Tough year, but Wolfman learns to be patient

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
DAVID Williams is not a happy spectator, which is why the popular Manly winger has endured his toughest year in top grade this season.

Injured Manly winger David Williams helps launch reading program Rugby League Reads at Manly Village Public School.

Eight weeks after undergoing a full reconstruction of his right shoulder, Williams has admitted he is no chance of returning to the field this year.
But the Wolfman is determined to return to the form that made him the success story of 2008, after struggling all last season as a result of the World Club Challenge at the beginning of the year.
“I’ve been having trouble with it since (the WCC in) England, so it’s good to have it over and done with,” Williams, who was hampered by injuries before he cracked first grade, told The Manly Daily on Wednesday.
“It seems like I only had one good year out of three. Last year when I popped it, I struggled with it all year as well. It will be good by November so I’ll have a strong preseason and get back from there.”
The injury, which has cruelled his season, happened in the final training session before round one.
“I popped it the first time before round one and I had eight weeks rehab and it was coming along strongly, but I had a contact test and popped it again. So there was no point doing that all year and doing rehab again with the place it was in the season.
“This time around it’s going well again. I’m about eight weeks into rehab and I need some more time, but it’s all progressing quite nicely.”
And the 23-year-old is pleased with the progress of his teammates.
“They’ve been up and down a bit, but it’s only been themselves (to blame),” he said. “They haven’t been beaten, it’s more than they’ve beaten themselves.
“With the performance they put on the weekend they showed a lot of confidence and it’s a good time of the year to come good with the finals almost here.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6