Top of the Props

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Reading the SMH Sports page that Ricky Sturat's top prop picks for Origin selection include Manly's Lussick. That should fire up the others if nothing else does.
Woods, Lussick, Mannah, Douglas, Snowden, Lahrs, Merrin, Weyman and Hunt and Tamau.

Ricky hasnt seen much footy this year I take it.

Woods, Lussick, Mannah, Douglas and Snowden have all been very average.

Its no surprise to me that Cronulla are now winning games without these 2 overrated hacks. just because a player can do 25 tackles and 20 hitups means nothing. Its all about quality.

I know that Ricky absolutely loves Tom Learoyd-Lars. I like his aggression but his hands make Choc look like Cliffy. The collision between him and Tariq Sims on Monday night was huge.

I've always thought Dan Hunt was the best of the Dragons props but most of the wraps usually go to Weyman or Merrin, although both haven't been too bad this year.

I thought Tamou (Cowboys player) was a kiwi?

Yes but no doubt it will also up his contract expectations.
I am not really understanding the lack of effort being put in by our props, none of them making even 100m is a joke. The pressure was obviously on Kingy against parra, being the only captain etc etc and he put the extra effort in and makes 130m. Well why can't he and put in and do that every week along with our other soo/internationals/premiership props. They are obviously capable, so does it mean they are unwilling right now?

Talking about origin, I was reading that Tariq Simms was born in Gerringong, does anybody know if he's a Blue or a canetoad. ?

manlyfan. said:
Talking about origin, I was reading that Tariq Simms was born in Gerringong, does anybody know if he's a Blue or canetoad. ?

Definitely a Blue. Sims and T-Rex on the bench for the blues spells brown underpants for the Qlders!

Galloway is back, and he is certainly better than most of the props mentioned.
Strange, also, that there is no mention of King, who has been our best prop this season.

Lussick will probably suit origin. Just play the tough up the guts knees and elbows raised style

King might have burn his bridges already on SOO.

Merrin has been a workhorse off the bench for the goons this year and could get a run if we balance it with Trex and sims.

Given Gallen can play well at prop and we have many backrowers able to jump in then he has to be the first prop picked.

Masked Eagle said:
manlyfan. said:
Talking about origin, I was reading that Tariq Simms was born in Gerringong, does anybody know if he's a Blue or canetoad. ?

Definitely a Blue. Sims and T-Rex on the bench for the blues spells brown underpants for the Qlders!

Thanks for heads up Masked Eagle, with all of Queensland's shady practices I thought they'de try an do an Inglis on us.

And yes, Gallen, T-Rex and Simms should give us enormous go forward.

I can hear the war cry already if young Lussick is in the squad.

Old Tommy shouting out - cattle dog! cattle dog! cattle dog! :)

If its picked on form me and Darcy have the same chances of being named.

Firstly, I am a vocal critic of SOO and how at affects the competition. That aside, I think NSW are a huge chance this year. I think the halves will be Pearce & Carney because of their previous combination at the Chooks. I think the following team is the right blend of players that can really do the job.

1 Morris / Hayne
2 Hayne / Morris
3 Jennings
4 Lawrence
5 Uate
6 Carney
7 Pearce
8 Weyman
9 Buderis
10 TLL
11 Lewis
12 Stewart
13 Gallen
14 Watmough
15 Williams
16 Sims
17 Hunt

My winning blues team would go as follows

1. B Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Lawrence
4. Morris
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Carney
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11.Watmough
12.Williams
13.G Stewart

14. Snowden
15. TLL
16. A Sims
17. Buderus

Better backs than QLD,poor halves but Mr 40-20 is a must for origin as is Carney because we have nobody else,Buderus to come on at 60 minutes to relieve Ennis

The backrow ****s all over anything QLD can produce but the front row has no depth whatsoever

as a QLD supporter, the thought of ricky/people leaving t-rex out of their NSW team makes me happy :) !!!

Brookie said:
as a QLD supporter, the thought of ricky/people leaving t-rex out of their NSW team makes me happy :) !!!

Ummmm, T-Rex is also know as Williams.......Tony Williams

Ralphie said:
Brookie said:

Yes that's true Ralphie, but he was not mentioned in the Ricky list that DSM5 posted at Post: #1
DSM5 said:
Reading the SMH Sports page that Ricky Sturat's top prop picks for Origin selection include Manly's Lussick. That should fire up the others if nothing else does.
Woods, Lussick, Mannah, Douglas, Snowden, Lahrs, Merrin, Weyman and Hunt and Tamau.

Jethro said:
Ralphie said:
Brookie said:

Yes that's true Ralphie, but he was not mentioned in the Ricky list that DSM5 posted at Post: #1
DSM5 said:

Sorry, I thought it was a response to the YARTS above.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6