Top 8 2011 With Results

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
All Standings are Barring injury/suspension and general disarray in public

1.Roosters (Good Combinations all over the park)
2.Souths (Forwards will carry Sandow who will get bathed in media glory)
3.Manly (2 Speedy international outside backs back,Foran will carry DCE early)
4.Warriors (Mixed bag,dont know how they will,but they will)
5.Saints (Steady decline from the signing of Gasnier taking up to much cap)
6.Melbourne (Will be back in finals calculations after cutting Inglis and cap)
7.Eels (Provided Ox Signs with Eels,they will be there)
8.Penrith (Still competive however cap is squeezing talent out)

Week 1
Roosters D Penrith (Dont stand a chance,to much class)
Souths L Eels (Orford schools Sandow who feigns injury to get off the field)
Manly D Melbourne (Close game with a heartstopping ending)
Warriors D Saints (Warriors forwards to big,to much size)

Week 2
Souths L Warriors (The choke continues,Warriors match in size and will be found wanting)

Eels L Saints (Not even the mighty Ox can save them,JRod gets caught out big time by Soward and Boyd)

Week 3

Manly D Warriors (To much skill and in Australia)
Roosters D Saints  (Will make up for last years crap they served in GF)

GF
Roosters L Manly 16-34
Preffered result is the end of Brian Smiths career at Roosters
They are infact our bitch

i also dnt think melb will finish that low either .. melb 4th saints 5th  warriors out of there & roosters wont be as lucky as this yr.. i see you dnt even mention titans i knw they wont win it but they have been in the top 8 2 seasons in a row,, my roughie for 8th spot is actually sharks  dnt ask me why i just get that feeling..

We will be lucky to make to 8 next year. Tigers also to be in the finals 8 somewhere as well and also possibly Newcastle and the dogs

Wow...someone needs to get a hobby.

If we are top 4 next year I'll be a very happy camper, but I can't see it myself.

I can see us (just) making the 8, top 4 would be a surprise and very doubtful of a GF win in the rebuilding stage.

But if any of the above takes place, much like ANT I'll be a happy camper as well

If Easts make the GF a second year they will win it, just as we did in 2008 and Penrith did 1991??

I know Balmain lost 2 in a row, but usually the pain of the year before drives teams to win.

I agree Ralphie...and despite all the Hoop La I doubt the Dragons will win back to back for the same reason.

I cannot see the roosters making the grand final this year.  

In reality they shouldn't have beaten the tigers in the semi final this year and won't have the same amount of luck and injuree free time next year.

Plus Brian Smith coached teams usually lose the initial excitement of his coaching after the first year.  

Then there is always the Nick Politis syndrome. If they don't win it next year Smith and the team will be under so much pressure the following year that an implosion will occur.

As usual it will probably be a 2-3 game split between say 3rd-10th.  We'll be in there somewhere.

Just depends if we win the tight ones and don't drop any easy games where in there we finish. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6