Top 3 players in 2013...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All of our roster is well and truly above the average NRL player one through 25 in our squad for their relative positions (I rate this roster as maybe Manly's most well rounded and solid, ever).

Players that will be our best are sure to be:-

1. Jamie Lyon. Stands for itself. He was my centre of the year last year. He is Manly's best player. He is one of the elite, best players in his position in the entire world, and has plenty more to offer. Please Mr Perry, get that contract sorted please.

2. Matt Ballin. Mr consistency is completely under rated in many circles. Many people dribble about Cameron Smith. Matt Ballin is the 2nd best Hooker in QLD, Australia and best overall Hooker for Manly. Matt Ballin isn't too far behind Cameron Smith.

3. Mystery Forward. I think we will be pleasantly surprised by all our forwards (who some will claim is aging), but with a stockpile that includes Kite, King, Watmough, Horo, Stewart, Buhrer, Rose, Galuvao, Lawrence, Fa'aoso, Mauro, with rookies like Cunningham, Chee Kam, Stromqvist, Sao & many others, we are disgustingly lucky and have a mass of riches. Of these, I kind of think Rose will surprise, and look / be much healthier.

1. Jamie Lyon - our MVP and the best centre in the world. 2013 will be another "Killer" year. Plenty of points and try assists, and I'm sure his leadership will rub off well on some of the rookies.
2. Foz - Under Joey's guidance, this could well be Foz's best season to date. He will create down the the left edge for guys like Matai and Taufua, and whoever our left edge backrower is (Horo/Choc/Buhrer) they will be running into many gaps off the brilliance of our #6.
3. Snake/Gift/Choc - One of these guys need to take their game to an even higher level. Probably more so Choc, if he can dominate then it will set the platform for the rest of our forwards to follow his way.

Has manly had its turn on NRL summertime yet?

I figure this will be our best look at the lads before the season proper

We had 3 or 4 big name players that were a little below par last year, for various reasons. If they fire and play to potential, then we will be hard to hold out.

If our squad delivered consistent and quality performances like Killer does every week then we'd be unbackable odds to take out the title. The guy is all class, and I fully expect that he will once again be one of our best this year. The only worry is the little run of leg injuries he has been experiencing of late, could be a sign of age. If he stays fit we compete every week.

I also think that DCE will be more dominant this year now that he has got that dreaded second year out of the way. His performances last year lacked consistency and at times he struggled to drive the attack when missing the support of Foran and Lyon. I'm hoping that working with Johns will take him up a notch and give him the confidence to be the go to man, to really pilot this team around and be a dominant force every set of six. His running game is underutilised so I'm hoping that he will exploit that more this year. If Joey can polish up his kicking game (short especially) then he will be a very complete package. If he delivers on his potential then we are top 4 certainities given the quality of cattle around him.

Finally I'd love to see Stevie have a standout year, free of injury and suspension. He is so under rated in attack, he deserves a year of line breaks and try assists, and maybe a swag of meat pies of his own. I'm hoping that without T-Rex getting in the way and chewing up all the available ball down the LHS, Stevie will get some more opportunites to shine. I can see a nice little combo developing with him and Horhay, they really complement each other. A lot of their opportunity will depend on whether Foz can deliver the quality service though.

As Ryan stated this team is blessed with talent all over the park, so rather than pick three players I just want to give an honourable mention to Jorge Tafua....I thought he had an exceptional début season for us last year and although his final game was somewhat of a let down he certainly wasn't Robinson Crusoe in a game best left forgotten.

The guy is such a powerful finisher...if he can overcome those occasional handling errors....I'd back him one on one against any winger in the comp.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4