Total and complete plot loss by the Officials - this must change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bazeagle

Bencher
Today we all saw a total and complete plot loss by the officials. The on field officials MUST have the power to make decisions that put player safety FIRST. Fai'oso should have been off and being treated the second he staggered around like a drunk. NRL standard Rugby league is a hugely physical contact sport. Its ESSENTIAL the NRL act to put player safety first. What happens if a player dies?
Seriously.

BAZ link said:
Today we all saw a total and complete plot loss by the officials. The on field officials MUST have the power to make decisions that put player safety FIRST. Fai'oso should have been off and being treated the second he staggered around like a drunk. NRL standard Rugby league is a hugely physical contact sport. Its ESSENTIAL the NRL act to put player safety first. What happens if a player dies?
Seriously.

I completely agree. I am certain this will change.

Not sure if this is 100% correct but I thought he couldn't go off due to a rules technicality that you can't replace a player when there's a scrum to set. Anyhow couldn't agree more how ridiculous it is. Even all the Manly supporters were wincing at the sight of an opposition player so concussed he fell on his face 3 times in a row and then tried to knock away his own trainer. A sad sight hope the guy is ok tonight.

Totally agree.  And it is the ridiculous rule that you can't sub a player when a scrum is called.  Whoever was the brainchild of that rule should be shot.

cf2 is back link said:
Not sure if this is 100% correct but I thought he couldn't go off due to a rules technicality that you can't replace a player when there's a scrum to set. Anyhow couldn't agree more how ridiculous it is. Even all the Manly supporters were wincing at the sight of an opposition player so concussed he fell on his face 3 times in a row and then tried to knock away his own trainer. A sad sight hope the guy is ok tonight.

Yeah Richie Fai'oso really did look terrible when he got that concusion, like he really was staggering like a horrible drunk. HOwever he did get better and come back on to the field later in the game.

You really do like your moderator power don't you Jatz. I couldn't care less if there's 50 threads posted on this topic. I'm not a medical person but what I saw yesterday is unforgivable. Fa'oso could have suffered a very serious injury beyond what was clearly a major concussion. We're talking brain damage mate.
What happened yesterday is a farce and very upsetting to me. Get a reality check mate. I care about player's health and safety. You seem to care about being pedantic. Joke.

BAZ link said:
You really do like your moderator power don't you Jatz. I couldn't care less if there's 50 threads posted on this topic. I'm not a medical person but what I saw yesterday is unforgivable. Fa'oso could have suffered a very serious injury beyond what was clearly a major concussion. We're talking brain damage mate.
What happened yesterday is a farce and very upsetting to me. Get a reality check mate. I care about player's health and safety. You seem to care about being pedantic. Joke.

Calm down sport. I was simply advising that there was another thread on the topic made earlier and with more posts/info in it about this same topic.

As can be seen, I didnt delete the thread or even merge it, so that quite clearly demonstrates no pedantic nature or misuse my "powers (LOL)" as you call it.

There is no censorship or over bearing moderators here. It would have to be the most open, easy going site on the net, so sit back down & grow the f*ck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7