1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 5 highest paid players

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mozgrame, Nov 3, 2012.

1. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,607 / 46
    Just read this on zero tackle.

A list of the highest paid players in the NRL. Contract values are based on reported figures and as such, cannot be viewed as being 100% accurate. Only players with reported contract values are listed. If you have information on the contract values for other players, let us know.

WILLIAMS, Sonny Bill
    Roosters
    ✔($850K)

INGLIS, Greg
    Rabbitohs
    ✔($700K)

THURSTON, Johnathan
    Cowboys
    ✔($700K)

DUGAN, Josh
    Raiders
    ✔($650K)

FORAN, Kieran
    Sea Eagles
    ✔($650K)

Depending on the SBW deal, Foz is the 4th/5th highest paid player in the game. WOW!

2. Mal Cochrane

Mal Cochrane I'm not really Mal Cochrane...

Ratings:
    +442 / 4
    Not worth it...yet...

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Hoppa will be on $850 when he comes back

4. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Hopefully he is healthy and right to go next season because he definitely had a below par season this year!

5. mmmdl

mmmdl Active Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 2
    Where are Cam Smith and Billy Slater on that list? Still being paid under the table obviously, cause I thought they were being paid on the 2nd contracts they signed, and surely they are bigger than 650k. No wonder they were able to allegedly get under the cap so easily.

• Like Like x 1
  6. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    i'm probably wrong but i thought that the $850,000 was a total for both hoppa boys & as well as a job for john the finger hoppa.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,607 / 46
    That could be right. The list has Hoppa (Will) on 500k for seasons 2014/15.

8. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    I believe you will find the Hayne train/plane is also on 650k.
    Between Hoppa, Hayne & Falau theres 2 million a season +, IF Falau ends up there....
    Wonder what Dogs were prepared to pay For Foz if he is on THAT money at Manly. Another example of their limitless salary cap resources....

9. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Barba and Hayne will be on the list shortly.

10. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    when did mundine leave the NRL?
    he was on $675k per year when he finished.
    i thought wages would be more these days?

11. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    Add sandow and lusick which gives you almost another million. Doesn't leave much for the other 20 players in the squad

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Gees big pay packets. Hope they have a financial planner or solid education as a back up as it wont last forever

13. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Dont get me wrong our halves are good , but not as good as the money we are paying....... this year was poor from two guys on the packets they are on..... im guessing this is why the club has got johns services, to lift them to the pay scale they are already enjoying. We should have let one of them go imo , its alot of money for a halves combo that isnt firing.

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Great, sack one of them so we can sign Daine Laurie... No offence, c eagle, but I'm mighty relieved you aren't in charge of our recruitment and retention. :D

15. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    lol, i guess this is why most people don't post there opinions on here, as clowns like yourself ( and i don't give a rats arse how long you have been here) are all to quick to jump on to be a smart ass. You need to learn its a free country and we are all entitled to our opinions... you just see it way to much on here. Where did i mention daine laurie in this thread.... I DIDNT , you just went and mixed to different topics and made a load of ****, Your not worth it clown.

16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Gee, lucky I said "No offence". I'd sure hate anyone to take my comments in the wrong spirit ...
    :s

17. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    Paying them top $ was necessary and long term should pay off. They are both Premiership winners and internationals ( whether DCE is again depends on Cronk & Thurston really ). They both came into 1st grade on the smell of an oily rag and don't forget DCE has spent a few years biding his time in our u20's and reggies when he could've maybe been earning more dosh elsewhere and Foz is as tough as they come so he will have some flat spots.

By your reckoning they had poor years considering their pay packets yet we somehow limped to the last four. I'm more than happy that we've locked them in for a few more years and whether we paid overs, time will tell.

If we let one of them walk, who takes their spot? Drinkwater isn't gonna be a walkup start at the Dragons.

It'll be interesting to see what both Reynolds' ( Dogs & Bunnies ) next contracts are worth on the back of last years form. My guess is they'll be comparable to DCE's yet they've achieved less teamwise and personally.

18. c eagle

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    Yeah i see your point , but who else in there line of work gets paid massive dollars as a junior , in a hope they might turn into a super star...its like signing an apprentice on 650000k on a hope that just one day he may deliver.......mate i love we have a young halves combo, but its a gamble, just look at tim smith years ago at parra..... they said he was going to be the nexted joey.... but he never progressed to that level. It happens, and foran will most likely end up locking the scrum. But like most of you im backing them all the way..... just hope the clubs right, and getting joey is not going to hurt.....if he can get these guys firing on each side of the field , teams wont know what hit them....if they take control, thats when you know the clubs 100% right . but at the end of the day its just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  19. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Disagree. Worth every cent of it.

20. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,124 / 288
    You think Kieran Foran, when there are players like Greg Inglis, Jonathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Jamie Lyon, The Morris twins etc etc etc in the game, is one of the TOP five players?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv2JDCKLi0k

• Like Like x 1