Top of the heap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Win today and we will most likely be leading the comp for the 1st time in a very long time !! Good incentive for the lads.

Win would take us to 8 points, and only the winner of Melbourne v Gold Coast could get to 8 points with us and we are a fair way up on differential

Don't we need to win by a heap, like nearly 50pts? I'll just be happy to see us win, rather than think about closing the margin for top of the table.

Hamster Huey said:
Don't we need to win by a heap, like nearly 50pts? I'll just be happy to see us win, rather than think about closing the margin for top of the table.

No we just need to win by any margin, we will be the only team on 4 wins if we do, the winner of the Storm vs Titans match will also be on 4 wins but they have a worse differential.

When was the last time we were top of the table? I seem to remember 2007 we had a really good start and actually played Melbourne in a top of the table clash (which we won 13-12 thanks to an Ox field goal) at about Rd 10 or 11.

torana355 said:
Hamster Huey said:

No we just need to win by any margin, we will be the only team on 4 wins if we do, the winner of the Storm vs Titans match will also be on 4 wins but they have a worse differential.

Thanks, Torana. Read the table and mis-labelled 'Played' and 'Won' in my mind.

I think a win (fingers crossed) places us on the top of the table for the first time since the end of 2008!!! Have I got that one right? :)

Whats makes it even more impressive is we have done it playing the top teams. Good times, Enjoy it.

and lets not forget the game we gave away round 1...

we deserve to be on the top of the table , in any case...

Las Vegas Blvd said:
panash said:
and lets not forget the game we gave away round 1...

we deserve to be on the top of the table , in any case...

I havent forgotton almost getting beaten by Parra at home

yes that is true.... however playing horribly and winning you could say is impressive.. that day if we played well would of been 19+

^ agreed. These types of 'chicken before hatch' threads are totally awesome.

So who's in for buying our 2014 premiers jerseys tomorrow?

Looks pretty funny now, based on this performance will be flat out making the top 8 BUT, I feel it's "just one of those days".

They'll be back, bigger and stronger!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7