 2 great players but looking at bans in greg bird and dave taylor.

My problem with the swap is its changing the sign a year out thing to kick up a stink and bail on the last year of your contract. Choc did it. Of course he thinks DCE should do it too. It's just setting a bad standard, even if we get something in return.

The package back would have to be significant to overlook this.

I took the time to watch the Titans this weekend. Just to see how the 5/8 and halfback would go.

They both seemed Ok to me.

Suggestion: Why not go to the Titans and exchange DCE for Mortimer (an experienced player who won't have a position next year.) Try and get Mortimer now on a three year contract.

Also try and pick their 5/8 Aidan Sezer. With the view of picking him up next year on a three year contract.

This way the club would not be having to negotiate with two players off contract at the same time.

Together, they'd both be cheaper than DCE what was getting.

They both seem solid at the moment.
As a side that needs to move forward then Daniel Mortimer is not the answer. He has played 104 games in 6 seasons at three different clubs. Most of those I would guess would be off the bench as well. I think we need to invest in the future and sign a young up and coming halfback. To me it would make sense to grab someone young now whilst we have Joey on the coaching staff. Our troubles are not as bad as some clubs. Take Melbourne for example. What are they going to do when Slater, Smith and Cronk retire??? They will all go around the same time and then Melbourne will need to replace the whole spine. That can't find a number 6 for love nor money and have got by on the big 3. Invest in the future now. We have some great talent in the NYC and we need to blood these players throughout the year. As for Greg Bird, f@$k me. If we need to go to him to help us then we are in real strife. He's had domestic violence issues, drug issues, urinating on a police car and that's just his off field crap.... Oh hang on wasn't that his mate from the golf course that did all that????

My problem with the swap is its changing the sign a year out thing to kick up a stink and bail on the last year of your contract. Choc did it. Of course he thinks DCE should do it too. It's just setting a bad standard, even if we get something in return.

The package back would have to be significant to overlook this.

Yeah, if he's allowed to go now it just makes the whole process even more of a mockery than it's already been. The side has trained and prepared for him to play at halfback. Make him see out his contract.

Yeah, if he's allowed to go now it just makes the whole process even more of a mockery than it's already been. The side has trained and prepared for him to play at halfback. Make him see out his contract.
There is something to be said for gaining some value for him. We know he's going may as well get something rather than coming up empty handed

I like DCE as a player and still believe he holds the key to us making the 8 this year.

The Titans may make a play for him this year if Bird is sacked. At present the Titans board has meet the players and is due to give their "verdict" in next day or 2. If they can find grounds to dismiss Bird they may very well do so. This will give them a spare spot on their roster and freed up funds in their cap.
If Manly wants to bite the bullet and let DCE leave it will take some horse trading.
On the surface we know and expect DCE to give his all this year (well an acceptable effort) but there is the Foz issue. Maybe slightly easier to resign him if DCE goes now. Just a thought.

The horse trade would have to be worthwhile.

This is his last chance in at least 3-4 years to win another title, by then he will be 30ish. Motivation should not be a problem.

Part of me wants him to stay here and suffer, playing with people who hate him, walking down the streets of manly getting bagged by the locals, he will be hating Manly. But lets face it - this is not a professional approach for ongoing success of the football team.
Plan b, offload him and pick up Elgey and have some cash to purchace anyone else that may come up - like a burgess, and retain foran

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4