Tough times to continue for Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

INCOMING Manly chief operating officer David Perry knows what is required when it comes to successfully running an NRL club.

On the Dragons’ books a little over three years, he has thrived in their culture of success on and off the field - which makes his shrewd appointment all the more exciting for Sea Eagles fans.
The 41-year-old has genuine links to the area, having played in the A-grade competition with Christian Brothers.
With fans yearning for another premiership at Brookvale Oval, Perry hopes to secure coach Des Hasler and brilliant teenager Will Hopoate to long-term deals.
“I’m yet to meet both guys, but it will definitely be a priority,” he said.
“I would like to think I’ve served my apprenticeship with the Dragons.
“I was fortunate to be surrounded by great leadership across the board.
“It was difficult to leave, but this was an opportunity I couldn’t let slip by. I understand the pressures that will accompany the role, but that was part of the appeal.”
Perry will begin his tenure on June 14.
Heading into Monday night’s home clash with Canberra, Blues great Garry Jack is confident that Brett Stewart can overcome the mental drain of continually being injured and return to his best.
Stewart is being tipped to end a month-long stint on the sidelines and line up against Country number one Josh Dugan.
“He’s just got to be patient and not rush it,” Jack said.
“It’s not going to happen overnight. He’s just got to keep working hard and make sure his body is right.
“The bones and ligaments heal; it’s just the mental side of it - it takes its toll on your confidence.”
Prop Jason King is unlikely to take part because of a rib injury, while second-rower Anthony Watmough is expected to line up.
Hasler will settle on his final 17 closer to kick-off, with representative players Will Hopoate (City), Glenn Stewart (Country) and Kieran Foran (New Zealand) to be monitored following last night’s games.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/new-chief-brings-culture-of-success-and-passion-for-job/

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4