1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toovey's use of interchange bench

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crusher_Cleal, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Did you think he got it right? Rose, Symonds and Gower barely played. Buhrer played front rower's minutes.

2. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,600 / 63
    He got it right ,refs got it wrong !!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr Buddy Weiser

Mr Buddy Weiser Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Not having 3 props available probably cost us but if Gower was only getting 3 minutes tooves could have picked me on the bench or at least smokin joe.

Seriously we needed an extra big bopper coming on in the first half.

4. Watto1972

Watto1972 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    missed Fa'oso badly. It would've been a risk but I think we should've played him even with the injury.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr Buddy Weiser

Mr Buddy Weiser Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I agree. It's only a broken neck. Haha

• Like Like x 2
  6. Andy 1972

Andy 1972 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    We missed Richie Faaoso. I think Tooves did the best with the bench we had.

Andy1972
    Manly Forever.

7. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Its all hindsight now but I would have played Hiku on the bench instead of Gower. His go forward could have been used, no complaints about what Toovey did, the boys did us proud out there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Needed hiku, Brett was great setting up two tries with passes, but he couldn't run or change direction. He was on the wing not fullback when jennings scored leaving wolf exposed at fb. Hiku for brett at 60 mins would have helped a lot. No criticism of Brett here, but he was 70% at best, running with 1 stiff leg.

9. Mr Buddy Weiser

Mr Buddy Weiser Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    No he wasn't. Wolf raced across field and was out of position. Snake was not playing on the wing

10. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    2v can do better.

Looking at gower's 10 meters run + 2 tackles must mean that 2v can utilise the bench better.

SACK TOOVEY!

lol

11. Av8r

Av8r Active Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 10
    Snake was out of position, Wolfie ran over to cover the fullback spot because Snake was in the line. After Wolf went to fullback, Stewart went to the wing. At least that's how it looked from where I was sitting.

12. Mr Buddy Weiser

Mr Buddy Weiser Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    The communication wasn't there. Wolf staying on his wing just won't happen. If you look at the play just before the kick, snake was back at fullback and wolf was on the other side of the posts, only then snake had to move out to cover him.

13. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Snake was trying to shepherd the ball over the line to give us a chance to go 80 metres to score. We were still in it and he was only 2cm of being right in doing so.

14. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    Stewart assumed Wolfman was going to do what he would at fullback, and make the play to knock it dead. Williams left it late to tell Stewart it was his play and as such, neither could react in time. You can see the confusion clearly in the slow-mo.

15. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Was Gower that much of a risk to only play him 3 minutes? I don't really get that - and I love Tooves.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I don't understand Tooves' use of the bench. We've had a very tough finals campaign, players are playing with needles, we are down on front rowers and yet we have a forward on the bench that plays 5 minutes ??

That was a waste of a bench spot in my opinion. Des had a habit of doing the same thing, and Tooves now seems to have picked up this tactic of playing with only 16 guys. I don't understand that theory myself, maybe someone can explain it.

17. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Gower was the guy who at least showed some glimpses of 2nd phase ball and offloads. With 10 minutes to go was it worth it?

18. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Investigation required.

19. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    I think Tooves is a great coach but I think he stuffed up the interchange. We were leading and then they started making busts through the ruck - that's plain and simple players being worn out. We needed some fresh blood on the field earlier.

20. AshfieldBazza

AshfieldBazza Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Having Gower play so few minutes just doesn't make sense and also Symonds lack of playing time through out most of playoffs doesn't make sense to me, only ever coming on between 50 and 60 mins into game for the rest of it doesn't make sense to me